Minimum alcohol pricing - latest?

the baccy and booze lobby down in westminster make sure we believe the drugs bad booze good mantra. the taliban and the columbians? should pull resources and start bigging up the merits of hard drugs.

diageo and the like are swimming in cash, the nhs should cut a deal with the government where all the incidents in a&e down to bevvy are cashed up and divvied up amongst the distillers and brewers depending on your turnover. the drinks industry is welcome to put a rep in the hospitals to make sure there is no book cooking. that'd work.

If they don't want to sign up, then they can fuck off.

If you drink to excess you won't be bothering the nhs in your real old age, makes you a cheaper patient in the long run.

How many super healthy types will be living into their 90's riddle with dementia or such like, they cost a fortune to look after but their bodies don't give up, well the bladder and rectum do but the rest keeps on going.

The NHS should be thankful of boozers, not only does the tax of it pay for them the boozers won't be a problem as above because they'll have already passed.

Your average lamdlord should be grateful to like likes of us DT; reel in of story after story at the bar; keeping the a

chump punters entralled

I have the punters in the palm of my hand most nights regaling stories of hard fought victories, from the ditches of goose green to the streets of govan I have a tale to tell.

I don't like to talk about it on here of course, not my style. :cool:

I have the punters in the palm of my hand most nights regaling stories of hard fought victories, from the ditches of goose green to the streets of govan I have a tale to tell.

I don't like to talk about it on here of course, not my style. :cool:

Me too, they love my tales of guts and glory, from sports day at Harlaw Playing Fields to the queue for candy floss at last year's panto. It makes the hair on the back of their necks stand on end.

But I don't like talking about it on here, not my style :nono:

Anyone remember happy hours? Pisses me off that places can't sell things they sell at the prices they want to sell at.

Price of cigarettes is over £9 now. People who choose still to smoke, and are forced to stand outside, still smoke. Does anyone really think folk will stop drinking or drink less when out on a session if the price of alcohol goes up? I don't.

What's after this? Minimum price on chippers and other take aways because they make people fat?

Anyone remember happy hours? Pisses me off that places can't sell things they sell at the prices they want to sell at.

Aaaahhhh, the magical words 'happy hour'. Used to go straight into Henry J Beans on Winmill Brae after work on a Friday for happy hour. Threw as much drink down my neck as possible with a rack of sticky ribs on the side. Brilliant way to start a weekend. Happy days! :beer:

I used to go straight from work on a Friday as well for the happy hours, load up on beer at the muscular arms (sounds like a gay bar but wasn't...I don't think) then on to the royal hotel for more beer and the free food, always in a proper shape by 9 ready to hit the clubs.

Cannae fault ye. A man after my own heart liver.

Fit a shower o wimmins blouses! My weekend started on a Wednesday and finished on a Tuesday. Grow a pair for the love o fuck. Lock ins? It's nae uncommon fer the works van pickin me up at the pub in the mornin, 45 minute power nap and Ah'm right as rain, working like a fuckin Trojan, then come opening time I used to outrun Bernie the Bolt to the nearest Hostelry! Spit and sawdust cruisers for this gadge,,nain o thon poofy bar shit, although Ah have to admit, Ah've been in a couple by accident, Ah mean who's no?

Jig,

Do you remember when the pubs used to close on Sundays between the lunchtime sesh and evening opening, the lock ins in my local the four mile were legendary, the police must have known it was going on as it was always carnage come early evenings, the punch ups were amazing, especially on old firm weekends. A mix of hun, tic and dandies all locked in together never ended well.

Great days. :cool:

Jig,

Do you remember when the pubs used to close on Sundays between the lunchtime sesh and evening opening, the lock ins in my local the four mile were legendary, the police must have known it was going on as it was always carnage come early evenings, the punch ups were amazing, especially on old firm weekends. A mix of hun, tic and dandies all locked in together never ended well.

showing your age now that was a while back and it was pish but never really stuck to

same with the not opening early on a sunday sometimes you would get the coppers coming in looking for someone but ignoring the illegal drinking (know that would not happen now same with the under-agers and ID nobody bothered your age back then)

Jig,

Great days indeed! I was raised in the last coonty on the mainland to get all day opening, niver mind on a Sunday. In thon days when you nipped oot fer a pint it was an adventure. Ye nivir telt yer Ma and Da fit time ye'll be in. Ye sent them a post caird or mair often ur no, ye phoned them fae the Cop Shop ye where banged up in. Young cunts noo a days? They need a guid talikin' tae.