Films

Sorry We Missed You.

Following on from I, Daniel Blake it's a further slice of bleakety bleak bleak from Ken Loach, this time around focussing on the issues from the zero hours contract workplace. So the blurb goes anyway. I didn't get it that way though. It's more kitchen sink drama than anything else. Guy gets a gig as a self employed courier given the more grand title of franchisee which actually means jackshit. I should know as I walk in those footsteps. His wife is a home help, a worthy but equally shit job.

The movie was of interest to me as I have the same job and was curious to see what Loach was going to do with it. Not sure what anyone else would get from it though. It's not as if folk are unaware of what life is like out there. 

Is it accurate? I recognised some of the storylines from newspaper articles and the working practices certainly represent stuff from Amazon and DPD but while the basics have some legitimacy overall it becomes more bleak than it needs to be.

Sorry We Missed You.

Following on from I, Daniel Blake it's a further slice of bleakety bleak bleak from Ken Loach, this time around focussing on the issues from the zero hours contract workplace. So the blurb goes anyway. I didn't get it that way though. It's more kitchen sink drama than anything else. Guy gets a gig as a self employed courier given the more grand title of franchisee which actually means jackshit. I should know as I walk in those footsteps. His wife is a home help, a worthy but equally shit job.

The movie was of interest to me as I have the same job and was curious to see what Loach was going to do with it. Not sure what anyone else would get from it though. It's not as if folk are unaware of what life is like out there.

Is it accurate? I recognised some of the storylines from newspaper articles and the working practices certainly represent stuff from Amazon and DPD but while the basics have some legitimacy overall it becomes more bleak than it needs to be.

That's his thing, playing to the gallery

Went to watch Joker tonight, absolutely awesome movie and lived up to its hype and my own expectations.

Forget the bollox about 'excessive violence', compared to most films these days I thought it was tame.

Affa dark topic of mental health throughout also touching on some of the current issues facing Society.

And just give Joaquin Phoenix the best actor award now.

Loved the use of the gary glitter track 'Rock and Roll Part 2' just to piss off the UK snowflakes I hope.

Here me too son - but if you've a terrific team behind you, you'll look terrific.

Mr Brooks is a fine example of what a useless bastard he is (given producer kudos for it he was).

What's your fave western anyway son? Young guns?

Tough question that Dad. I've got a few. Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Tombstone. The Good the Bad and the Ugly is probably just tops though. A better film to watch with a few beers just does not exist.