Films

Naebody seen The Meg yet?

It's the kind of nonsense I'd normally be drawn to but as it contains the two words which are pretty much my kryptonite I'm wary of the disappointment.

Yer drawn tae pysh 12 yr aulds wid pit oan tae spook themsels oot oan a sleep-ower.. Fukin worryin yer piyin £ tae showcase evry week fir yer wee friday efternin spookfest. Dinna tell meh wha else wis in the cinema....ehm stertin tae click oan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yer drawn tae pysh 12 yr aulds wid pit oan tae spook themsels oot oan a sleep-ower.. Fukin worryin yer piyin £ tae showcase evry week fir yer wee friday efternin spookfest. Dinna tell meh wha else wis in the cinema....ehm stertin tae click oan

Yer talkin nonsense. Generally don't go in the "efternin" due to having a job though I do avoid peak times to avoid folk who can't go more than ten minutes without checking their facebook page. Neither do I watch horror for a "spookfest". When well made, clever or original they amuse me and I enjoy watching those who are good at their craft. I mentioned the other folk there as some of them seemed to find it funny while I did not.

• Upvote 1

The Meg.

Hey arabian, I went this "efternin" just for you seeing that I've got an unscheduled day off work today.

Obvious question would be, Is it nearer Jaws or Sharknado? To be fair, neither. Nowhere near Jaws but better than Jaws 3 or 4. There is stuff in it I liked - the 3D was fairly decent. Stuff I hated - Jason Statham (naturally).

That's the big question I'd have. The film has a budget reportedly around $130m so how do you end up with that dick in the lead role? Wants to be Bruce Willis but comes across as Phil Mitchell. The other problem is that you don't really believe in the monster shark so it's hard to suspend your disbelief. Too many cliches for my liking, too many zany wisecracking characters etc. However, overall the first half is ok to watch but as it gets to the last half hour it does get closer to Sharknado.

Ehd hae pit it mare like deep blue sea. Ye ken whit yel git wi it...like wi skull island. Ehd still swatch the meg fir the cgi action oan the biggest screen eh cid git tae. Wit ehm oan aboot wi yersel is they daft horror sleep-ower films yer wastin yer fridays oan. Thir only been 3 gade horror yins aw year, (ghost storys wis wan) ye must ken yer gan intae shyte when its unfriended derk Web or annabelle twa ffs. Thats wit ehm gittin it. Ye canna tell meh yel nae read a metro review afore ye pert wi yer notes

Ehd hae pit it mare like deep blue sea. Ye ken whit yel git wi it...like wi skull island. Ehd still swatch the meg fir the cgi action oan the biggest screen eh cid git tae. Wit ehm oan aboot wi yersel is they daft horror sleep-ower films yer wastin yer fridays oan. Thir only been 3 gade horror yins aw year, (ghost storys wis wan) ye must ken yer gan intae shyte when its unfriended derk Web or annabelle twa ffs. Thats wit ehm gittin it. Ye canna tell meh yel nae read a metro review afore ye pert wi yer notes

Don't read the metro. Generally have a peek on imdb or rotten tomatoes to see what score they've got. Doesn't influence my opinion. That said, Slenderman is out soon but it's getting utterly slaughtered so I'm not so sure about doing that one. Think Equaliser 2 will get the nod.

Deep Blue Sea is a fair comparison for The Meg though but with a bigger budget and now you mention the big screen thing it did occur when I was watching that seeing it 2D on a telly might not do it any favours. 

BTW Bloodfest was billed as comedy horror so not meant to be frightening stuff. The humour was lost on me was the point I was making.

Searching.

Getting high approval ratings but I'm not sold on it. It's hoorin slow for the most part (first half hour esp.) although the big reveal and ending was ok. It's played out entirely through the eyes of webpages and apps. In my book, some is acceptable but for a whole film it's just a bit irritating.

Took our wee girl to see the Little Mermaid at the cinema recently. Some random midday showing.  Her first cinema trip.  We ate in Subway first- It reminded me of courting her mother ;)

It was only when I asked for the tickets I wondered how much do they change for a nearly-3 yr old?  I naively though some nominal fee, £2 or something.  Was £8!

So it cost us £19 to see a ~30 year old cartoon.  No wonder the place was nearly empty.  I remember you could get in for an empty jam jar.

She loved it though, so I got over the price quickly.  She liked being up high as well - it was on level 5 in Cineworld, so some cracking views of our noble City.  

I had never seen the film, and thought it was decent.  It's no Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, of course, but pretty decent.  Frightening its 30 yr old.

n better thin the first yin tae, denzel it ez best

cunt tikkers, meh baws ir twitchin fir yer nun review oan friday min. Better nae git yer hapes up fir the auld bead rattlin bastart - Trailers nae likkin tae gade

Can do better than that, was there tonight. It's fucking rubbish actually. Poorly thought out, superficial storyline. They seem to think a spooky setting and intended jump scares will make a good horror movie. Nuns appearing and disappearing all over the place, ach it's just nae guid.

If you really want one to see, BlacKKKlansman is the one.

Can do better than that, was there tonight. It's fucking rubbish actually. Poorly thought out, superficial storyline. They seem to think a spooky setting and intended jump scares will make a good horror movie. Nuns appearing and disappearing all over the place, ach it's just nae guid.

If you really want one to see, BlacKKKlansman is the one.

Eh kent it wid be,tikkers it's a fukin cash in. Cunts ir sayin it maks annabelle creation looket like the exorcist, Jump scares ir low brow but the gade wans.. Well, eh tell ye,thir only wan man that can n thats big jimmy wan.