Connor Mclennan

Very, very quickly going off this thicko

So, so wasteful and is a man down

Even Cristiano Ronaldo was wasteful for his first 18 months at Man Utd ffs. He’s going to have some bad games and make poor decisions given he’s only played a handful of games, but there’s enough there to persevere with.

I think he would be used a bit more off the bench if GMS wasn’t injured and Stewart was in form

It's nothing to do with where he is from

If you don't agree he has been extremely wasteful recently then you're kidding yourself

And don't bother with the "he scored at ibrox " keech

John Stewart scored at parkhead and the less said about him the better

Mclennan has all of the building blocks but he should not be starting every game yet

You have absolute no perception Frankie... you are like a child sometimes.

Do you expect that every youth academy graduate should spawn as the 100% complete player?

McLennan's decision making will improve in time.  If he continues his progress, he'll become an important player.  The boy is 19 y/o - he's going to have some nightmares along the way.....

• Upvote 2

McLennan is a good player.

He sometimes gets over excited when he gets the ball and wants to beat everyone but he'll learn.

His pace and his finishing are his best assets just now. He could do a job up front through the middle I reckon

I'm sure he used to play through the middle in his younger days.. (younger days as though he isn't 19).. but if he did it could be a future option.

He definitely has the build, has technical ability - as long as he listens to the boys above him, leans on GMS/McGinn etc. for advice he will do alright in th e long term! 

For me he's a player who is exciting and can go past a man and IMO they are few and far between so hopefully he kicks on!

I'm sure he used to play through the middle in his younger days.. (younger days as though he isn't 19).. but if he did it could be a future option.

He definitely has the build, has technical ability - as long as he listens to the boys above him, leans on GMS/McGinn etc. for advice he will do alright in th e long term!

For me he's a player who is exciting and can go past a man and IMO they are few and far between so hopefully he kicks on!

I'm going to get ridiculed for this and I'm not saying he'll ever be as good a player but he reminds me style wise of a young Gareth Bale. Talented but raw.

I think he'll be a force for us in the next year or so.

• Upvote 1

Great post, until you put the footballer cliche right at the end......

MT going off a player from up North that plays for Aberdeen & came through the youth system

There's a surprise eh lol

He is a 19 year old RAW talent in his breakthrough season.

A very well developed player physically & having a great debut season given age/experience.

If he was the complete player the delusional MT thinks he should be. He wouldn't have been persuaded to sign a new deal for us & he would be gone in summer.

This lad has a very promising career ahead of him & hopefully a good few years of that are with us.

We have a great young crop breaking through at the moment that bodes well for us, even if a few of them only make it as squad players.

McLennan, Ferguson, Campbell, Anderson (have doubts on Wright) even Cosgrove but I think he will be sold first semi decent offer.

MT going off a player from up North that plays for Aberdeen & came through the youth system

There's a surprise eh lol

He is a 19 year old RAW talent in his breakthrough season.

A very well developed player physically & having a great debut season given age/experience.

If he was the complete player the delusional MT thinks he should be. He wouldn't have been persuaded to sign a new deal for us & he would be gone in summer.

This lad has a very promising career ahead of him & hopefully a good few years of that are with us.

We have a great young crop breaking through at the moment that bodes well for us, even if a few of them only make it as squad players.

McLennan, Ferguson, Campbell, Anderson (have doubts on Wright) even Cosgrove but I think he will be sold first semi decent offer.

Even if they only make it as squad players then that's half the battle. Can focus on signing players that will make a difference.

Even if they only make it as squad players then that's half the battle. Can focus on signing players that will make a difference.

Agreed. I'm not saying that would be a massive negative as it saves us having to find & sign squad players.

Hopefully they all make it as decent first team players though but statistically unlikely at a club like Aberdeen. They certainly all would at lesser clubs in the league for sure though on what we've seen so far.

All that said though, I couldn't exactly pick out any one of them (other than Wright) that is only likely to make it as a squad player

Can't expect every youth player to be as good. He was clearly exceptional.

He had better close control & strong with both feet but McLennan has him for power/speed.

He can easily improve on his passing & decision making with time in the first team.

Only thing I dislike about him at moment is he seems to be developing a habit of going to ground a bit too much.

Risk of being labeled a diver like Pawlett if he keeps that up.

Haha, no, he doesn't

Fraser is faster and I would also argue, stronger

Fraser needed about two strides to most players one.

He wasn't fast & most certainly (when with us) was not strong in any way.

He was continuously pushed off the ball, as you would expect, with him being young/small & weak but he got up & got on with it.

Are you trying to directly compare McLennan now to Fraser now? When Fraser has vastly more experience now & is valued at £20m.

That shows you for the twat you are if you are doing this to try make a point.

He was continuously pushed off the ball, as you would expect, with him being young/small & weak but he got up & got on with it.

Are you trying to directly compare McLennan now to Fraser now? When Fraser has vastly more experience now & is valued at £20m.

You're either fishing or talking shite,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol you just said Ryan Fraser isnt fast so that's the Convo done

He just looks faster because he's only got little legs.

Anyway my point stands. You are unfairly comparing McLennan to Fraser today & not to the young & inexperienced player that broke into our team. The one that looked exciting going forward but was easily brushed off the ball & often fouled.

Fraser is/was an old fashioned type two footed winger. McLennan is stronger/more powerful & faster than Fraser was when with us. He just isn't two footed but is still gaining experience.

He just looks faster because he's only got little legs.

Anyway my point stands. You are unfairly comparing McLennan to Fraser today & not to the young & inexperienced player that broke into our team. The one that looked exciting going forward but was easily brushed off the ball & often fouled.

Fraser is/was an old fashioned type two footed winger. McLennan is stronger/more powerful & faster than Fraser was when with us. He just isn't two footed but is still gaining experience.

Sorry FnD but Frankie has owned you with this one. I rate McLennan and think he’ll be a great player once he gets properly going but to say Fraser wasn’t strong or fast is absolute nonsense. You say he was easily pushed off the ball, no he was fouled every time. He was a brilliant player for us and that’s why it was annoying the fact he left so soon into his career with us as it was obvious he would have been a major player for the club
  • Downvote 1

^ Correct.  Total nonsense regarding Fraser.  Frasers toughness, despite being knee-high to a grasshoper, was one of the attributes that stuck out most obviously.  He was like a Honey Badger, out there on the wing.

However, I do love the Daryl Gurney/Millertime look-a-like!  Uncanny!  In profile, it is a spit!

Bollocks. Yous are implying he was some kind of super fast little angry man syndrome sufferer lol

Amazing how folks memories exaggerate things.

He was a great wee player among a team full of shite during dark times for us & was a great loss.

He wasn't fast. He was small & had a quick 'turn' of pace due to a low center of gravity basically but he was a dribbler/old school type winger.

He most certainly was not strong when he was with us. To say he was is astoundingly ridiculous. I can see how some would mistake his short bursts of speed with his little legs for him being 'fast' but he wasn't really & still isn't really that fast.

^ Correct.  Total nonsense regarding Fraser.  Frasers toughness, despite being knee-high to a grasshoper, was one of the attributes that stuck out most obviously.  He was like a Honey Badger, out there on the wing.

However, I do love the Daryl Gurney/Millertime look-a-like!  Uncanny!  In profile, it is a spit!

#Very similar to Hayes. He was short, but he was strong as fuck. and wasn't afraid to keep going, even when he was getting kicked all over the park.