Curtis Main

Terrific digging

I haven't slagged Main off imo.

Admittedly underwhelmed due to his record last season however willing to give him a chance.

I'm completely underwhelmed by the signing.

Hopefully I look stupid(er) at the end of the season, after he's knocked 20 goals in

I'm completely underwhelmed by the signing.

Hopefully I look stupid(er) at the end of the season, after he's knocked 20 goals in

Hahahaha the way McInnes lines up his teams lucky if he scores one.

Also Ash Taylor only signed to play in front of Considine and Devlin when we play the top 4 sides

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be fair when Main first signed for Motherwell in Jan 18 he looked a player in those first 5 months when he scored 8 goals in 21 games and was getting good reviews for his physical bustling style. Had we signed him last summer and got rid of Cosgrove I think most fans would have been delighted.

However fast forward 12 months and the fortunes of Cosgrove and Main have gone in completely different directions. Most are now a bit "meh" about signing Main as he was nowhere near as effective last season whereas Cosgrove unbelievably banged in 21 goals (I reckon a bookie would have offered odds of 100/1 at the start of the season for him to score that many goals and outscore all the Celtic players).

As far as Main goes I'll get behind him like I do with every player that signs for the famous. He's an upgrade on the current version of May. I'm just not convinced he's what we need. But I hope goes on to prove the doubters wrong.

Call him Mr. Raider, call him Mr. Wrong, call him Curtis Main (Main, Main)

Call him Mr. Raider, call him Mr. Wrong, call him insane (him insane, him insane)

He'd say, "I know what I want

And I want it now

I want you, 'cause I'm Curtis Main"

I know what I want

And I want it now

I want you, 'cause I'm Curtis Main”

Etc etc

He wanted and got £3k/week

As you were Millermong…..I'm being mildly amusing

His stats are massively worse than Darren Mackies were at the same age.

We already used our 'late developer' bonus card up on Cosgrove last season.

Chances of this guy being another one are pretty slim.

Maybe he's going to be used as a battling midfielder. Even that would make more sense than us having signed him as a striker ffs

Actually, that is a possibility. Maybe he's in as a replacement for Shinnie in midfield. He was a converted left back after all.

I will hold off on slating Main (& McInnes for this signing) until we see if he becomes some kind of genius converted player.

Ash Taylor on the other hand  :suicide: ZERO hope for that cart horse being anything other than a bombscare, that wins a few attacking headers & jostles a few opposition defenders 

So when the accounts are published next year there will be a ear drop in the football budget/spend?

How much do you think it's been cut back by? 20%?

Betty Swallicks covered why there probably won't be a drop.  Milnes puppets new deal will make up the shortfall of signing shite like Taylor and Main.

• Upvote 1

Thought he wasn't up to match in Motherwell's last game at Pittodrie.  Seemed to give away foul after foul. I don't remember the semi final, was hungover watching it in a bar in Newcastle on a stag and drank it out of my memory that night.  

Hopefully turns out to have an impact, need some consistent goals from someone in attack besides Cosgrove.  

Although I like that we are getting some business out of the way earlier than we have in some recent seasons, would like to see a signing or two in the areas where we have lost players.  Left back and central midfield were greater priorities than any of the positions we have signed in yet.  

Thought he wasn't up to match in Motherwell's last game at Pittodrie.  Seemed to give away foul after foul. I don't remember the semi final, was hungover watching it in a bar in Newcastle on a stag and drank it out of my memory that night.  

Hopefully turns out to have an impact, need some consistent goals from someone in attack besides Cosgrove.  

Although I like that we are getting some business out of the way earlier than we have in some recent seasons, would like to see a signing or two in the areas where we have lost players.  Left back and central midfield were greater priorities than any of the positions we have signed in yet.  

Key for people to remember this.

To the untrained eye, yes

One word

Giroud

Giroud still has an enviable strike rate. Gets plenty goals for a target man. He's also a wonderfully skilled and clever player. Capable of the spectacular too.

Giroud still has an enviable strike rate. Gets plenty goals for a target man. He's also a wonderfully skilled and clever player. Capable of the spectacular too.

Aye but the point was that he doesn't score an incredible amount of goals.

0 in the World Cup yet part of a successful team.

Some strikers enable the team as a whole to score more. Obviously you'd rather a striker who can do both but that's obviously tough for us to find.