Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Shit. My response got wiped when it duplicated and I tried to edit one of them. Will explain later but going out just now. Unless you mods can reinstate it, the once? Teething problems with the new site I reckon, like the timings of certain posts. 

like the timings of certain posts. 

I love answering posters before they actually post.

Takes a certain skill that. 

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Good to have you back rocket!  Must pull you up on the section in bold though.  The only time I've heard you speaking was on that presentation video for your business, that was doing the rounds a few years ago.  Your accent was what I would define as upper-middle scots - dare I say quite posh?  I wouldn't have marked you down as North East to be honest.

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

@sotr

Born Foresterhill of 100% NE ancestry. Accents very often indicate origin and background/"class" but there are exceptions to every rule. Having lived abroad for 15 years, including from the age of 1 when I was learning to speak and surrounded by English accents and Chinese people, I have a "force's accent". Even my old man, 100% teuchter doesn't have a strong Doric accent as he educated himself.

I reject notions of class, even though it obviously exists. As a concept, it limits individual ambition in some and invokes great snobbery in others. It's the first time I've been called posh though so that's interesting.

Sometimes with work you have to put a more polite or posher accent on.

None of the apples & pears/me old china bunny.

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Yes I did. There's no contradiction. I prefer real people, people who are not snobs, people who don't reckon that their station in life will be improved by the environment they hang out in. Class exists only in the minds of those who live and breathe it.

There's a lot of snobs on here,  you should put them in their place. ?

Used to like The Dutch Mill when I lived in Aberdeen. In fact, I was shagging one of the barmaids for a while, that was about 13 years ago now though. 

I went in the last time I was back in Aberdeen to watch the Rijeka away leg. That was a shite game. Still a decent pint in The Mill though and the smoked sausage supper from the Dolphin afterwards was even better.