The Labour Party Are A Fucking Disgrace

caledonia

The Labour Party have been going on for a year about the tories austerity measures and when they got the chance to vote it down yesterday only 48 of their MPs voted against it.

we will look after the poor and weak in our society is what they said all the time but they are lying fuckers

Ian Murray their only Scottish MP even lied in an interview to the BBC today which they did not correct (no surprise there though)

saying he voted against it when it was later revealed he more or less voted for it by abstaining

http://wingsoverscotland.com/ian-murray-is-a-liar/#comments

• Upvote 1

Austerity measures only impact the poorest members of society. Cutting the services and programs that they rely on to make ends meet. It's basically the richest members of society telling the poorest that in order to balance the books, and keep the richest 1% in the lifestyle to which they're accustomed, the poor people are going to have to live on ever less income.

Funny watching Cameron extolling the virtues and necessities of Austerity measures from the comfort of a gold and velvet throne. A huge FUCK YOU to poor people and as graphic an illustration of what 'Austerity' really means as you are likely to see.

david-cameron.jpg

• Upvote 3

seems like they are getting it in the neck on facebook as well by their own members

https://www.facebook.com/labourparty

The real impact will be when social upheaval occurs, rather than Likes on Facebook.

People say that the masses are kept in a stupid and stupified state in order to keep them from rebelling, but to be honest I think there's a huge flaw in that argument.

The Russian and French peasantry rebelled when they'd had enough of watching their kids starve while the Elite travelled around in their golden carriages, and the French and Russian peasantry were probably as thick as it is possible for humans to get. It's not at that stage yet, but I think it would be silly for our masters to believe it can never get to that point in modern times.

The real impact will be when social upheaval occurs, rather than Likes on Facebook.

People say that the masses are kept in a stupid and stupified state in order to keep them from rebelling, but to be honest I think there's a huge flaw in that argument.

The Russian and French peasantry rebelled when they'd had enough of watching their kids starve while the Elite travelled around in their golden carriages, and the French and Russian peasantry were probably as thick as it is possible for humans to get. It's not at that stage yet, but I think it would be silly for our masters to believe it can never get to that point in modern times.

Why would you worry? Sitting in your lakehouse in fuck knows USA and regarding 'our masters' from 3000 miles away?

Your point of view is therefore flawed and irrelevant.

• Upvote 3

Why would you worry? Sitting in your lakehouse in fuck knows USA and regarding 'our masters' from 3000 miles away?

Your point of view is therefore flawed and irrelevant.

I'm not sitting in my lakehouse, I'm sitting in my townhouse. I'll be sitting in my lakehouse by Friday, mind you...

That cleared up, social upheaval occurs regardless of national boundaries, and I'm not referencing any one country in particular, ergo my opinion is both valid and awesome.

As usual.

:)

• Upvote 1

I took it with a pinch of salt and a wee chuckle when Stewart Hosie first said it, but this vote has proved him right - the SNP are now really the party of opposition. MPs are not sent to parliament to abstain on votes. Labour have probably gone and wiped another 10% off their own electorate and in the process given Jeremy Corbin an open goal to get voted in. Ergo we can look forward to another ten years of Tory government.

I'm not sitting in my lakehouse, I'm sitting in my townhouse. I'll be sitting in my lakehouse by Friday, mind you...

That cleared up, social upheaval occurs regardless of national boundaries, and I'm not referencing any one country in particular, ergo my opinion is both valid and awesome.

As usual.

:)

Quite correct Sir. I apologise for being downright rude.

When the welfare state was created (by the Labour party) it was to be a 'safety net' for those unable to work because of disability, or those going through temporary financial hard times, to manage until they got back on their feet.

It was not meant to be a 'lifestyle choice', or means to receive average wage living standards by being feckless (which it with after New Labour).

The tax-paying hardworking lower to middle classes should not be subsidising those who don't want to work.

Your right Kelt the revolution has started, taxpayers have had enough.

When the welfare state was created (by the Labour party) it was to be a 'safety net' for those unable to work because of disability, or those going through temporary financial hard times, to manage until they got back on their feet.

It was not meant to be a 'lifestyle choice', or means to receive average wage living standards by being feckless (which it with after New Labour).

The tax-paying hardworking lower to middle classes should not be subsidising those who don't want to work.

While I agree with this to a certain extent.

What's your solution to providing a decent existence for the lower rungs of society? How do you plan to stop poverty and it's negative side effects?

All this in a world where unskilled, low skilled and semi skilled jobs are decreasing day by day.

Are you confident that your own job is safe in an increasingly globalised work force market place and the rise of technology?

Do you live in Aberdeen?

What's your solution to providing a decent existence for the lower rungs of society? How do you plan to stop poverty and it's negative side effects?

I will have a crack at that:

Kids

- Kids cannot leave primary or secondary school without having achieved a minimum standard in core subjects (esp literacy / numeracy etc)

- free, nutritious school meals for all children

- Introduce vocational type courses in secondary schools

- after school study / homework clubs in all schools

- inspirational speakers at school to introduce kids to things they might never otherwise encounter

- lots of sport at school

- life skill training in schools: including basics such as how to cook a simple nutritious meal, how to speak properly (byraway), how to present yourself, interview skills, how to plan to get places (work) on time, how to use cultlery properly at a formal dinner, indeed generally (many kids grow up without any grounding in such social basics, which has a massive negative effect on their confidence and self-esteem - and its really unfair because its not their fault).

- introduction to Thomist philosophy to teach them how to think

- supreme efforts at all levels to instill of dignity in everyone and to broaden their horizons beyond the boundaries of their own council estate - ie give a sense of identity like "citizen of the world" rather than "easterhoose young team".

Adults

- cant receive benefit unless attending courses to provide vocational skills and/or remedial learning; on no account should people be given free money to sit watching the telly or go down the bookies

- benefits not given mostly in cash, but rather in (eg) utility vouchers / nutritious food / hygiene essentials (to benefit families and stop feckless parents wasting benefit on booze / fags etc)

- free childcare (which is really a mothers job, but let us walk before we can run)

Communities

- free sports centres / facilities in communities with organised events for all ages and abilities

- some form of "amphitheatre" (if you will) in communities, to provide a forum for "free culture", such as plays, ballet and concerts, to entertain and broaden peoples horizons; often less fortunate people feel excluded from culture, and think theatre/opera etc is only for the priviliged, but its not - it belongs to us all and can benefit us all. Let them spend an evening with Shakespeare of Mozart, for example, instead of another evening drinking down the "Flying Tumbler" pub.

- ban on bookies in poorer communities

- control on numbers of alcohol outlets in poorer communities

- community centres offering things like social advice/assistance, internet access, free language courses etc

- better local healthcare

- actually have proper dental provision on NHS

- initiatives like community allotments or (for kids) pets, to encourage interaction, responsibility, working together, sense of reward etc

- get rid of the grievance culture which characterises UK politics and society at all levels

How to pay for it / achieve it

- I think the current benefit system is extremely wasteful and much of this could be achieved simply by starting to use the provision properly

- slash overseas aid (which is mostly just "buying influence" these days)

- slash all public-funded PC bullshit (Womens groups, 'LGBT' groups etc - wasting money to create pesky, divisive whiners)

- reduction in immigration and encourage increase in birth rate (many benefits, inc saving money)

- all arms of the public sector to be accountable, get their shit together and stop wasting money = big savings

- make massive savings on NHS by using it properly and not putting money into non-healthcare things like breast implants, "sex changes", abortion etc

- teachers no longer get the same generous holidays as schookids. Instead several of those long weeks off would be spent offerting adult education and/or remedial classes to school kids.

- GPs open on saturdays and till 8pm at least some evenings

- challenging mouthy 'slebrities' who always seem to know whats best for us, to put their money where their mouth is. Lets see the colour of your money, non-tax paying Bob Geldoff, you twat Russell brand and all your tax doging chums

- higher taxes on corporate profits and high earners (esp footballers)

- public floggings if persons will not co-operate with my brave new world ;)

There!

Some of this might exist in some form already, but it would be better under my regime ;)

bobo, location is under name .....................

Redforever86, I don't have the answers. However, having generations of families dependent on benefits, never having to seek employment is not the solution. I was not a Clinton fan, however his welfare to work programme was successful.

I do worry about my employment prospects. Having nearly always been in work (having gone out & found work of varying low-middle pay), I do not belong to either the university educated haves, & the barely educated have-nots. I belong to the non-skilled aspirational inbetween who are not looked after by education or benefits, the silent majority of tax-payers who contribute to society & have had enough of the cheats & chancers who benefit from our efforts.

What a load of tripe

• Upvote 3

I will have a crack at that:

Kids

- Kids cannot leave primary or secondary school without having achieved a minimum standard in core subjects (esp literacy / numeracy etc)

- free, nutritious school meals for all children

- Introduce vocational type courses in secondary schools

- after school study / homework clubs in all schools

- inspirational speakers at school to introduce kids to things they might never otherwise encounter

- lots of sport at school

- life skill training in schools: including basics such as how to cook a simple nutritious meal, how to speak properly (byraway), how to present yourself, interview skills, how to plan to get places (work) on time, how to use cultlery properly at a formal dinner, indeed generally (many kids grow up without any grounding in such social basics, which has a massive negative effect on their confidence and self-esteem - and its really unfair because its not their fault).

- introduction to Thomist philosophy to teach them how to think

- supreme efforts at all levels to instill of dignity in everyone and to broaden their horizons beyond the boundaries of their own council estate - ie give a sense of identity like "citizen of the world" rather than "easterhoose young team".

Adults

- cant receive benefit unless attending courses to provide vocational skills and/or remedial learning; on no account should people be given free money to sit watching the telly or go down the bookies

- benefits not given mostly in cash, but rather in (eg) utility vouchers / nutritious food / hygiene essentials (to benefit families and stop feckless parents wasting benefit on booze / fags etc)

- free childcare (which is really a mothers job, but let us walk before we can run)

Communities

- free sports centres / facilities in communities with organised events for all ages and abilities

- some form of "amphitheatre" (if you will) in communities, to provide a forum for "free culture", such as plays, ballet and concerts, to entertain and broaden peoples horizons; often less fortunate people feel excluded from culture, and think theatre/opera etc is only for the priviliged, but its not - it belongs to us all and can benefit us all. Let them spend an evening with Shakespeare of Mozart, for example, instead of another evening drinking down the "Flying Tumbler" pub.

- ban on bookies in poorer communities

- control on numbers of alcohol outlets in poorer communities

- community centres offering things like social advice/assistance, internet access, free language courses etc

- better local healthcare

- actually have proper dental provision on NHS

- initiatives like community allotments or (for kids) pets, to encourage interaction, responsibility, working together, sense of reward etc

- get rid of the grievance culture which characterises UK politics and society at all levels

How to pay for it / achieve it

- I think the current benefit system is extremely wasteful and much of this could be achieved simply by starting to use the provision properly

- slash overseas aid (which is mostly just "buying influence" these days)

- slash all public-funded PC bullshit (Womens groups, 'LGBT' groups etc - wasting money to create pesky, divisive whiners)

- reduction in immigration and encourage increase in birth rate (many benefits, inc saving money)

- all arms of the public sector to be accountable, get their shit together and stop wasting money = big savings

- make massive savings on NHS by using it properly and not putting money into non-healthcare things like breast implants, "sex changes", abortion etc

- teachers no longer get the same generous holidays as schookids. Instead several of those long weeks off would be spent offerting adult education and/or remedial classes to school kids.

- GPs open on saturdays and till 8pm at least some evenings

- challenging mouthy 'slebrities' who always seem to know whats best for us, to put their money where their mouth is. Lets see the colour of your money, non-tax paying Bob Geldoff, you twat Russell brand and all your tax doging chums

- higher taxes on corporate profits and high earners (esp footballers)

- public floggings if persons will not co-operate with my brave new world ;)

There!

Some of this might exist in some form already, but it would be better under my regime ;)

Sounds a lot like communism.

• Upvote 1

bobo, location is under name .....................

Redforever86, I don't have the answers. However, having generations of families dependent on benefits, never having to seek employment is not the solution. I was not a Clinton fan, however his welfare to work programme was successful.

I do worry about my employment prospects. Having nearly always been in work (having gone out & found work of varying low-middle pay), I do not belong to either the university educated haves, & the barely educated have-nots. I belong to the non-skilled aspirational inbetween who are not looked after by education or benefits, the silent majority of tax-payers who contribute to society & have had enough of the cheats & chancers who benefit from our efforts.

No it's not.

• Upvote 1

Everyone and his dog on the comments on the labour facebook page are saying to vote for Corbyn

just watch the scaremongering by the press and tv like they did to us in the referendum

Seems like the press etc now run British politics (most of us have waken up to their bullshit and lies but in England they are maybe a few years behind)

some of the comments are a scream but no one is brave enough to answer what their members are asking

https://www.facebook.com/labourparty

After what they did and still do to the people of Scotland they can rot in hell

roll on 2016

Wow, did you need to be brainwashed by the MSM or did your hatred of people worse of than yourself enable you to swallow that BS first time?

Also the SNP have taken over the Labour benches as they say they are the real opposition now that Labour are voting with the tories

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33618323

SNP MPs have staged a Commons takeover of the Labour opposition benches, as they sought to push their case as the "real opposition" to the Conservatives.

The nationalists said voters who did not back the Tories at the general election deserved better than Labour's refusal to oppose the Budget.

Earlier, the SNP said Labour would pay heavily for not opposing planned welfare cuts in greater numbers.

The takeover came during a debate on Tuesday evening on the Finance Bill.

The SNP occupied the frontbench normally reserved for the official opposition. Its party members also spilled onto the second and third rows.

Raising a point of order in the House of Commons chamber, SNP MP Angus MacNeil joked that, if the furniture could not be rearranged, the parties should change the seating so the "actual opposition sits in the right place".