Hibernian V Aberdeen (2 - 0)

Disappointing, we should be capable of beating 2nd tier teams, but credit to hivs.

On the positive side, if there is one, maybe this will be a boot up the arse meaning we can wring a few more games out of our league run.

And maybe it will be a boost to hivs meaning they can push on and overtake the despicable glasgow "rangers" in their league.

Although the cups are still our best shot at silverware, I am more concerned with the injuries than with the result.

Disappointing, we should be capable of beating 2nd tier teams, but credit to hivs.

On the positive side, if there is one, maybe this will be a boot up the arse meaning we can wring a few more games out of our league run.

And maybe it will be a boost to hivs meaning they can push on and overtake the despicable glasgow "rangers" in their league.

Although the cups are still our best shot at silverware, I am more concerned with the injuries than with the result.

You're right.

Saturday is still the bigger game.

Logan's defending for the second goal was diabolical.

Actually all THREE "chasers" were at fault but watch it again & watch McLean. He fkn practically stops & gives up. At very least he should be sprinting back past them (as Logan slows the boy) so Logan is no longer the last man & can make a tackle. Logan was poor but McLean could have made his life easier there but left him in the shit.

Harsh to JUST blame Logan on that one. Especially against a guy that's fresh on the park.

The away support last night was large in number but dreadful, people moaning non-stop and no noise at all.

Generally a bad night for the Dons.

Even in the pubs before it was quiet, never a good sign, busy in numbers but no singing, no positive vibe. Get to the stadium and it's even worse, no singing, a lot of folk sitting down awaiting something happening. Sometimes you need to get behind the team and I would say a cup tie is one of those circumstances. Games like Motherwell away when we went down to 10 in the cup a few years back, the fans backed the team superbly. But last night it was awful.

Even in the pubs before it was quiet, never a good sign, busy in numbers but no singing, no positive vibe. Get to the stadium and it's even worse, no singing, a lot of folk sitting down awaiting something happening. Sometimes you need to get behind the team and I would say a cup tie is one of those circumstances. Games like Motherwell away when we went down to 10 in the cup a few years back, the fans backed the team superbly. But last night it was awful.

It wasn't all awful, I leered at the tidy steward for a considerable amount of time

Actually all THREE "chasers" were at fault but watch it again & watch McLean. He fkn practically stops & gives up. At very least he should be sprinting back past them (as Logan slows the boy) so Logan is no longer the last man & can make a tackle. Logan was poor but McLean could have made his life easier there but left him in the shit.

Harsh to JUST blame Logan on that one. Especially against a guy that's fresh on the park.

I've not watched it back yet but thought Logan should have done significantly better Ian.

Even at 1-0 down there was no big roar, everyone seemed nervous throughout the game and then dejected at 1-0, Quinn was trying to get the crowd going, which I liked but he shouldn't have to do that.

It wasn't all awful, I leered at the tidy steward for a considerable amount of time

She was f9, bet she had a lovely smell about her too

I honestly thought that we'd win 2-0 last night. However I was concerned about the lack of rest from our previous match - look how tired the players were against Hamilton and the display they provided as a result. Last nights outcome for me was due to insufficient time to recovery from the huge performance and effort from the Hearts game on the Sunday and the initial injuries to Shinnie and Flood. Irrespective Hibs didn't have much time to rest themselves and played very well last night and we can't take that away from them - it's just so disappointing to lose in the league cup when we possess such a strong side. It's never easy to take a loss like this but we need to regroup and move on.

Collectively, we have all mentioned the drop in Pawlett's performances - he looks like a Mackie, Young, Clark etc at the moment. The harsh reality is he is far too soft and doesn't have that mentality to be a champion. I actually think the underlining issue is he has had groin and hip injuries and appear to have affected his game - our team has continually progressed whereas unfortunately he has remained stagnant.

I'm quietly confident that last nights outcome will result in Aberdeen producing their best performances/ efforts in the scottish cup this season - potentially being the catalyst to finally and I'm in the belief we may now go on to win the scottish cup. #Blessing in disguise.

If there were signs that a team is destined to win the league, this is another one......

Probably an extra 3 games for Celtic, on top of the 6 they had already.

I'm sort of glad we lost last night on the basis that it was a distraction and this team is destined for bigger things than another League Cup win.

COYR.

Aye that's me.

Fits the problem?

No problem big guy - just curious. Was listening to your running commentary, and thought 'aye, this cunt this a AFC chatter'.

I'm sure I was sitting in front of that boy last night. Had a snapback on?

Apologies - showing my age maybe, but no fucking clue what a snapback is. It was right against the back wall (row s) seat 130ish ( left hand side of the stand).

I've not watched it back yet but thought Logan should have done significantly better Ian.

Logan certainly could & should have done better but harsh to single him out when there was another two that tracked back (& had time to make a difference given Malongas time to switch directions twice) that could have made a difference. Especially McLean as he slows to a jog, then gives a wee burst & then slows again. You should take a wee look at it John.

Guest milne_afc

well, easy to say that now

meant enough to us 2 years ago....

id agree in principle though, we have won that recently

Scottish cup would be great (but, if we get knocked out by hibs in league cup, how can we be confident about Scottish cup)

league would be dreamland

It can be easier to progress in the Scottish Cup. You can make it all the way to the semi stage without having to play a top division side.

Focus on the league would be my preference. It's winnable.

It can be easier to progress in the Scottish Cup. You can make it all the way to the semi stage without having to play a top division side.

Focus on the league would be my preference. It's winnable.

Fair enough....except we lost in the League Cup to a side who are not in the top division.

Anyway, life goes on. If we had to get a shit performance out of the system in September that was maybe the time to do it. As I said before, I`d rather have lost to Hibs last night than Celtic or Hearts in the league.

Plus, we should not forget the sheer brilliance produced in the first half at Tynecastle only a few days ago.

Fuckin hibs tinks.

Gan to join the ranks of fuck knows what sort of arrangement of a team that defaulted to last night.

All very well making excuses but losing 2-zip to that bunch of losers is just not acceptable.

What the fuck is going on and why does Barry Robson not get used at all. The guy has a cracking left foot, good experience and he canna half ping a pass at times.

Fucked if I know.

By the way , the crack on here is fuckin brilliant people!

• Upvote 2