Holiday Thread 2012

zander

I've been all inclusive once in the past, it was okay - but as you say I wouldn't do it all the time. For the purpose of this holiday - absolutely want to be all inclusive, it's a relaxing 2 week break. Winner in my eyes!

I was all inclusive for the first time over New Year, was great. Still went out and about and looked around the island etc though. Nae mutually exclusive.

we did the sun for our honeymoon, so things are a bit tight now.

just a short break but we've never been so should be fun, ken.

I'm beginning to think you're having me on now :itch-chin:

Going to Kenya for a 7 day safari and then Zanzibar for 4 nights all inclusive as my honeymoon. Also got my stag doo to Manchester over Grand National weekend.

Watch oot for the pirates! :pirate:

Going to Kenya for a 7 day safari and then Zanzibar for 4 nights all inclusive as my honeymoon. Also got my stag doo to Manchester over Grand National weekend.

zanzibar is ace.

we were there a good few years ago now, and it was relativlet unspoilt. truely bveautiful place, a tropical paradise.

if you can, try and get a night at emerson and green hotel in stonetown. cool place and tehy do a rooftop meal with belly dancving and all that middle eastern rubbish.

Watch oot for the pirates! :pirate:

I'll watch out for the scurvy dogs. Don't need to worry too much in Kenya, going to the Masai Mara.

zanzibar is ace.

we were there a good few years ago now, and it was relativlet unspoilt. truely bveautiful place, a tropical paradise.

if you can, try and get a night at emerson and green hotel in stonetown. cool place and tehy do a rooftop meal with belly dancving and all that middle eastern rubbish.

I'll keep that in mind. Had a mate tell me that they have some of the best beaches in the world there.

I'll keep that in mind. Had a mate tell me that they have some of the best beaches in the world there.

well it was 7 years ago that i was there os it is maybe a bit more developed than back then but probably not too much though.

look arount. try ATR african travel resources. we got a couple of places on two beaches that were nigh on deserted.

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/maldives-holidays/north-male-atoll/chaaya-island-dhonveli/

http://www.chaayamaldives.com/accommodation.cfm?ghid=261089&grid=51248&grdr=37931

Staying there.

Alcoholic beverages served from 10am - midnight, just perfect - watch the football and relax on the veranda (sp?) - it will not get much better than that in my opinion.

Nice! Looks smart..... always fancied the Maldives. Think I'll wait though till the kids don't want to come on holiday with us anymore though.

Iv'e got flights to Cyprus sorted, just the villa to organise.

Maldives is a place you only go for a honeymoon - well I see it that way anyways.

2 weeks of chilling in the water villa watching Euro 2012 with a free minibar which is stocked up on everyday.

Absolutely perfect in my eyes.

You need to factor in the time difference though for the footy as I've been caught out before when abroad.

Earliest games for you will be the early kick offs in Ukraine which will start at 10pm Maldives time.

For the late games in Poland they won't start till 1:45am.

You'll need to think of something to keep you busy till then, oh hang, on forget that it's your Honeymoon and you've also got a free bar. :thumbs:

Only thing I've got planned is a trip to Italy in June, again at the time of the Euros.

I did think of that, I however didn't think the games were that late - so my Maldives clock worker out was wrong. Meh never mind.

I'll still watch the majority of the matches, so it doesn't bother me. I can go to bed at 4am and still be up at 7 in the morning, doesn't bother me. Nap during the day after a few pints, sorted.

Chances are because of the timings you'll get the games "as live" the following mornings, so long lie, footy with beer before heading out to lie in the sun and more beer...

Just back from the first leg of my summer holidays - Southern WA, attended a music festival, headlined by the Arctic Monkeys, spend some time in the wine region of Margaret River and the rest of the time chilling out on the beach! The shark alarm went off a couple of days ago and the water was evacuated! A surreal experience... apparently a three metre shark was spotted 100m from the beach!

Off to the first day of the Australia vs India Test match @ the WACA tomorrow... then a week tomorrow, I'm heading to Melbourne to lend my support to Andy Murray! He'd better not get knocked out early!

Was planning a two week trip to the USA in March. New York for 6 days, then Austin for 3 days during SXSW and then San Fran for a few more.

Unlikely to happen now as I've yet to gear my arse in gear in terms of booking it. Instead the money for that will likely be added to my 'move back to Australia' pot, but that is hugely depending on a circumstances in Aberdeen.