Predictions for this season

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's like saying the bottom 6 of the spl is the same standard as the top 6 after the split because it's the same clubs.  Of course it's not. 

It’s nothing like that at all.

If I’ve got time or the inclination later on, I’ll show the teams competing this year in the ECL versus the EL last year.

Your assumption that the ECL will be easier is off (in my opinion)

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s nothing like that at all.

If I’ve got time or the inclination later on, I’ll show the teams competing this year in the ECL versus the EL last year.

Your assumption that the ECL will be easier is off (in my opinion)

FFS min. The Europa is a superior competition to the Conference just like the Champions league is a superior competition to the Europa. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

FFS min. The Europa is a superior competition to the Conference just like the Champions league is a superior competition to the Europa. 

The ECL qualifying rounds are not easier as a result. The same quality and seceding of teams are in the draws that we had in the last 8 seasons.

I said we have to agree to disagree but you keep pushing.

Yes, the EVL is the third tier of Europe now, but the teams in the draw were the same teams that were in the EL for the last 8 seasons.

This year the draw has been kinder to us than in any other of the last 8 seasons

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The ECL qualifying rounds are not easier as a result. The same quality and seceding of teams are in the draws that we had in the last 8 seasons.

I said we have to agree to disagree but you keep pushing.

Yes, the EVL is the third tier of Europe now, but the teams in the draw were the same teams that were in the EL for the last 8 seasons.

This year the draw has been kinder to us than in any other of the last 8 seasons

The draw hasn't been kinder to us. 

The better teams in general are playing to qualify for the Europa League so don't need to play qualifiers in the conference league. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thats pure, unadulterated shite that

It's a lower level tournament and it shows with the difference in thr teams we have had

Which teams are in the ELC that were not ECL or EL in recent seasons? (See below). Our draw for Breidablik was the 2nd lowest QR2 seed. In our pot for the PO round, we drew the lowest rank sides of those available.

Seeded clubs                   coef.             Unseeded clubs                 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
AS Roma                  Ita  90.000             Molde FK **              Nor  17.000
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  88.000             Anorthosis / Rapid Wien &3     5.550 - 17.000
FC Basel **              Sui  49.000             Johnstone / Galatasaray &3     6.675 - 17.000
FC København **          Den  43.500             Union Berlin             Ger  14.714
Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  33.500             Rosenborg BK **          Nor  14.000
AA Gent **               Bel  26.500             NK Rijeka **             Cro  13.500
Anderlecht *3            Bel  25.000             Dundalk *                Irl  10.500
FK Astana **             Kaz  22.500             Paços de Ferreira *3     Por   9.709
LASK *3                  Aut  21.000             CD Santa Clara **        Por   9.709
Feyenoord **             Ned  21.000             CSKA Sofia **            Bul   8.000
Qarabag FK **            Azb  21.000             Rubin Kazan *3           Rus   7.676
Maccabi Tel-Aviv **      Isr  20.500             Aberdeen **              Sco   7.500
PAOK Thessaloniki *3     Gre  20.000             Kolos Kovalivka *3       Ukr   6.620
Stade Rennais            Fra  19.000             Sivasspor **             Tur   6.020
Partizan Belgrade **     Srb  18.000             Cukaricki Belgrade **    Srb   5.350
Hapoel Beer-Sheva **     Isr  17.500             IF Elfsborg *            Swe   4.100
Jablonec / Celtic &3           7.000 - 34.000    Tobol Kustanai **        Kaz   3.125
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Which teams are in the ECL that were not ECL or EL in recent seasons? (See below). Our draw for Breidablik was the 2nd lowest QR2 seed. In our pot for the PO round, we drew the lowest rank sides of those available.

Seeded clubs                   coef.             Unseeded clubs                 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
AS Roma                  Ita  90.000             Molde FK **              Nor  17.000
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  88.000             Anorthosis / Rapid Wien &3     5.550 - 17.000
FC Basel **              Sui  49.000             Johnstone / Galatasaray &3     6.675 - 17.000
FC København **          Den  43.500             Union Berlin             Ger  14.714
Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  33.500             Rosenborg BK **          Nor  14.000
AA Gent **               Bel  26.500             NK Rijeka **             Cro  13.500
Anderlecht *3            Bel  25.000             Dundalk *                Irl  10.500
FK Astana **             Kaz  22.500             Paços de Ferreira *3     Por   9.709
LASK *3                  Aut  21.000             CD Santa Clara **        Por   9.709
Feyenoord **             Ned  21.000             CSKA Sofia **            Bul   8.000
Qarabag FK **            Azb  21.000             Rubin Kazan *3           Rus   7.676
Maccabi Tel-Aviv **      Isr  20.500             Aberdeen **              Sco   7.500
PAOK Thessaloniki *3     Gre  20.000             Kolos Kovalivka *3       Ukr   6.620
Stade Rennais            Fra  19.000             Sivasspor **             Tur   6.020
Partizan Belgrade **     Srb  18.000             Cukaricki Belgrade **    Srb   5.350
Hapoel Beer-Sheva **     Isr  17.500             IF Elfsborg *            Swe   4.100
Jablonec / Celtic &3           7.000 - 34.000    Tobol Kustanai **        Kaz   3.125

You're missing the point though min. 

Nobody is saying that the pool of teams across the  Europa and the conference isn't similar to the pool that was in the Europa last year. 

We're saying that the better teams will end up in the Europa and some of those teams will not play any conference qualifiers at all as they will have qualified for the superior competition and won't need a parachute down to the Conference. 

Therefore, the conference pool is generally a diluted version of last year's Europa. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're missing the point though min. 

Nobody is saying that the pool of teams across the  Europa and the conference isn't similar to the pool that was in the Europa last year. 

We're saying that the better teams will end up in the Europa and some of those teams will not play any conference qualifiers at all as they will have qualified for the superior competition and won't need a parachute down to the Conference. 

Therefore, the conference pool is generally a diluted version of last year's Europa. 

I believe you are missing the point I’m making.

You’ve agreed that the pool of the teams are the same as last year and generically the last 8 years. It’s the same pool of teams that McInness’s teams were up against.

The difference this year is that we never drew a team like Breidabliks level in QR3 previously, and our PO draw was the best option that we could have pulled.

Would you have preferred to have drawn Spurs in the PO round?

Therefore (my point) is that our draw for QR3 and the PO round have given us the best opportunity to progress against the same pool of teams.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I believe you are missing the point I’m making.

You’ve agreed that the pool of the teams are the same as last year and generically the last 8 years. It’s the same pool of teams that McInness’s teams were up against.

The difference this year is that we never drew a team like Breidabliks level in QR3 previously, and our PO draw was the best option that we could have pulled.

Would you have preferred to have drawn Spurs in the PO round?

Therefore (my point) is that our draw for QR3 and the PO round have given us the best opportunity to progress against the same pool of teams.

This is my last post. 

Our draw is easier because there were less good teams in the draw overall meaning the odds of drawing a top team were less. 

Because we are in the third tier competition. 

Have a good weekend 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is my last post. 

Our draw is easier because there were less good teams in the draw overall meaning the odds of drawing a top team were less. 

Because we are in the third tier competition. 

Have a good weekend 

Nope, the draw is not easier because there are less teams.

Let me put this another way, the EL last season was the bottom tier of European football competition, as is this years ECL. The ECL is effectively the same as the EL last year. You’ve been duped into thinking that by adding another tier below it is somehow of lower quality, it is not.

The EL this year I has less qualification rounds as a result of fewer teams, who all dropped into the ECL.

EL QR3 this year comprises of three ties from the nations ranked 13-15, with their opponents being CL drop outs. Laughably, the seeded sides end up playing higher seeds CL drop outs

FK Jablonec              Cze   7.000             Celtic @2                Sco  34.000
St. Johnstone            Sco   6.675             Rapid Wien @2            Aut  17.000
Anorthosis Famagusta     Cyp   5.550             Galatasaray @2           Tur  17.000

Essentially the new EL tier is a safeguarding for more CL teams that drop out. They’d have been better calling it a Champions League 2.

There are no teams in the New EL from nations below ranked 15 (with the exception of this year given there was no ECL winner, it went to the nation ranked 16th)

The EL is not the same as last year, there is not the same qualification process, all that transferred to the ECL.

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nope, the draw is not easier because there are less teams.

Let me put this another way, the EL last season was the bottom tier of European football competition, as is this years ECL. The ECL is effectively the same as the EL last year. You’ve been duped into thinking that by adding another tier below it is somehow of lower quality, it is not.

The EL this year I has less qualification rounds as a result of fewer teams, who all dropped into the ECL.

EL QR3 this year comprises of three ties from the nations ranked 13-15, with their opponents being CL drop outs. Laughably, the seeded sides end up playing higher seeds CL drop outs

FK Jablonec              Cze   7.000             Celtic @2                Sco  34.000
St. Johnstone            Sco   6.675             Rapid Wien @2            Aut  17.000
Anorthosis Famagusta     Cyp   5.550             Galatasaray @2           Tur  17.000

Essentially the new EL tier is a safeguarding for more CL teams that drop out. They’d have been better calling it a Champions League 2.

There are no teams in the New EL from nations below ranked 15 (with the exception of this year given there was no ECL winner, it went to the nation ranked 16th)

The EL is not the same as last year, there is not the same qualification process, all that transferred to the ECL.

No. 

The better teams in the Europa League will qualify through to the Europa League groups and will never see a conference game.  Some of those teams will be teams that we could have drawn last season. 

Some of the teams who lose will drop into the conference qualifiers.  Therefore they will be lesser teams than the teams that have beaten them. 

In the years gone by, the draw has not been a kind to us, we’ve drawn relatively the better sides, whilst this year, we have drawn relatively easier sides

For the PO draw, our seeded pot included

Qarabağ (AZE) - 21.00
Basel (SUI) - 49.00
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) - 33.5
Tottenham (ENG) - 88.00

we drew the lowest seeded side 

For the QR3 round, we drew the team that was 2nd lowest in QR2

FC Basel                 Sui  49.000             Servette FC Genève       Sui   5.245
FC København             Den  43.500             Aris Thessaloniki        Gre   5.200
Viktoria Plzen           Cze  33.500             KuPS Kuopio *            Fin   5.000
AA Gent                  Bel  26.500             Dynamo Brest             Bls   5.000
FK Astana                Kaz  22.500             DAC Dunajska Streda      Svk   5.000
Feyenoord                Ned  21.000             FH Hafnarfjardar *       Isl   5.000
Qarabag FK               Azb  21.000             MS Ashdod                Isr   4.875
FCSB                     Rom  21.000             Sutjeska Niksic *        Mon   4.750
Maccabi Tel-Aviv         Isr  20.500             FC Santa Coloma *        And   4.500
AEK Athens               Gre  19.500             Partizani Tirana *       Alb   4.250
Partizan Belgrade        Srb  18.000             Vålerengens IF           Nor   4.200
Hapoel Beer-Sheva        Isr  17.500             Hammarby IF              Swe   4.100
BATE Borisov             Bls  17.500             BK Häcken                Swe   4.100
Molde FK                 Nor  17.000             IF Elfsborg              Swe   4.100
Rosenborg BK             Nor  14.000             Lokomotiv Plovdiv        Bul   4.075
NK Maribor *             Slo  14.000             Arda Kardzhali           Bul   4.075
NK Rijeka                Cro  13.500             KF Laçi *                Alb   4.000
Apollon Limassol         Cyp  13.500             Kauno Zalgiris *         Lit  (4.000)
Ararat Yerevan *         Arm (11.500)            FK Liepaja *             Lat   4.000
Dundalk *                Irl  10.500             Levadia Tallinn *        Est   3.750
Austria Wien             Aut  10.000             Sepsi OSK                Rom   3.640
CD Santa Clara           Por   9.709             FC Drita *               Kos   3.500
Suduva Marijampole *     Lit   8.750             Kesla FK                 Azb   3.375
CSKA Sofia               Bul   8.000             Sumgayit FK              Azb   3.375
Hajduk Split             Cro   8.000             Birkirkara *             Mlt  (3.250)
F91 Dudelange            Lux   8.000             Bohemians Dublin *       Irl  (3.250)
FC Sochi                 Rus   7.676             Tobol Kustanai           Kaz   3.125
Aberdeen                 Sco   7.500             Shakhtyor Karaganda      Kaz   3.125
The New Saints *         Wal   7.500             Puskás Akadémia *        Hun   3.100
Spartak Trnava *         Svk   7.500             Újpest TE                Hun   3.100
Olimpija Ljubljana       Slo   6.750             Torpedo Zhodino          Bls   3.050
Hibernian                Sco   6.675             Raków Czestochowa        Pol   3.025
Vorskla Poltava          Ukr   6.620             Pogon Szczecin           Pol   3.025
Milsami Orhei *          Mol  (6.250)            Slask Wroclaw *          Pol   3.025
Sivasspor                Tur   6.020             FK Shkupi *              Mac   3.000
NK Osijek                Cro   6.000             Petrocub Hîncesti *      Mol   3.000
Universitatea Craiova    Rom   6.000             Honka Espoo *            Fin  (3.000)
AGF Aarhus               Den   5.575             Velez Mostar *           Bos  (2.750)
AEL Limassol             Cyp   5.550             Dinamo Batumi *          Geo  (2.750)
FC Vaduz                 Lie   5.500             Vllaznia Shkodër *       Alb  (2.750)
NK Domzale *             Slo   5.500             MSK Zilina *             Svk   2.725
Vojvodina Novi Sad       Srb   5.350             Larne FC *               Nir  (2.500)
Cukaricki Belgrade       Srb   5.350             Gzira United *           Mlt   2.500
1.FC Slovácko            Cze   5.320             Breidablik *             Isl   2.250
RFS Riga *               Lat  (5.250)            FK Panevezys             Lit   1.750

The draw has been kind to us for both rounds, regardless of the quality of teams  in this competition, and who incidentally are all CL and EL regulars during the McInness era.

I therefore think this is our best opportunity to progress and would anticipate that the coming seasons will not find ourselves as fortunate as we have been

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It doesn't matter how many ways you try and twist it. 

The majority of teams in the Europa League groups will be much better teams than those that are in the conference league groups. 

And will get paid more as a result. 

Because its a higher level competition. 

Agreed, because they’ve limited that competition to only the top 15 nations. The EL is a higher competition, but the ECL is effectively last years EL.

Villarreal won last years EL, beating Man Utd.

I fully expect the ECL will be won by a CL dropout as well

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It doesn't matter how many ways you try and twist it. 

The majority of teams in the Europa League groups will be much better teams than those that are in the conference league groups. 

And will get paid more as a result. 

Nobody is arguing this years EL groups will be on average a high level, that’s not the point we are debating.

I was making the point that the qualification process of this years ECL, is effectively the same ad]s last years EL and that our draw this year has been kinder than in previous years

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nobody is arguing this years EL groups will be on average a high level, that’s not the point we are debating.

I was making the point that the qualification process of this years ECL, is effectively the same ad]s last years EL and that our draw this year has been kinder than in previous years

You created a debate that didn't need to exist. 

The Europa is a higher level competition than the Conference was what was stated hours ago. 

Pages of spreadsheets later this remains unchanged. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You created a debate that didn't need to exist. 

The Europa is a higher level competition than the Conference was what was stated hours ago. 

Pages of spreadsheets later this remains unchanged. 

I never argued that this season EL is higher than the ECL. The EL is different this year.

My point is that the ECL is effectively same as the previous EL and we have had more fortuitous draws this year.

I’ve said it a number of ways and I think you’re now getting it and trying to change your point.

Ive said enough, so am now out.

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I never argued that this season EL is higher than the ECL. The EL is different this year.

My point is that the ECL is effectively same as the previous EL and we have had more fortuitous draws this year.

I’ve said it a number of ways and I think you’re now getting it and trying to change your point.

Ive said enough, so am now out.

No. 

The conference this year is still a lesser competition than last year's Europa. 

Plenty of champions league drop outs in the Europa last year. 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

In the years gone by, the draw has not been a kind to us, we’ve drawn relatively the better sides, whilst this year, we have drawn relatively easier sides

Relatively?

we’ve gone from drawing teams from the biggest leagues in the world and champions league regular to drawing a team from iceland who play at a ground like banks o dee

42 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye, nothing like joining up on hackens forum and being this slimy creep, "hey guys, let's be friends, I can answer questions you may have,  yeah man,  peace!!"

C

R

I

N

E

Making up bollox again.

United winning today has brought the worst out in you.

what are they saying on follow follow? We know you frequent there