Tv Series

They said straight after there will be a new series.  

And of course they will as they will now have the lead to chase from the video of Dot's death, somehow picked up years after the event even though I am sure it was watched 100s of times before.

Ok Sherlock.

I feel you have to take this show a bit less literally..

Enjoyed it again like I have enjoyed the others but have to agree that it seemed a daft sort of ending. Also think there wasn’t as many twists as normal either. There was no shock that Bigelloe was involved somehow and the copper at the end too was shady from the first time you saw her

Ok Sherlock.

I feel you have to take this show a bit less literally..

Just thought it was lazy writing.  A crap twist.

Arnott saw a still image of something that had been widely available for review in video form for a couple of years, and decided that H wasn't an initial anymore, it was something else.  

Too contrived for my liking.

I guess it is difficult to keep a story running, when you don't know how more series you are going to do, but I thought it was particularly poor writing to go down that route.  

Just thought it was lazy writing.  A crap twist.

Arnott saw a still image of something that had been widely available for review in video form for a couple of years, and decided that H wasn't an initial anymore, it was something else.  

Too contrived for my liking.

I guess it is difficult to keep a story running, when you don't know how more series you are going to do, but I thought it was particularly poor writing to go down that route.  

It reeks of TV execs demanding rewritten scripts to get more longevity out of the series.  In the end I didn't think any of the storylines had a satisfying payoff.  Gill doesn't give up anything yet gets put into witpro.  Why did Hasting's only hide half of the money?  He didn't know about Corbett.  Lisa's character was the most disappointing for me, what was even the point of her in the end?  If she'd been a long time informant, which would have explained the familiarity between her and Hasting's a couple of episodes ago, I'd have bought it.  In the end it just turned out to be piss poor acting or directing.

It was a turd of a season.

Highlight was Kate telling diet-Kate to piss off.

Agreed.  Pretty good series for 4 episodes, then all a bit crap after Corbett was killed.  

I know there are a few red herrings to be thrown about here and there, but why did we have McQueen a quivering wreck at two points during the series?

Mercurio gave this interview at some point:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a27332344/line-of-duty-season-5-episode-6-explained-jed-mercurio/

I thought it was an entertaining finale, if a bit silly at times.

Line of Duty has some cracking stuff, but as someone said above, you don't take it too seriously (point in question, Hastings gives up his fellow Freemason over the paedo ring, but in reality they are bound by oath not to go against another Mason) or you'll find holes in it.

Otherwise, it's exciting stuff, with twists and turns that bring something refreshing to the otherwise overplayed cop genre (NYPD Blue and The Shield are still my favourites).

It’s dire

Can someone give me a run down on what’s happening in Game of Thrones S8 (save me watching the cunt)

With pleasure.

The Simpsons called it 2 years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7027115/Game-Thrones-fans-left-speechless-Simpsons-predicts-future-AGAIN.html

Daenerys Targaryen and her last remaining dragon unexpectedly burned Kings Landing to the ground, killing thousands of innocent men, women and children in the process.

Finished Deutschland 86 recently, pretty good.  Expect a 3rd series to deal with the wall coming down.  Poor Lavinia Wilson at the end, getting dumped by yer man.

Not really enamoured by this series GoT, the episodes are too long = too  many adverts.  Also HBO are now making it up, as they have outstripped the books, so the story is not coming from same influence anymore (george martin).  Right enough, I liked the fight between the clegane brothers, sandor has always been one of my favourite characters.

The first episode of chernoble was very good, looking forward to more of that.  I read a bit about it since and amazing to think it was self inflicted by making an arse of a test.  Also surprised to learn that it only caused ~43 deaths all in, including 28 at the time of the emergency itself.  Given the notoriety it has, the reality is hardly the apocalypse which it is reputed to be.  Suspect a lot was made of it to demonise the USSR, plus the usual environmental hyperbole.

The first episode of chernoble was very good, looking forward to more of that. I read a bit about it since and amazing to think it was self inflicted by making an arse of a test. Also surprised to learn that it only caused ~43 deaths all in, including 28 at the time of the emergency itself. Given the notoriety it has, the reality is hardly the apocalypse which it is reputed to be. Suspect a lot was made of it to demonise the USSR, plus the usual environmental hyperbole.

Always been more of a Bhopal man myself, now THAT was a proper industrial disaster.

• Upvote 1

Always been more of a Bhopal man myself, now THAT was a proper industrial disaster.

Radiation >>> cyanide gas

It edges it on scare factor for me.

Right enough - Bhopal was on a different scale though.

Interesting to see union carbide/Dow are still arguing about culpability over it though. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

No the act of watching it son no - granted.

But the action within the actual show itself; the actors - well... That's octane as high as octane gets.

A bit odd that tbh - choosing to believe when I say high octane in this sort if regard, you think relative to me watching as opposed to the action within.

A wee door into your soul here son.

I knew what you meant, papa

I was being deliberately obtuse

It's my online persona