Where Are They Now

• Site Sponsor

Aluko about to sign for Reading from Fulham...

£7.5m

WTF

It seems that once a player has appeared at an EPL Club at some stage in his career, the starting price for subsequent moves ends in "millions".

Guffy fitba has gone absolutely crazy.

£7.5m for someone like Aluko who has a propensity to have a bairny attitude.

Nae real.

World's gone mad

That is absolutely insane.

Contract even runs out next year - still they are paying 7.5m??!!

Something very dodgy going on there I think.

Or its just the fact prices down south seem to have almost doubled in value over the last year or so.

Average EPL players seem to be going for 15-20m now which will have a knock on effect to average Championship players.

Aluko's floated about the Championship with Hull and Fulham the last few seasons doing nothing really of note. You'd think someone like Shinnie would be able to hold down a place in the middle of the park of a top end Championship team and be more valuable over the years than Aluko. Just a pity they aren't throwing the same transfer fee's up this way yet.

Reading Fc accounts for 15/16

Total financial loss of £15.03m, a decrease in over £17m from 2014/15 (£2.6m profit).

Total club debt stands at £73m up £6m.

Revenue down £9.2m to £25.8m.

Media revenue decreased £10.3m largely due to a fall in Premier League parachute payments.

Salary costs decreased £2.5m to £30.8m.

Number of players remained at 56 - coaching staff dropped by 42.

Salary costs represent 119% of turnover - an increase of 24%.

I'm so bored of these fucking stupid clubs

When asked exactly why he left Scottish footballs second-best team, he said: I thought with the season Celtic had and the way they were strengthening it was always going to be difficult to pip them to first place.

We came runners-up to them three times this year and it was disappointing.

We came close on the last day of the season, but they scored in near enough the 90th minute and it made me think.

He added: To get closer to home as well was a big thing because Ive got a young family now and I want my family around me now for the little one.

A new and exciting challenge was the best thing for me.

Wonder how McInnes feels about the bairn being so far away.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

How can we have a sell on clause? We never even sold the lad in the first place.

It's some sort of association training compensation. Any player that spent time with a club up to and including their 23rd birthday entitles that club to a % of all future fees paid for that player.

Nah, I understand the point you were trying to make, just that it's not a fucking 'sell on clause'. It's a standard solidarity payment. As someone else said, even the huns get something.

Nope, the huns and ourselves get nothing. For some reason the FIFA solidarity compensation only applies to cross-border transfers.

I wonder what they'll end up paying Celtic for him (transfer fee or loan payment) compared to the pittance they were offering us before

If this happens then Hayes will feel like a right mug. He was taken in by all of Brendan's wee end of game handshakes, hugs and quiet words in the ear. Thought he was rated but all it was was a way of weakening us.

• Downvote 1

If this happens then Hayes will feel like a right mug. He was taken in by all of Brendan's wee end of game handshakes, hugs and quiet words in the ear. Thought he was rated but all it was was a way of weakening us.

Why would they loan us Christie and sell us GMS if they were willing to spunk £1.3m to "weaken us".

They didn't expect to get Roberts again this season. Now they have there is even less chance of Hayes getting a look in.

• Upvote 1

If his intention was to weaken us he made a right of cunt of it! Jonny also made sure we didn't get fucked over, relatively speaking, by signing a contract extension (take note you turn coat hun bastard).

Rodgers needed players to guarantee CL competition and, it would appear, to give him back up whilst Griffiths/Sinclair/Dembele was recovering from injury. He also needed a stop gap since it required the group stages to attract Roberts back. He got all those things but they don't affect us per se. The only impact on us would have been if there had been an us/them fixture in the interim period but you can hardly blame Rodgers for that.

It'll be an interesting move though. We all know how explosive he can be so "a celtic quality player*" deemed good enough to play in England could lead to an onwards sale if he catches someone's eye. £10m for Snodgrass FFS! But equally he could pull his hammy or just generally be shit first game out and never be seen or heard of again. Shame.

* i.e. coming from a club they will admit to having heard of.