Anthony O'connor.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely incredible he has an option to stay

I am often very half glass full with Dons players. I'm the kind of guy that will find the positives in Jamie Langfield, thought Ash Taylor was one of the better defenders we've had in the last 10 years and would not have driven Kenny McLean to Ibrox.

But O'Connor I really can't stand. He's absolutely horrendous. Whether he's in defense or midfield he is a bombscare. Why does he play every week...

• Upvote 1

In the EE today saying that he will make up his mind at the end of the season whether he will stay or go. A petition telling him to gtf is in order.

Don't normally advocate publicly booing or criticising our players, but supporters should make it known that we don't want him to sign the new contract. We are going to be heading back down the table, if this is quality of player we're looking to sign-up.

As BBB says, utterly incredible he has the option to stay longer. Presumably he's waiting to see if something better comes up for him down south ... I think we're all praying someone else (God help them) comes in for him!

Absolutely incredible he has an option to stay

The article doesn't say he has an option to stay.

Contract discussions were mentioned but no mention of a contract on the table.

McInnes will have telt him he is surplus to requirements for next season, but he's not gonna throw him under the bus by announcing this to the world, especially whilst he's still playing for the Dons.

The article doesn't say he has an option to stay.

Contract discussions were mentioned but no mention of a contract on the table.

McInnes will have telt him he is surplus to requirements for next season, but he's not gonna throw him under the bus by announcing this to the world, especially whilst he's still playing for the Dons.

Wish you'd have told me that before I wet the bed!

... slightly worrying that he gets in the team every week. Doesn't really suggest he's player who's 'surplus to requirements.'

Wish you'd have told me that before I wet the bed!

... slightly worrying that he gets in the team every week. Doesn't really suggest he's player who's 'surplus to requirements.'

Yeah it is worrying he's in the team and I could be wrong and he may well have a bumper contract on the table.

But he's in the team because McInnes can't sign replacements until the summer. And presumably couldn't sign a replacement in Jan because O'Connors wage wasn't freed up.

And he has already signed Devlin but he's still not back yet.

Thing I'll say about O'conor & Considine is that neither are bottle jobs.

Both are shite but consistently give 3/10 performances.

This 3/10-ness only comes to the fore against better sides.

For McInnes in a way they both represent only the risk of being exposed as shite - that they are shite is already fully apparent.

Stick Arnason on and he could put in anywhere from a 8/10 performance to a 3/10.

That is real risk.

• Upvote 1

Thing I'll say about O'conor & Considine is that neither are bottle jobs.

Both are shite but consistently give 3/10 performances.

This 3/10-ness only comes to the fore against better sides.

For McInnes in a way they both represent only the risk of being exposed as shite - that they are shite is already fully apparent.

Stick Arnason on and he could put in anywhere from a 8/10 performance to a 3/10.

That is real risk.

How is it a risk to play a player who will give "anywhere from a 8/10-3/10 performance" over a player who will guarantee you a 3/10? Surely there's only an upside there.

Some pish.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How is it a risk to play a player who will give "anywhere from a 8/10-3/10 performance" over a player who will guarantee you a 3/10? Surely there's only an upside there.

Some pish.

It relates to how much responsibility you can assign to an individual player and concurrently how much responsibility needs to be assigned to those around them either as coverage or freedoms.

With a consistent player either good or bad, the boundaries are clearly defined. He can do A & B but needs support to do C & D.

If the players consistency fluctuates it can be difficult to gage how much responsibility/ support to assign.

Des for Captain

Contract talks pending. An important one this - ant must stay.

Would certainly like to see more of him in a red top.

Some great defending in the last game but he's also capable of turning in a posh performance.

Room to improve but he looks like He's got the capability to do so

O'Connor > Any of the other options.

Away to fuck if you're blaming him

AOC alongside Arnason from the first whistle and we have a settled central pairing, simple as that

I think O'Connor's as much the reason our defence has tightened up as Arnie and McKenna are. Doesn't contribute as much going forward as Shinnie does, but the 3 of them definitely has us far more solid and difficult to get through.

Generally he's quite good on the ball for a defender I think. And he's far less prone to errors than Taylor, Reynolds of the last few seasons.

Lol

• Downvote 1

His "I'll decide at the end of the season" chat in the EE is basically I'm off... Whether of his own volition, or he's been told he's not getting what he thinks he's worth...

I don't know.

He's still young but if he wants to get into coaching later on I think he'll stay for less wages and less chance of getting in the first team. On the plus side he gets the time to do his badges and work in a place where his seniority will be respected.

If he still wants to play and still sees value in himself to do that then he'll be off.

I don't know.

He's still young but if he wants to get into coaching later on I think he'll stay for less wages and less chance of getting in the first team. On the plus side he gets the time to do his badges and work in a place where his seniority will be respected.

If he still wants to play and still sees value in himself to do that then he'll be off.

You do post some very bizarre stuff on here...

I don't know.

My word...

I don't know.

Deary me. What were your thought processes behind this statement?

Knocked me for 6 that much I posted it twice.

His "I'll decide at the end of the season" chat in the EE is basically I'm off... Whether of his own volition, or he's been told he's not getting what he thinks he's worth...

The decision shouldn't even be his to make.

It should already be decided.

Him & Ball can share the same taxi.

• Upvote 1