Scott Wright

Really?

Seem NOTHING ,no?

No I haven't, sorry to disappoint you.

Final ball is non existent and is easily muscled off the ball. Not saying he is complete lost cause but certainly doesn't deserve to be in the starting 11 at the moment.

Anyway, you rated Langfield so that tells me all I need to know about your eye for a footballer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Wrights a good player with some learning clearly still to do, particularly learning how to perform to a level week to week.

Hes more than young enough to do that and really become the player the talent hints at.

Its back to the will and skill quote on the other thread really.

Weve seen the skill, now lets see the will.

Ps - people writing the lad off should calm the fuck down and just take a bit of time, players cant all be judged on a handful of games, wed never have anyone decent in the team with that approach.

Think People are being a bit harsh on Wright here.

He played very well against Hamilton and again at Partick at the start of the season but as their has been a lot of squad rotation since then he hasn't really had a run of regular games so he has probably lost a little bit of confidence. Yes he had a poor game against the huns but he was far from the only one.

Also, comparisons to Ryan Fraser are a little unfair. I remember a game against Killie at Pittodrie just before that summer break in 2012 which Jamie Masson scored and won man of the match before Ryan Fraser came on for him late in the game in which anyone looking at the game would have said Masson was the better of the 2 but 3 month after that there was no doubt about who was the better player. Fraser had played a few times as a sub between making his debut in 2010 to May 2012 where he showed himself to be full of passion and energy but it wasn't until he came back for pre season training ahead of the 2012-2013 season that he came back as a totally different player ready for the first team. He was running at people and beating them for fun, and nailed down a first team place with a run of consistent games and top form which was very unusual for a young player. I can only really think of Tierney at Celtic as a young player in Scotland who has done something similar in recent times.

Lets not be too harsh with the criticism of Scott when he has a bad game but lets not go over the top when he has a good game but encourage him to deliver those performances on a regular basis. He still has a lot to learn, has lots of improvements to make and needs to show consistency but there is undoubted talent & potential there . To say he has shown nothing and is vastly overated is a gross exaggeration.