Russell Signs For Another Year

He might be limited in terms of pace but he knows how to defend, and his timing in the tackle is the best you'll ever see in an AFC shirt.

Disagree - Willie Miller and Martin Buchan were both superior in that regard - though that is a very high standard to reach.

What poor run?

That's a myth, peddled by folk who know little or nothing about football.

He is the foundation upon which all our good results this season have been achieved.

Not been to many games this season? I would honestly say Andos errors have contributed to as much goals as Clangers this year.

The only difference is Clangers Is a twat Ando isn't.

• Downvote 2

Not been to many games this season? I would honestly say Andos errors have contributed to as much goals as Clangers this year.

The only difference is Clangers Is a twat Ando isn't.

Well I totally disagree with you.

Individual errors are made nationwide every week. Cahill had a shocker last night.

What Anderson brings to the team massively outweighs that.

His presence spreads calm in the back four, and he brings an assurance we were sorely lacking in recent years.

As Tup points out he's not the fastest but neither was Miller but the thing they all have in common is their reading of a game and positional sense and these attributes can certainly counteract fast attackers somewhat

Much as it pains me to admit it, David Weir was another.

If you know where to take up position, that can cover a host of other deficiencies.

For a centre half, pace is nowhere near the most important attribute.

Well I totally disagree with you.

Individual errors are made nationwide every week. Cahill had a shocker last night.

What Anderson brings to the team massively outweighs that.

His presence spreads calm in the back four, and he brings an assurance we were sorely lacking in recent years.

I'm a big fan of Ando don't get me wrong. But he has been a bit of a liability on more than one occasion this season and you don't expect that from Russell.

• Upvote 1