Afc: Opinion On League Reconstruction

Agreed, and that's why they are panicking bigtime now, they simply assumed they would be, and based their business model on that assumption.

This is also why they are continually lashing out at 'enemies'.

Definition of 'enemies' - people who question their right to cheat.

Fuck them.

Milne has criticised St Mirren for changing their minds on reconstruction and has said it is absolutely vital the 12-12-18 plan is passed.

Disgusted we are supporting this utterly ridiculous set up.

the new plan goes hand in hand with 11-1 vote staying for at least three years.

Milne is a fucktard

I've still to hear a decent argument as to why this 12-12-18 bollocks is the saving grace of Scottish Football.

Might be interesting for a season or so but the novelty would wear off quicker than female hun's hairline.

Money situation must be pretty pants if Milne's so desperate to change this, but how does it benefit the league more financially? It'll be money driven guaranteed, what else? Be good if they'd explain how.

I don't understand why the clubs are buying into this big mish mash vote. All or nothing. Why?

Why can't it be - like in most sensible organisations - let's vote on the items individually.

To have a single controlling authority

Yes? What the structure of that authority will be.

What the voting rights will be.

And then...

What the league structures will be.

Why does it have to be all or nothing, other than to blackmail clubs that if they don't go through with this they won't have ANY change?

Oh that's right. I said it. Because it's blackmail.

Really hate the way the game is run in Scotland. It's absolutely terrible that they're still pulling this shit a year on from the crap with the Huns.

Someone should tell Milne that black shirt looks fu*king ridiculous ...My father in law and brother in law are big St Mirren fans who speak highly of the boy Gilmour ...pity I can never say a good word about our Chairman...he's a prick of the highest order...an embarrassment to the club.

So if I read that right the status quo is going to mean less money (''increasing challenges'') presumably because of meaningless fixtures (in the absence of any other reason - like Doncaster promising Sky old firm games from august for instance). So the much better option is for the reconstruction proposal which involves the top 12 clubs (ie us) giving the next 12 clubs more money, which we don't have. However on the plus side we are relatively unaffected only due to our current ambitious strategy of coming 8th rather than 9th. Do I get that right?

Oh, and rejoice, there is no plan B

Have to laugh at Stewart Milne telling clubs who are debt free and have won trophies (since he came in - in 1997) how to run a football club and what is best for them

And telling St Mirren talks should only be done at meetings and not done through media. Says this in his own media release!!

The man who has practically destroyed Aberdeen financially is getting a say on how Scottish football can move forward financially - its fuckin ludicrous. Every time i hear him talk or read what he has said or done it just drives me further away from AFC.

Agree with him when he casts aside a larger league.

are there any other countries that see their teams play each other four times a season?

Doesnt really matter, but ...12 teams in Danish league. 12 in Finnish. 10 in Swiss. 10 in Austrian. Although 16 in Belgian Swedish and Norweigian.

Agree with him when he casts aside a larger league.

are there any other countries that see their teams play each other four times a season?

Doesnt really matter, but ...12 teams in Danish league. 12 in Finnish. 10 in Swiss. 10 in Austrian. Although 16 in Belgian Swedish and Norweigian.

I assume they play each other four times each yes?

just curious to see if the meaningless matches argument stacks up.