Osborne Signs For Partick

I think McInnes was just being nice...

He'd been on the injured list more than off it with us and he was probably one of the top earners in the club so best to let him go and take in Flood or Robson or Zola or whoever else got his wage.

Good luck to him.

That's what I've been saying to guys at work. Probably wasn't offered a deal due to injuries but being a fine lad etc.

I thought it might have been more that he wanted to move back to England to be closer to his kids, (Birmingham) and was hoping to pick up a club, any club down in that area.

He's now had no offers from any clubs in the midlands, possibly due to injury concerns and so as he needs to earn a wage, a return to the SPL is a nice safe bet although I imagine on a lot smaller wage than he was hoping for initially but a guy's got to work.

Fair play to him, hope he does well in every game apart from against us, he didn't mess us around over possibly staying or appearing disinterested when here.

• Upvote 1

I thought it might have been more that he wanted to move back to England to be closer to his kids, (Birmingham) and was hoping to pick up a club, any club down in that area.

Probably had something to do with his thinking but I think his mind was made up for him a bit as well.

If he's driving he's 3 hours closer now than he was 3 months ago and I'd guess that Glasgow - Brum flights were a lot cheaper than Aberdeen flights, our airport is hooring expensive for flights compared to others.

In my mind there's a massive difference between this and Aluko. Aluko was a sulky, petulant little cunt that walked out on the club without permission, dummy was spat when he was pulled back and from that point on even though he was actually on the pitch he hardly kicked a ball for us.

Osbourne kept his head down, played to his best ability when ever asked and left amicably.

• Upvote 5

Probably had something to do with his thinking but I think his mind was made up for him a bit as well.

If he's driving he's 3 hours closer now than he was 3 months ago and I'd guess that Glasgow - Brum flights were a lot cheaper than Aberdeen flights, our airport is hooring expensive for flights compared to others.

In my mind there's a massive difference between this and Aluko. Aluko was a sulky, petulant little cunt that walked out on the club without permission, dummy was spat when he was pulled back and from that point on even though he was actually on the pitch he hardly kicked a ball for us.

Osbourne kept his head down, played to his best ability when ever asked and left amicably.

I think this is also correct, DMC, is most likely to have thought that there was better options available so didn't go out of his way to persuade Isaac not to go so amicable and easy decision for all.

Your right he never shirked his job, wherever he was asked to play whilst here be it midfield or at the back.

I'm interested to see where he'll play at Partick as a fan I spoke to yesterday thought he would be a luxury as they are fine for mid fielders at the moment.

Can't grudge the guy signing for Partick. Obviously couldn't get a club down south nearer home so had to accept something up here.

Shame he never had a fully fit season but always gave 100%. As was mentioned, his tackles were a thing of beauty, could actually make me shudder sitting in my seat tbh.

Good luck to him.

Good signing for Partick if he stays fit.

That's the key for him.

Good post.

Best of luck to him.

He obviously couldn't get a deal down south, which is a pity, but he's still got a living to make then I've no problem with him signing for Partick.

I liked him as a player as I always felt he gave 100% when he played, but we always felt the next injury was just around the corner with him.

Best of luck to him. Fine fellow who was one of our best players when fit. Agree Deek made the right call to use the wages elsewhere but wouldn't be too sure that Robson will offer us more games a season. We shall see. Thistle will be paying buttons

because i love/d him

properly committed player with a great heart

IF rumours are that mcinnes was being kind by saying he was letting him go for family reasons and it was really because he didnt rate him, then thats a black mark

Family reasons.

An easy way of saying fuck off you pussy.