Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

U15s beat Ross county 5-0 yesterday. Not sure they ever lose any goals with the big boy in goals. He's some presence.

U13s beat Ross County 14-1. Crazy.

To be fair at those age groups they will be playing local players only. There's probably more sheep than people up that way so their talent pool is extremely limited and they are competing with Caley to sign them. By U15 level theyre a bit more able to take in coaching and so can keep the score a bit more respectable but the same problem exists....very small pool of talent available compared to clubs based in areas of far denser population.

To be fair at those age groups they will be playing local players only. There's probably more sheep than people up that way so their talent pool is extremely limited and they are competing with Caley to sign them. By U15 level theyre a bit more able to take in coaching and so can keep the score a bit more respectable but the same problem exists....very small pool of talent available compared to clubs based in areas of far denser population.

Yeah, fair point. Not sure Aberdeen get anything out of playing them though? Must be horrible travelling from Dingwall every week to get hammered, as I assume they must do.

Beaten 1-0 by Chelsea and Man City , 3-1 by Juventus and Feyenoord isn’t exactly getting humped. Great result adding Girona as well. Fantastic experience for these young lads.

Out of interest, other than Dean , are there any other youngsters pushing for the 1st team next season ?

Beaten 1-0 by Chelsea and Man City , 3-1 by Juventus and Feyenoord isn’t exactly getting humped. Great result adding Girona as well. Fantastic experience for these young lads.

Out of interest, other than Dean , are there any other youngsters pushing for the 1st team next season ?

Ethan Ross must be there or there abouts.

Ethan Ross is viewed highly I think. There was talk of a fullback being promising, not sure of name.

Only Aberdeen, celtic and rangers, I believe, enter tournaments abroad at youth level, out of Scottish teams.

Ethan Ross is viewed highly I think. There was talk of a fullback being promising, not sure of name.

Only Aberdeen, celtic and rangers, I believe, enter tournaments abroad at youth level, out of Scottish teams.

Miko Virtanen?

Played full back for the reserves for a bit as cover but more of a midfielder.

Been in the squad last few games but only because we're down to the bare bones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To fuck with helping those sevcove cunts in any shape or form

Cringe. I take it you don’t like that the club are paying them to use their facility. Plus some first team players were at the 1st leg of the playoff cheering when they scored!

Makes sense for us as well, can loan players out to a club in the same area so can keep an eye on players development.

Also still train with the first team squad as don’t think cove will train everyday! Also be able take them to be seen by our physio team if injured etc