#361 OFFLINE   I Dream of Electric Sheep

I Dream of Electric Sheep

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Joined 15-July 08

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

It is very easy to say the team is piss, I donít think they are. Ultimately we canít say how good or bad the team is, until we have a manager that we know is capable of getting each player to achieve the potential. JC just seems incapable of getting the best from the players and I donít see that changing.

#362 ONLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,205 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

The potentlal loss of income suggests to me that it's prudent to sack
the wuckfit tomorrow.
14 home games with 1000 not attending - £200kish

The pay off should come out of Milne's personal money seeing
as he was one of a wee group that thought it was sensible giving
him a new deal.

#363 Guest_SS RED_*

Guest_SS RED_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

him a new deal.

Correct.

#364 OFFLINE   Ingolfsson

Ingolfsson

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

No am bein serious, if some loyal aberdeen fans just blocked his car fae gettin oot the car park or tanned his windaes in or sumin??

Would that nae work?

It's only a matter of time before the protests start. Probably at the Hibs game. And with this whole 'we cannae sack him cos we cannae afford it' scenario, it could get extremely messy if JC doesn't resign.

I firmly believe that he was waiting for a decent english side to come in for him last season, hence the delay in signing a contract. When that didn't materialise, he decided to reluctantly stay. He should never have been given the chance to rebuild the side last summer.

I thought JC was lucky to keep his job in his 2nd season. Made the top 6 by a bawhair and trademark Caldo shambles in the cups. Anderson guided us through 06/07. I can remember us playing decent fitba in about 5 games that season. He's been fvkkin lucky. Last season was mixed at best. Copenhagen was one of my best ever Dons games. But equally, United and QOS were 2 of the worst. When a game doesn't take care of itself (eg. European or old firm), he cannot motivate the players.

Now this season which has started pathetically. We haven't played well in any of our games, most of our points have been burgled. You can blame the players to an extent but JC has signed almost all of them and has decided to retain the services of Mackie, Foster etc. despite season upon season of rancid displays.

Has JC been a victim of his own success? No. Long before he arrived, Aberdeen fans have always expected to finish in the top 4 (at least) and mount a proud challenge in the cups. Pele, Miller and Aitken all found out that failure to achieve this gets you the boot. We don't expect an 80s style trophy haul, just a team that we can support proudly. Right now, I feel as distant to an Aberdeen team as I have ever felt. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sh1t but I'd rather blame Calderwood.

Tick Tock..

:jmg:

#365 OFFLINE   exile aberdeen

exile aberdeen

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 11-August 08

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

The potentlal loss of income suggests to me that it's prudent to sack
the wuckfit tomorrow.
14 home games with 1000 not attending - £200kish

him a new deal.

Only 1000, I think crowds will be down more than that.
The level of football is disgusting.

#366 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,205 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

We don't expect an 80s style trophy haul, just a team that we can support proudly. Right now, I feel as distant to an Aberdeen team as I have ever felt. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sh1t but I'd rather blame Calderwood.

Tick Tock..

Excellent post. :crossfingers:

#367 ONLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:01 AM

The P&J says:

http://www.pressandj...cle.aspx/855897

Dons out after comedy of errors

No defence for Aberdeen as they concede four goals and crash out of the cup at kilmarnock

By Michael Gannon

Published: 25/09/2008

Aberdeen tumbled out of the League Cup last night after calamitous defending saw Jimmy Calderwood's side slump to a 4-2 defeat at Kilmarnock's Rugby Park.

A double from Conor Sammon, a David Fernandez strike and a Mehdi Taouil penalty saw Killie through, with goals from Gary McDonald and a Lee Miller penalty provided momentary glimpses of hope for the visitors.

It took the hosts just 110 seconds to open the scoring and, although the Dons replied soon after, they were undone by a series of defensive blunders as the Rugby Park crowd witnessed six goals in just 33 minutes.

Aberdeen were a shambles at the back throughout in a rearguard display similar to the one seen at Hampden in their humiliating 4-3 Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Queen of the South.

Kilmarnock may have been gifted their victory but they were worthy winners and the scoreline could have been even more grim for Aberdeen.

The defeat has added pressure on the Dons following an unimpressive start to their SPL campaign.

Calderwood's side has yet to win at home this season following miserable defeats by Caley Thistle, Hamilton and then Dundee United at the weekend. They have picked up just one point at Pittodrie, against Rangers, but they have had no such problems on the road before this evening. This shocking defeat ended their unbeaten run on their travels this term having racked up victories at Motherwell and St Mirren in the SPL and Ayr United in the previous round in the League Cup.

Kilmarnock represented a difficult test, having lost only to the Old Firm this season and they were favourites going into last night's match. The Dons were looking to progress one stage further in the competition than they managed last term, when Calderwoodís men reached the semi-finals only to be humbled by Dundee United.

Aberdeen were thumped 4-1 by the Arabs at Tynecastle and there was more semi-final anguish in the Scottish Cup against Queen of the South.

The Dons supporters have not participated in a final since the League Cup in 2000, when the Reds lost to Celtic, and it is now 13 years since they watched their side lift silverware in this tournament since defeating Dundee in 1995. The Scottish Cup now represents their only realistic chance of ending that drought.

Meanwhile, the Dons have received some minor comfort with the news after attacker Jamie Smith resumed light training yesterday after two weeks out with a calf injury.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#368 OFFLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

The Hun says

http://www.dailyreco...86908-20751958/

Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood blames 'suicidal' defending for CIS Cup exit

Sep 25 2008 By Hugh Keevins

DUMBFOUNDED Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood last night blamed suicidal defending for his team's cup KO to Kilmarnock.

The Aberdeen manager watched this season's flawless away record disintegrate under the weight of goals from a rampant Rugby Park side.

And Calderwood said: "It was plain to see why we lost the game. You can't defend like that and win football matches.

"We were very poor and gifted them goals, which was strange after being so strong defensively away from home this season.

"But the way we lost our goals was disappointing. We kept giving ourselves a mountain to climb after forcing a way back into the match."

Calderwood denied his team's tendency to push forward, regardless of the score, was over-ambitious. He said: "You've got to go out to win matches but we never gave ourselves a chance because we were always chasing the game.

"The strange thing to say is that I was quite happy with some of what went on during the first half. Ricky Foster rattled the bar when the score was 4-2 and that could have changed the course of the game."

Aberdeen's next match is away to Celtic in the SPL, a twist of fate that has left Calderwood in two minds. He said: "At the moment facing Celtic doesn't seem like a good thing.

"But it won't feel like that in the morning and Gordon Strachan knows we'll be hurting by the time Saturday comes."

Killie boss Jim Jefferies was, by comparison, a happy man. He said: "It was terrific entertainment for the fans because it was such an open game. Aberdeen always push forward and I felt we could have scored even more goals where we were punishing that risk strategy.

"But I'm delighted all questions about our bubble bursting have been answered. Fingers could have been pointed at us if we had failed to win after losing to Rangers and Celtic in our last two league matches."

Jefferies, who led Kilmarnock to the Final of this competition two years ago before losing to Hibs, isn't getting his hopes up prematurely over a return to Hampden.

He said: "We'll see what the draw brings. I would prefer another game at home and hope the Old Firm get drawn together.

"In the meantime I'm only happy we have proved we didn't feel sorry for ourselves after back-to-back defeats in the SPL. I thought we thoroughly deserved this win."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#369 OFFLINE   Sonic

Sonic

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

Ugh, why is it so hard to be an Aberdeen fan.

Edited by Sonic, 25 September 2008 - 08:12 AM.

#370 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

Killie got Celtic at home in the next round.

Good luck to them.
COYR

#371 Guest_stoney_*

Guest_stoney_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

Would have loved that draw - would have meant the odds in meeting one of the OF in the final would be reduced

#372 OFFLINE   K-9

K-9

Chairman

• Members
  • 23,788 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Would have loved that draw - would have meant the odds in meeting one of the OF in the final would be reduced

Don't worry - the odds of us meeting one of the old firm in the final were seriously reduced last night!!

#373 Guest_stoney_*

Guest_stoney_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

Good job i dont gamble anymore then :0

#374 OFFLINE   bland_flabbis

bland_flabbis

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 25-November 06

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

It's only a matter of time before the protests start. Probably at the Hibs game. And with this whole 'we cannae sack him cos we cannae afford it' scenario, it could get extremely messy if JC doesn't resign.

I firmly believe that he was waiting for a decent english side to come in for him last season, hence the delay in signing a contract. When that didn't materialise, he decided to reluctantly stay. He should never have been given the chance to rebuild the side last summer.

I thought JC was lucky to keep his job in his 2nd season. Made the top 6 by a bawhair and trademark Caldo shambles in the cups. Anderson guided us through 06/07. I can remember us playing decent fitba in about 5 games that season. He's been fvkkin lucky. Last season was mixed at best. Copenhagen was one of my best ever Dons games. But equally, United and QOS were 2 of the worst. When a game doesn't take care of itself (eg. European or old firm), he cannot motivate the players.

Now this season which has started pathetically. We haven't played well in any of our games, most of our points have been burgled. You can blame the players to an extent but JC has signed almost all of them and has decided to retain the services of Mackie, Foster etc. despite season upon season of rancid displays.

Has JC been a victim of his own success? No. Long before he arrived, Aberdeen fans have always expected to finish in the top 4 (at least) and mount a proud challenge in the cups. Pele, Miller and Aitken all found out that failure to achieve this gets you the boot. We don't expect an 80s style trophy haul, just a team that we can support proudly. Right now, I feel as distant to an Aberdeen team as I have ever felt. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sh1t but I'd rather blame Calderwood.

Tick Tock..

I think this is going over the top a bit. The 06/07 season was about as well as we've performed in the league since the early 90s and we put up a realistic challenge for second. You can't just say that was luck or all down to Anderson, Calderwood has to take some credit for that. However, most managers run out of steam after a while and that's what's happening now - there were signs of it last year and it's blatantly obvious this season. A change is needed.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users