Dug Photies

Good thread.

I dont have a dug, but would love one. A doberman or rottweiler. Something smart, athletic, useful which is a real investment and responsibility to own. I really like the idea of schutzhund training.

Sadly I dont see how it could fit into life currently.

Dog owners - what do you do when at work? Is there someone at home, or do you get a dog walker to come or what?

Spell dog backwards

We don't lock our dog in any room when we're out, he's free to roam the house as he pleases.

Dog walker comes in twice the working week to walk him.

My dog stays outside. Fuck knows what it gets up to, banging into things mainly, I suppose. Has the freedom of front and back yard.

I was brought up with inside dogs. Never a big fan, hence why all my dogs have stayed outside. Get it a smart, warm jacket for the winter nights.

My dog stays outside. Fuck knows what it gets up to, banging into things mainly, I suppose. Has the freedom of front and back yard.

I was brought up with inside dogs. Never a big fan, hence why all my dogs have stayed outside. Get it a smart, warm jacket for the winter nights.

Why have a dog if it stays outside?

Had a golden retriever and a then a black lab. Was wanting a St Bernard / Newfoundland / Leonberger but the wife thought the house was too small so ended up with a German Shepherd.

Really surprised at the amount of people who don't like / are scared of German Shepherds are there attitude and perception of them.

Use to be very sociable having a dog were you would often meet and speak to strangers when out a walk. Nowadays you see people avoiding you when they see the German Shepherd running about!

Simple really, what do you get out of a dog if it's just outside all the time?

Somebody to do the garden?

What do I want to get out of a dog? Nothing, it can't pay board but it's a good companion for my family and has helped my kids get an understanding that sometimes others will rely on them and they have to step up. If everybody's out at school/work all day why would you keep it locked up inside when it has a big yard to walk around in (and bump into things), its food, its kennel, its bed and some fresh air, freedom.

Keeping it inside would be cruel anyway. Be navigating an obstacle course everyday. Dogs are outdoor animals (as are all animals, naturally). It's unnatural for them to be inside.I don't see it as a form of entertainment or want it lying at the end of my bed or shiting on the floor. As for shiting everywhere in the yard? What do i care, I don't pick it up. That's another area where the kids have to step up.

Anyway, dogs are great...and I just think they're greater outside.