Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

I like the idea of the major Scottish clubs joining the English leagues. The Glasgow two with Sky money would end up at the top end of the EPL.

I'd be quite happy Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee Utd finding their own levels in a unified league set up. The rest of football up here to end up like the Irish league.

The game is fucked up here and I'd rather be playing Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough, Bristol Rovers or whoever than Ross County 4 times. We'd end up like Cardiff and Swansea.

Downside? We'd struggle to win a trophy ever again, or get into Europe. But something has to change. We're struggling to compete with Fleetwood Town on wages.

And I'm biased. Edinburgh is a high profile city and we're the biggest team in it. I think we'd get bought by some foreign billionaire.

Watching us with English money buying our first £10m+ player? Or watching Uche versus St Mirren? I'm torn.

1. The number of teams actually doesn't matter in this discussion, it's not really relevant unless we are looking for the title to be far far wider spread across lots of teams.

2. we have just 2 winners in 30 years or whatever. Very few other leagues can compare to that level of monopolisation. (If any)

3. why do we only compare to other football leagues? As mentioned above a complete lack of innovation is one of the biggest problems with our game.

I'll keep repeating it but think about this - our national sport is run as an amateur enterprise. There's nothing professional about it.

What do you mean by a complete lack of innovation being one of the biggest problems with our game? What does that even mean? How is it run as an amateur enterprise?

I like the idea of the major Scottish clubs joining the English leagues. The Glasgow two with Sky money would end up at the top end of the EPL.

I'd be quite happy Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee Utd finding their own levels in a unified league set up. The rest of football up here to end up like the Irish league.

The game is fucked up here and I'd rather be playing Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough, Bristol Rovers or whoever than Ross County 4 times. We'd end up like Cardiff and Swansea.

Downside? We'd struggle to win a trophy ever again, or get into Europe. But something has to change. We're struggling to compete with Fleetwood Town on wages.

And I'm biased. Edinburgh is a high profile city and we're the biggest team in it. I think we'd get bought by some foreign billionaire.

Watching us with English money buying our first £10m+ player? Or watching Uche versus St Mirren? I'm torn.

Honestly don’t know where to start with this.

Why on earth would you want to play the likes of Nottingham forest instead of Scottish teams? Making away days even more expensive for starters. How many Forest fans do you know at work or in your social circle you could have the craic with?

The inflated transfer market down south also doesn’t mean that spending £10million on a player necessarily means they are going to be shit hot. See McBurnie.

Also massively reducing your chances of winning anything is a laugh, just look at this forum for an indication of how that would go down.

You speak some shite next you'll be telling us you can still get third and you have signed some top players. hate to tell you but your team is shite your club is a joke run by an old wifey and it wasn't all Leveins fault and your going down

Skins

Hearts struggle to win trophies anyway what is it 3 in the last 57 years? I think that would be the least of your worries. And yes I know we struggle to win them too :-)

Getting access to EPL type tv money is the only way clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts could realistically challenge the Glasgow two were they to come up against each other in the same league. When clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Palace beat the big guns in the EPL it's not really a major shock. Playing down there would also make the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts far more attractive to very rich people. Look at what has happened at Leicester and Wolves as examples of that.

I don't necessarily agree that the Glasgow two would always be near the top of the league. The very best English players and foreign players willing to play in the UK would still always go to the clubs in London, Manchester or Liverpool before the Glasgow two. They would both likely be established Premiership clubs but other clubs with big followings like Villa, West Ham and Newcastle have not been immune to relegation or have come very close to it.

It ain't going to happen though. But you're right the game is completely fucked here.

They should both just fuck off and play each other every week.

I perversely watch their games to see what shite is happening but does anybody out-with them give a fuck unless it is affecting their teams own psitition.

How good would it be if us, Hibs, Hearts , Kilmarnock whoever had a realistic chance of winning the league.

10 teams need to resign from the spl & tell these cunts to GTF, lets face it if another option came their way( Guff or Euro League) they would drop the spl in a heartbeat

Huge Financial gulf & lets say a sporting advantage as well

I think the OF would welcome the other clubs telling them to fuck off. Fairly sure UEFA and FA would quickly allow them to set up home over the border.

My memory is fading as I get older but do I not recall you wearing that t-shirt there not so long ago?

Skins

Hearts struggle to win trophies anyway what is it 3 in the last 57 years? I think that would be the least of your worries. And yes I know we struggle to win them too :-)

Getting access to EPL type tv money is the only way clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts could realistically challenge the Glasgow two were they to come up against each other in the same league. When clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Palace beat the big guns in the EPL it's not really a major shock. Playing down there would also make the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts far more attractive to very rich people. Look at what has happened at Leicester and Wolves as examples of that.

I don't necessarily agree that the Glasgow two would always be near the top of the league. The very best English players and foreign players willing to play in the UK would still always go to the clubs in London, Manchester or Liverpool before the Glasgow two. They would both likely be established Premiership clubs but other clubs with big followings like Villa, West Ham and Newcastle have not been immune to relegation or have come very close to it.

It ain't going to happen though. But you're right the game is completely fucked here.

I agree 100% with skinny, to England we should go

My recollection was losing Ward, Rooney to injury and Griffiths scoring very late at Kilmarnock when we were in very close proximity. All seemed to happen in quick succession.

Yeah. Think we might've been away to Motherwell the same day? Wasn't it Rogic that scored the late winner for them at Killie too?