Scott Wright

• 1 month later...

He seems to have lost it in the heid. Doesn’t know if he’s supposed to be coming short or going long and continually seems to choose the wrong option. Then, by good fortune, if he does get into a decent position the end product just isn’t there. Ok McLennan played a blinder I get that but the difference was utterly stark and immediately fed through the team.

I think so too... even though it's been really rare, we have enough to know he's got some talent.

It's tough though, the last two games I've attended in person at Pittodrie, he's been the worst player - embarrassingly out of his depth.

I'd like to see him take a loan in the championship for the second half of the season... see if he can get himself going.

He's always played as a winger?

So fuck knows what you're on about.

School football to now, winger.

I'm saying he is better suited to playing through the middle than as a winger.

Was non-existent through the middle in the league cup semi

Maybe hes actually a right back

He was just back from about 6 weeks out injured wasn't he? And he did have the one bit of quality that created one of our only chances in the first half of that game though.

Also had the one bit of quality playing through the middle to set up May's chance against St Johnstone

He's not played well enough to warrant 5 starts Consi. He has also been a bit unlucky with injuries. Also still looks like he needs a bit more muscle.

That's the thing with young players, they'll have bad games.

I agree, he still needs muscle. A loan to a championship side in January would definitely help his progression I reckon. Playing week in week out in a tough, physical league would make him a better player.

Even a loan to St.Mirren or Dundee or something, get him playing games at our league level.

That's the thing with young players, they'll have bad games.

I agree, he still needs muscle. A loan to a championship side in January would definitely help his progression I reckon. Playing week in week out in a tough, physical league would make him a better player.

Even a loan to St.Mirren or Dundee or something, get him playing games at our league level.

The problem with Wright is, 95% of his performances have been bad.  I'm convinced there is something there... a good loan move may be the making of him..  Maybe we need to send him for an entire year next season too... then give him his final year, back at Pittodrie to win a new contract.

To be honest, on the pitch and, from what little you glean from interviews off the pitch, he comes across as a bit of a big girls blouse.  Maybe needs to harden up, or develop a bit of attitude!  I'm not necessarily speaking about doing a few extra session in the gym, as physically he looks in great shape.  When i see him play, the way he carries himself... if I'm an opposition player, I'm thinking i can bully Scott Wright.  In the Hamilton game, their big centre halves were just leaving a knee, or a boot in there... and Scott didn't look like he fancied it.