Scotland vs Russia/Belgium

Fishing surely?

How so? I am.

A bit more positivity about our team now we have a competent manager in charge. I believe Clarke can get the very best from our players, including some very good midfielders.

I know it's the Aberdonian (and especially Hat) way to hate Scotland but i'll not be indulging in that sad mindset.

• Downvote 1

How so? I am.

A bit more positivity about our team now we have a competent manager in charge. I believe Clarke can get the very best from our players, including some very good midfielders.

I know it's the Aberdonian (and especially Hat) way to hate Scotland but i'll not be indulging in that sad mindset.

I'm the same. Each to their own but I always look forward to the national games and even more so at the moment with a bit more quality in the squad (but agree that the defensive options are honking at the moment)

How so? I am.

C'mon min Parky, did you think the games Clarke has been in charge of so far (I'll give you a reminder); late winner at home v Cyprus and absolute tanking against Belgium (30 shots on goal for the home side) showed anything like an improvement?  I have no doubt that McLeish or Strachan for that matter would have been just as capable of putting out teams to get those same results / displays. 

0 points from these two games.

C'mon min Parky, did you think the games Clarke has been in charge of so far (I'll give you a reminder); late winner at home v Cyprus and absolute tanking against Belgium (30 shots on goal for the home side) showed anything like an improvement? I have no doubt that McLeish or Strachan for that matter would have been just as capable of putting out teams to get those same results / displays.

I'm prepared to give Clarke a free pass on the Cyprus game. He tried a few new things, they didn't work (particularly giving Brophy a game).

He took those games on at very short notice. This time he's had month's to plan, watch our players, study our opponents, etc. We'll be better.

I'm not expecting anything from the Belgium game but I reckon we'll beat Russia.

C'mon min Parky, did you think the games Clarke has been in charge of so far (I'll give you a reminder); late winner at home v Cyprus and absolute tanking against Belgium (30 shots on goal for the home side) showed anything like an improvement?  I have no doubt that McLeish or Strachan for that matter would have been just as capable of putting out teams to get those same results / displays. 

Its almost like he was only appointed less than a month before the games

How so? I am.

Nothing to do with hating Scotland per se, it’s just that watching Scotland has been absolutely brutal for so long! I’ll be watching through my fingers - certainly not looking forward to it and almost 99% certain they won’t be enjoyable viewing!

Nothing to do with hating Scotland per se, it’s just that watching Scotland has been absolutely brutal for so long! I’ll be watching through my fingers - certainly not looking forward to it and almost 99% certain they won’t be enjoyable viewing!

Acht, fair enough. It can be difficult viewing at the best of times. I do believe we have a capable a manager and some good players though.

Fingers crossed we can get some good performances and build a bit momentum before the play-offs in March (I think we're already humped after the Kazakhstan result, unfortunately).

I've had a look at the squad again, defence and attack in particular and have changed my attitude slightly about these games.

I think now we just just concede them.

Given the options at our disposal, I'd maybe look to give Christie a run up top.  Nothing to lose - he couldn't be any worse than the others (assuming Naismith isn't 100% fit).

The defense is shocking and the Belgians will certainly have a field day.  Not sure whether right back or centre half is the greater worry.  The Rat is probably the best option at right back!

Incidentally, can you be an Aberdeen supporter and also cheer for another team containing Ryan Jack?  I couldn't stomach it myself.  Even the mere thought of Ryan Jack makes my skin crawl.  

Incidentally, can you be an Aberdeen supporter and also cheer for another team containing Ryan Jack? I couldn't stomach it myself. Even the mere thought of Ryan Jack makes my skin crawl.

1. I very much doubt Ryan Jack will play

2. That's a pretty daft comment. Aye, let's stop supporting your country because you hate one of the players. Good one...

• Downvote 1

Can absolutely see Hunjack getting a start at right back. O'Donnell is steady enough at SPL level but at international level he is fucking cack.

Can envisage us scraping a 1-1 draw with the Russians. I'll settle for keeping the score respectable against Belgium (no more than 3 goals difference). Looking at our goalkeeping and defensive options there's just no way we can do any better than that sadly.

As for huns in our squad.....I'll see your Bryson and raise you a Ferguson......

Can absolutely see Hunjack getting a start at right back. O'Donnell is steady enough at SPL level but at international level he is fucking cack.

Can envisage us scraping a 1-1 draw with the Russians. I'll settle for keeping the score respectable against Belgium (no more than 3 goals difference). Looking at our goalkeeping and defensive options there's just no way we can do any better than that sadly.

As for huns in our squad.....I'll see your Bryson and raise you a Ferguson......

Ah of course.  Hopefully a late bid comes in for him.  If we're going to be shite I'd rather not have to endure hunnery as well.