What did you study/train as and what do you do now?

Betty Swallicks

Got a BA in property fae Aberdeen Uni. Started 4th year, but realised I had an essay due in two days when I was away to Madrid to see the Dandies the next morning. Dropped out rather than get terrible/no honours. 

Couldn't get a job due to shite degree, tried to be an air traffic controller, got to the last interview stage but the English cunts wouldn't let me in. 

Bought a corner shop, influenced the Aberdeen craft beer revolution for 5 years. 

Sold up and bought a guest house in the highlands. 

Currently enjoying 4 months holiday/DIY. 

Fuck knows what I'll be doing in 3-5 years. 

Originally went to uni (RGU Schoolhill) where I spent 2 years getting stoned and drinking in Triple Kirks. Dropped out after i had an exam resit that clashed with a lads holiday to Magaluf. After being told i either cancelled my holiday or left uni, I did the right thing and went to Magaluf. 

Then started an ECITB oil and gas apprenticeship as an instrument tech. Did the 18 months of full time college then got placed with a metering/flow measurement company at the end of it. Did my final 2 years on site, as an apprentice working between St Fergus, the North Alwyn and Captain (WPP and FPSO) before taking core crew job on the Elgin and North Alwyn for the next 4 years. 

Moved into the office with a different company as engineer (still in metering/measurement) almost 7 years ago and still doing it now - although have moved back to the company i was an apprentice and tech with, based in clients office. 

Probably do this until i retire to be honest - moneys good, shortage of people who do it so I'll never struggle for work and quite enjoy it on the whole.

never would’ve guessed you enjoy your job dazzy min

Said my first word at one
Aberdeen mad by 7
Bored by 11
Left school at 16
18, I worked nights at the castle but then I stopped pulling pints and started pushing myself
I did things I never dreamed I would, overcame things I never thought I could.
The elements, the distance , the fears, doubts and all 7 continents.
Sure I was born in Aberdeen but I was made in the Royal Navy.

• Upvote 1

Said my first word at one

Aberdeen mad by 7

Bored by 11

Left school at 16

18, I worked nights at the castle but then I stopped pulling pints and started pushing myself

I did things I never dreamed I would, overcame things I never thought I could.

The elements, the distance , the fears, doubts and all 7 continents.

Sure I was born in Aberdeen but I was made in the Royal Navy.

Hello sailor

Agreed got that from folk when I worked at Spar

while at university.

That said I always give someone a chance. Willing to learn, listen, work hard and not be a spastic is the way forward. Don’t really give a fuck

about qualifications for most part more

about the person,

Worst fuckers are the ones that have worked for another company for ten years and have the “well that’s not how we did it at......” Attitude. Well

why did you leave you fucking prick go

back there if it was so good.