Six Nations 2018

OddJob

That's because it is that way. It's a total turn off if you're from Scotland.

I enjoy the game, but have no interest in the Scottish national team. However, it's certainly not an upper/middle sport in the southern hemisphere! Super Rugby, out here, is much more accessible. Before they were disbanded, I used to watch the Western Force whenever I could... was brilliant getting to watch the Kiwi province teams at close quarters. Some of the shapes you'd get in the crowd - particularly the Kiwis! :hypno::hysterical:

I know plenty working / middle class folk that support the team and go to every home match . Very much support the team myself always have done although from the couch . There may well be a high percentage of hoo ray Henrys supporting the team but certainly wouldn't tar all with that brush

• Upvote 2

If that is your way of looking at it - I hate it cos they like it - it's only going to be them that gets it.

Not really. Simply don't like it and I've tried watching it a couple of times.

I'm only giving an opinion of the folk who I've come across who seem to like it. As previously mentioned I've possibly been unlucky

Each to their own. Be a hoora boring world if everyone liked the same things :)

Have you seen the video of the tunnel incident? Looked like Farrell was being a twat

I have a bad feeling about next Saturday, our away form is shite and Ireland are the best side in it this year.

The citing was for the in game incident no?

I hate Farrell, and have it on good authority he's ot well liked by the other home nations (and I assume France/iTaly etc) but is widely respected as a player.

I hope we win, I think we'll lose, I have an acquaintance who plays for Ireland, so it's doubly bad for me if we do.

Again. (I'm used to the ribbing by now tbh)

The citing was for the in game incident no?

I hate Farrell, and have it on good authority he's ot well liked by the other home nations (and I assume France/iTaly etc) but is widely respected as a player.

I hope we win, I think we'll lose, I have an acquaintance who plays for Ireland, so it's doubly bad for me if we do.

Again. (I'm used to the ribbing by now tbh)

Cool - who's your pal? Ireland are a right good team at the moment it must be said, I think Scotland will need to step it up even from the England performance if we're to take anything from Dublin.

Farrell isn't even especially well-liked within the England camp, apparently, there was something about this in the Times earlier this week. If you watch back Scotland's first try on Saturday, the dirty bastard tries to nail Finn Russell off the ball long after Russell got away the grubber-kick which led to Jones scoring. Which is also why (and the camera just about caught this) Finn tousled Farrell's hair as he ran past him to celebrate with his teammates :laughing:

Farrell is a wonderful rugby player and a twat, basically. That seems to be the consensus view. It's why he's not being spoken about as a potential England captain even though he would be a logical choice as Dylan Hartley's tenure as captain seems to be coming to an end.

Cool - who's your pal? Ireland are a right good team at the moment it must be said, I think Scotland will need to step it up even from the England performance if we're to take anything from Dublin.

Farrell isn't even especially well-liked within the England camp, apparently, there was something about this in the Times earlier this week. If you watch back Scotland's first try on Saturday, the dirty bastard tries to nail Finn Russell off the ball long after Russell got away the grubber-kick which led to Jones scoring. Which is also why (and the camera just about caught this) Finn tousled Farrell's hair as he ran past him to celebrate with his teammates :laughing:

Farrell is a wonderful rugby player and a twat, basically. That seems to be the consensus view. It's why he's not being spoken about as a potential England captain even though he would be a logical choice as Dylan Hartley's tenure as captain seems to be coming to an end.

My pal is Martin

His pal and my acquaintance is the scrum half

Handsome bar steward he is

Always get it on FB off him when he beats us.

Good lad tho

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland are the best team in it IMO but we wasted our chances yesterday.

If Ireland beat England next week, it could be shoogly peg time for Eddie Jones.

Very frustrating game, we were much the better team in the first half but butchered several clear try-scoring opportunities, whilst also gifting Ireland their opening try with that ridiculous flat floated pass which Stockdale read a mile away.

Ireland for the slam next week, barring a freeze. England have regressed so much in this tournament that it’s in danger of taking some of the shine off our win a fortnight ago.

Very frustrating game, we were much the better team in the first half but butchered several clear try-scoring opportunities, whilst also gifting Ireland their opening try with that ridiculous flat floated pass which Stockdale read a mile away.

Yes were it not for the gift wrapped opener and our inability to hang onto (at least 2) final passes which would have likely led to a score, it would have been much closer / interesting.

Think we got a bit carried away with our adventurous fast and wide passing. The Harlem Globe Trotters would have struggled to catch some of those passes, the height they were at.

Still, I expect to beat the eyeties and so finish a respectable and encouraging campaign with a record of mostly wins.

Yeah the criminal attempted pass that led to the Oirish first try was unreal. We are definitely still in the game for long periods but as you say we shot ourselves in the foot and also that cunt Sexton had to find his kicking boots unlike the previous Wales game

Agreed we should beat Italy but I certainly wouldn’t bey mortgage on it tho

Watching the England , Ireland game..no idea why its on over here.

Havent watched the egg chaseing for decades...is it me or are the modern players far bigger and very much slower than in the past?

Its bloody boring

Bigger yes, slower - I very much doubt it.

It wasn’t a very exciting match but Ireland were very good.

Rugby will just have to live with as these days it's become an attraction for the working classes (like a few on here and many others I know) when once it was the game for hooray Henry's, posh college boys and gentlemen tweed wearing borders farmers

Unfortunately when the upper classes commit any sins it's put down to some high jinks fron drunken rugger buggers, but if it's the working class they are trash and should be banned after being publicly flogged at half time !

• Upvote 1

Rugby will just have to live with as these days it's become an attraction for the working classes (like a few on here and many others I know) when once it was the game for hooray Henry's, posh college boys and gentlemen tweed wearing borders farmers

Unfortunately when the upper classes commit any sins it's put down to some high jinks fron drunken rugger buggers, but if it's the working class they are trash and should be banned after being publicly flogged at half time !

I agree with this, I was at Twickenham this year, it was no different to a big football match. Most of the upper class cunts were hammered, the only difference was they were carrying bottles of wine and champagne instead of lager or beer.

The working class is getting attracted to rugby.............not all working class but at the same time football is becoming more middle class, especiallay in england

Watching the England , Ireland game..no idea why its on over here.

Havent watched the egg chaseing for decades...is it me or are the modern players far bigger and very much slower than in the past?

Its bloody boring

Bigger and faster, the modern rugby player is a fairly terrifying unit. That boy Stockdale who plays on the wing for Ireland is 6' 3 and 16st, unthinkable even twenty years ago that a guy like that would be a winger.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...