Where Are They Now

I’m the last person to stick up for guffy fitba but the FA cup is done, none of their top teams care about it. The EPL is all that matters to most in England

Last years competition seemed pretty good.

We're not talking about a league campaign, we're talkinh about one off games.

In terms of league - as we are we are comfortably a Championship level club.

Some right negative bastards on here. The standard of some teams in the championship is abysmal.

I've never really understood this type of discussion - I get what your talking about but do any of you think that there's people in Ireland, Wales or even the Scilly Isles talking about where their team would place in the Scottish set up?

They might, but I'm doubtful.

It was the same in that BBC Scotland documentary about the Scottish game - last episode the people were comparing us to the English leagues and how 'we've been left behind' or similar sentiments.

How are we the same as England - we're not. We're just a nearby country.

How would Aberdeen do in the English leagues - don't know, don't care - it's hun & tim talk.

So c'mon then hatters - would the famous romp to victory in the MLS in its current incarnation?

Could we get a champions league berth if we did a stint in the Ukrainian prem?

• Upvote 1

Its impossible to compare because we do not have access to the vast cash which is available to english sides.

It's not impossible to compare. The football being played in the vast majority of Championship games is similar to what we play. We would easily compete in that league based on that.

What we can't say is what we'd do with the same amount of cash available to us.

Anyone with an "English team" who is not a guff themselves has no right to comment on any fitba matter. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if Manchester United signed the complete Aberdeen side that were glorious in May 1983 I still wouldn't support the cunts. I support Aberdeen because my Great Grandfather and Grandfather did, because my Dad does and my son does. It's in my fucking blood. 0% of that support gets given to any other fucking team - if I really had to I would choose a Highland League team or something local - not a team full of pricks that play in England and are supported by a bunch of Nigel wankers and 200 million Asians. Any fucking one of you that has that as part of their life, take a long fucking hard look at yourself next time you are in front of a mirror. What you see looking back at you is a Grade A wanker.

Now that's a post.

Anyone with an "English team" who is not a guff themselves has no right to comment on any fitba matter. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if Manchester United signed the complete Aberdeen side that were glorious in May 1983 I still wouldn't support the cunts. I support Aberdeen because my Great Grandfather and Grandfather did, because my Dad does and my son does. It's in my fucking blood. 0% of that support gets given to any other fucking team - if I really had to I would choose a Highland League team or something local - not a team full of pricks that play in England and are supported by a bunch of Nigel wankers and 200 million Asians. Any fucking one of you that has that as part of their life, take a long fucking hard look at yourself next time you are in front of a mirror. What you see looking back at you is a Grade A wanker.

Quality post.

I've never really understood this type of discussion - I get what your talking about but do any of you think that there's people in Ireland, Wales or even the Scilly Isles talking about where their team would place in the Scottish set up?

They might, but I'm doubtful.

It was the same in that BBC Scotland documentary about the Scottish game - last episode the people were comparing us to the English leagues and how 'we've been left behind' or similar sentiments.

How are we the same as England - we're not. We're just a nearby country.

How would Aberdeen do in the English leagues - don't know, don't care - it's hun & tim talk.

So c'mon then hatters - would the famous romp to victory in the MLS in its current incarnation?

Could we get a champions league berth if we did a stint in the Ukrainian prem?

Agree totally. Nonsensical chat, perpetuated mainly by those who love slagging off anything and everything about Scotland.

This is exactly my point. The EPL is all that is wrong with football these days it's all about money...all most of the clubs (bar the top 6) are concerned with is maintaining their EPL status and staying on the gravy train. So they play weakened sides in both cup competitions and in the Europa League if they happen qualify for it. The money on offer in the Europa is peanuts compared to maintaining their EPL status so they don't give a flying fuck about it.

The EPL is full of average players and mercenaries who are nowhere near worth the transfer fees they went for or the wages paid to them. But my point all along has been that even though a high percentage of players in the EPL are average compared to the real top players they are still of a far higher standard than what is on offer in the SPFL. Therefore for anyone to matter of factly just state that Aberdeen would beat EPL club X, Y or Z isn't dealing with reality. We would be massive underdogs against any full strength EPL team. To think otherwise is just silly. But it doesn't change the fact that it's over hyped crap and most of the games on offer are tedious bullshit. Fuck knows why there is such worldwide interest in it.

Careful. Youre in danger of talking too much sense there, mate.

Aberdeen would be relegated from the EPL and wouldn't get close to getting promotion back into it. Cos we are shite compared to that standard. It's hard for the young loons to see this let alone accept it. The average wage diff will be twenty fold or whatever and whilst that's obviously been inflated by the obscenity that is their business model (and UEFA's), there's a reason our journeymen hackers are considerably worse than theirs. When someone invests so much time and energy supporting a club, they don't want to admit the truth when it's this ugly.

I'm not saying the EPL is great. I couldn't be arsed with it and don't even watch MOTD these days. I'll see it if it's on in the pub but I have seen a few games recently, one which was class but the rest are as tedious as has become the norm these past few years. Even the best performance I remember from AFC this century (v. Hibs last month) was littered by embarrassing mistakes, gifting GMS his first two. Too many shit footballers in the SPFL including many at AFC.

Most young loons see this reality. Its the middle aged blokes on here who struggle to accept that our level is not as good as top Championship lower PL. If it was, wed have qualified for EL by now. Folk going LAWL about Benteke, Townsend etc is delusional. Id walk to London for those guys to sign for Aberdeen. Scoffing at Belgian internationals when we cant get anyone in the fucking Scotland squad. Bizarre.

I still can't keep a straight face when I hear someone with an Aberdonian accent declaring that they are 'big Man Yoo/Liverpool fans'...

Just sounds ridiculous.

No worse than those following the huns and tims declaring to be big fans of them however the biggest man u fan I know was following them all over the place for years, season ticket holder at Old trafford for years, countless european trips to watch them, I'd love to see you laugh in his face when he declared to being a big Man U fan.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, or, anyone can do what they want, including ignore your barmy 20th Century introverted musings, you strangely opinionated zoomer.

• Downvote 8

Majestic. Wanted to bin twitter after 'wenger oot' spewed everywhere by North East folk.

Doesn't do Scottish football any good when these cunts would rather watch Stoke play Huddersfield on TV than Aberdeen.

It's more the faces she pulls in photographs . Seriously bugs me .

Hard to describe her latest expression. Looks like someone about to offer advice but being mildly bemused at the same time .

Imagine stopping someone who was struggling to change a wheel on their car and saying " you need to turn the nuts anti clockwi.., why do you have hula hops on your fingers ?"

That's the face you would have .

Maybe needed a jump start.