Life Without The Ugly Sisters

Guest milne_afc

Would be fucking brilliant.

One has already died however.

Can Sevco be classed as one of the ugly sisters or just a young upstart?

Bastard offspring.

Why wouldn't it be financially viable @@Zander1903?

Genuinely interested why you'd think that.

its been a thought I've had in my head for a while now, hardly a season passes without them hoping to get into the English league setup

I was just thinking without sevco & celtic there should be more interest in the league & cups as there would be more chance of other teams picking up silverware so hopefully that would lead to bigger attendances at games but it would probably mean a short term drop In tv money without the media attention

Cant help feeling theyd want the safety knickers of leaving a colt team in the Scottish set up, just to make sure 80% of the fan base remain outwith our grasp.

Exactly & the twats at the SFA & SPFL would fkn lap it up.

The rest of the leagues teams would be powerless to prevent them doing it because a select few chairmen would also back them.

Would never happen because the guffs wouldn't let them in but if they somehow overcame that obstacle then this would be exactly what they would try to do

Never going to happen so stop torturing yourself thinking about it.

I was just thinking about how good/bad the spl would be without the Huns/Tims?

of course it would give other teams a chance to win things but would it be financially viable?

Like saying; if money didn't exist how would you live your life?

Well it does, so stop day dreaming and accept it.

Not just the clubs though, can their supporters fuck off to another country too?

Think how nice a place scotland would be with out the old firm ever existing.

THIS

If they got their move to england, Their fans would still be here and the media would still be full of it...........probably worse.

England would need to want them too and I can't see the appeal for English clubs. Yes they would add a famous fixture to their list but is the baggage worth it? Imagine Rangers or Celtic fans acting they way they do agains West Ham, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool or worse, Millwall. It would be carnage

Let's be honest Sevco would be left behind they have nothing to offer they think cause they get 40k + following them they are a force.

Newcastle get that and what have they won ?

That said The Promised land would not want the religious drivel that comes from Glasgow poisoning the brand. It's quite funny that if they had removed that element from the song sheet they may have been taken in by EPL now though they have no chance getting in.

Let's be honest Sevco would be left behind they have nothing to offer they think cause they get 40k + following them they are a force.

Newcastle get that and what have they won ?

That said The Promised land would not want the religious drivel that comes from Glasgow poisoning the brand. It's quite funny that if they had removed that element from the song sheet they may have been taken in by EPL now though they have no chance getting in.

if they removed that element, half of their support would disappear

English football coverage is so ubiquitous in Scotland already anyway, I'd worry about what future coverage of the Scottish game would be like if they took Rangers and Celtic away. There are clearly opportunities to be had if they left, I'm just worried if the current people at the top of the SPFL/SFA are the people who I'd want to drive Scottish football forward at such a pivotal moment. Although, I would also guess there might be a sudden exodus of board level type people at the SPFL and SFA if Celtic and Rangers were no longer involved in the Scottish game anyway.

• Site Sponsor

English football coverage is so ubiquitous in Scotland already anyway, I'd worry about what future coverage of the Scottish game would be like if they took Rangers and Celtic away. There are clearly opportunities to be had if they left, I'm just worried if the current people at the top of the SPFL/SFA are the people who I'd want to drive Scottish football forward at such a pivotal moment. Although, I would also guess there might be a sudden exodus of board level type people at the SPFL and SFA if Celtic and Rangers were no longer involved in the Scottish game anyway.

Well, the majority think that those that currently run the SPFL/SFA are fucking useless so if there was a change, hopefully for the better.

"Coverage" of the game should result in more fans actually going to matches at 3pm on a Saturday instead of matches being arranged to suit a TV schedule.

Fuck Sevco

Fuck Smelltic

The ugly sisters wont be moving to the english league, pointless discussion.

You could say similar regarding most of the threads on here.

The SFA/SPFL are shite thread............ yes indeed they are. Pointless discussion

McInnes thread, current topic is him going to sevco........ pointless discussion as he won't

Sevco thread........pointless discussion in general.

Point being that this is a discussions forum for speaking pish, so nothing is really not worth saying, other than this current post. This is a little pointless, as can a lot of my posts be. Maybe slightly tedious even.

But I would just like to say....... after all these pointless points. Well ask a question of you really.

If this in fact is a pointless discussion & therefore another pointless thread. Was it not a little bit pointless that you opened the thread & made a pointless comment?

The only way I can see we could get rid of the two cheeks is to give up the Scottish League altogether and just join the English league. We would all have to start at the bottom but maybe the FA would have a Scottish region section of the pyramid. Would we really be worse of somewhere in some Anglo league than we are just now with the poor TV deals and continued mis-management by the SFA and SPFL?

I live in Dorset and this is a CONSTANT topic of football chat down here. Expanding the conversation with all the sincerity I can muster my suggestions that PSG and Monaco should join the English prem, and maybe Bayern could play in Spain along with the Milan clubs is just met with bafflement.

but the guffs have already accepted the the welsh & indeed a Scottish club into their leagues, so your camparing to Germany etc. is a bit shit. Monaco playing in France maybe but that would be counter productive to your pointless point

You do love a long post don't you. Speaking a lot without saying anything as usual.

Yes. Some might say a little bit pointless. You know,, like your post was & to which I replied with an overextended pointless post just to highlight my pointless point regarding your post being utterly pointless & also ironically hypocritical.

It's actually the work of genius

I live in Dorset and this is a CONSTANT topic of football chat down here. Expanding the conversation with all the sincerity I can muster my suggestions that PSG and Monaco should join the English prem, and maybe Bayern could play in Spain along with the Milan clubs is just met with bafflement.

I've never met an English football supporter that was remotely interested in the arse cheeks playing in England. Always been under the impression it was a complete irrelevance to them.

• Upvote 1