Life Without The Ugly Sisters

I've never met an English football supporter that was remotely interested in the arse cheeks playing in England. Always been under the impression it was a complete irrelevance to them.

I was flying into Aberdeen from Heathrow one Sunday last season, the bigots had been playing the day before and I picked up one of the free papers as you walk onto the plane. There was a small report on the OF game about the size of a postage stamp 6 pages in from the back.

In short, the guffs don't give a shit about them and don't need or want them.

I was flying into Aberdeen from Heathrow one Sunday last season, the bigots had been playing the day before and I picked up one of the free papers as you walk onto the plane. There was a small report on the OF game about the size of a postage stamp 6 pages in from the back.

This. Not only is your average English football fan not interested, they actively don't want the OF anywhere near their league set-up.

Unfortunately it's the likes of Sky who call the shots, not the ordinary fans.

Well, the majority think that those that currently run the SPFL/SFA are fucking useless so if there was a change, hopefully for the better.

"Coverage" of the game should result in more fans actually going to matches at 3pm on a Saturday instead of matches being arranged to suit a TV schedule.

Fuck Sevco

Fuck Smelltic

as much as I would love this to happen, we have to be realistic. There can be a balance between TV schedule and 3pm kick offs. What we need is a tv station with the interests of our gae at heart instead of a station treating it as a side show. Unfortunately we share TV coverage with another country which dominates the vast majority of sports, we also have a shower of pig shit running the game here who feel only one fixture is of any importance so we are fucked either way.

I live in Dorset and this is a CONSTANT topic of football chat down here. Expanding the conversation with all the sincerity I can muster my suggestions that PSG and Monaco should join the English prem, and maybe Bayern could play in Spain along with the Milan clubs is just met with bafflement.

I live near london and its barely ever brought up. When they hear my accent they sometimes ask if I support one of the OF, they look at me as if I have two heads when I say Aberdeen. The english football fans have zero interest in taking the OF down here. Most of them are arrogant cunts when it comes to fitba, they can't see passed their precious EPL and have zero knowledge of any football outside their own borders unless its on sky

correct, why would they care? they have wall to wall coverage and the richest league on the planet. Adding the OF would only increase violence at matches.

The only way I can see we could get rid of the two cheeks is to give up the Scottish League altogether and just join the English league. We would all have to start at the bottom but maybe the FA would have a Scottish region section of the pyramid. Would we really be worse of somewhere in some Anglo league than we are just now with the poor TV deals and continued mis-management by the SFA and SPFL?

Nae a bad idea / first post, funny named dude.

British league created, evryone from Scotland starts at the bottom - make your own way through the leagues and find your level. Would be quite funny getting up to the top leagues ahead of the huns. At the same time withdraw Scotland from international competition. Anyone who wants to go to a World Cup or European Championships does so as a tourist - been doing that since 2000 anyway.

Well my reckoning is that it wouldn't really affect the majority of Scottish clubs as they will still be playing the same teams but within the FA structure they would probably be better off financially. I remember the claim by Jackie McNamara that York City being able to outbid SPFL teams despite being two tiers below league status. We would still have the Scottish Cup, although losing the national team is a problem. Scotland may be shite, but they are still Scotland.

I find it laughable when cheerleaders for the two cheeks say they would be able to improve if they were in the English league. Of course they would but so would all the others, just imagine what we could do if we got the money Championship sides get.

Unfortunately it's the likes of Sky who call the shots, not the ordinary fans.

I don't agree with you on this if you think for one minute that Sky/BT would ever have any say in forcing the bigot brothers move into English football against the will of English football (the biggest and most successful/lucrative and arguably competitive league in the world).

If that ludicrous notion had any credence, it would have actually happened years ago. Not now when it's even more irrelevant.

Nae a bad idea / first post, funny named dude.

British league created, evryone from Scotland starts at the bottom - make your own way through the leagues and find your level. Would be quite funny getting up to the top leagues ahead of the huns. At the same time withdraw Scotland from international competition. Anyone who wants to go to a World Cup or European Championships does so as a tourist - been doing that since 2000 anyway.

If you're going to create a "British League" then why would Scottish clubs all start at the bottom? If we are joining the English FA league set up then ok I get it but British league would suggest an amalgamation so Scottish, English, Welsh or N Irish would all be entitled to be treated equally.

It wouldn't be a new British league, it would be joining the current FA structure. If we got to go in higher then than would be even better for us but I doubt that would be voted in. Of course it's never going to happen, but how else would we eventually get rid of the huns and tims. I mean what the huns have pretty much got away with all this tax and liquidation shite is quite disgusting and the way the governing bodies and media here have tried at every step to let them away with it is just shameful so maybe we should just wash our hands of the whole set up and join the FA.

Neither English or Scottish Football need them and if they moved to England, years without winning a trophy would see the gloryhunter element of their support, ie 75% of it, disappear and they'd be down to 15k gates.

When Rangers went bust the only SPL club that missed them was Celtic as their attendances halved without the other arse cheek to play with.

• Upvote 1

The other teams in Scotland should break away from the current set-up and form their own league. Leave the arse cheeks to play each other every week - see how they like that. Fuckin' minker bastards.

The truth is that if the ugly sisters threatened to leave the rest of the clubs would shite themselves.

The truth is that if the ugly sisters threatened to leave the rest of the clubs would shite themselves.

I suppose it depends

Whilst I think youre right in the board room sense

Surely unless it happened over night the clubs would adjust budgets accordingly (as any business should)

The league itself would be financially poorer in the short term BUT the competition and general joy in the fan bases would be a positive in the medium to long and imo youd see a resurgent and bouyant Scottish game

• 10 months later...

Again... I'll revive my East Coast - West Coast Leagues idea. 

That would keep the Green and Blue Huns over there, while we have a competitive league in the East. 

Winner of each league plays to see who goes through to the CL preliminaries against some Irish mob. 

They could even have two governing bodies/jobs for the boys SPFLE and SPFLW... so there's no fucking bias. 

Can we not just cut oot the fitba and meet on a Saturday and get pissed.

Reestablish the working mans club.

Absolutely.

Perhaps after some years the men will decide to add a little sport or fun as a side activity within the club.

Let's call it "kick ball".

The new sport will grow and grow up until one day huge crowds of men will gather to watch their favourite kick ball players competing.

It'll become a new national sport and nonsense like football will fade into history.

Ps - if we plan ahead now we can found the kick ball association and base it in Aberdeen. No weegies or masons allowed. No blue Huns, no green Huns etc.

Pps - if we really plan ahead we might even manage to win the kick ball world cup! Woohoo!

Ah fuck sorry, I've ruined your honest drinking club.