Experiments With Food

It does look tasty, but I would prefer it withoot the maggots. Fit ever happened to home made chips? I'll just get me coat then.

My ex used to say stuff like that about Food, saying stuff like rice looked like maggots, spaghetti like worms....she had an eating disorder and serious psychological issues, hope you’re okay Old Manny

My ex used to say stuff like that about Food, saying stuff like rice looked like maggots, spaghetti like worms....she had an eating disorder and serious psychological issues, hope you’re okay Old Manny

I'm fine Chewie apart from a wee foot in mouth disorder which breaks out every now and again. Did you punt your Missus for her culinary failings, grounds for divorce if ever there was, or her psychopathic tendencies? A man can live with the latter, but a badly cooked Sunday roast is unforgivable.

I'm fine Chewie apart from a wee foot in mouth disorder which breaks out every now and again. Did you punt your Missus for her culinary failings, grounds for divorce if ever there was, or her psychopathic tendencies? A man can live with the latter, but a badly cooked Sunday roast is unforgivable.

All of the above, mainly the roast, unforgivable

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have any food that you probably wouldn't eat in public?

I'm waiting on a manny coming to fix the windows. Currently wolfing down peanut butter/ jam on toast, not everyone approves of that combo (pedos imo)

Good combo. Melted cheese on top only adds to the excellence.

• 1 month later...

Away to make Chili today, sort of a bastardized older Jamie Oliver recipe that i have chopped and changed, a lot of it's done as you go and what you feel it needs as you are cooking it, just add or leave out to depending on your taste. ( i like it hot so normally put heeps of chilies and extra chilli powder in it.....Be prepared for a lot of blitzing! :itch-chin:

2 onions

3 or 4 cloves garlic

1Ib steak

7oz sun dried tomatoes in oil

1 or 2 tablespoons tomato puree

2 tins of tomatoes

1 tin red kidney beans

beer of choice

Red Chillies  (depends what type and how hot you want to make it)

Dark chocolate usually 4-6 squares

olive oil

2 beef stock cubes

Spices

3 teaspoons chili powder

2 ts ground cumin

1 ts smoked Paprika

1 ts cayenne pepper

1 ts ground coriander

1 ts oregano

small stick of cinnamon

salt and pepper

Blitz the onions and garlic in food processor till finely chopped , fry in olive oil till soft , add the spices and blitzed fresh chilies.

add the steak blitzed in food processor and continue to cook, stirring until browned.

Blitz the sun dried tomatoes in a little oil from the jar to make a paste, add these and the puree to the beef along with the stock cubes and bottle of beer and kidney beans..... bring to the boil and simmer for yonks (add water if drying up) add chocolate (not too much usually I add a few squares at a time and taste) continue cooking off, usually I cook it for about 5 hours on hob at low heat. Eat the day after with a dod o sour cream some cheddar cheese and some coriander leaves sprinkled on top.

Ha Just referring back to this for chili I am making just now and notice I said 1lb of steak (or mince) when I meant 1kilo :poster_oops::clangers2: 

Will give this a go next weekend, never thought to add chocolate or beer to ma Chilli if I am being honest.

Get a really nice strong Porter in it. And a tiny wee bit finely ground coffee beans.

If you have a big occasion you can buy Mexican chilliest aff the net you rehydrate and can add to it. Not spicy but nice and smokey.

Guest Singaporesteve

Beef flavor super noodles and a tin of macaroni cheese mixed together.  Great midnight munchies back in the day.