Scott Wright

I've been an advocate of playing Scotty Wright last season especially when DM wouldn't, so it's a pity that he didn't take the chance to show what he can do against St J and Livi.

I saw him score goals for the U20s a few years ago and I was at Firhill when he scored a super hatrick in our 6-0 win a couple of years ago which I think was his first start for the 1st team. He did that from a free role and watching him dither last night I am now convinced he is not a winger but a no. 10 who can use his pace around the box where it counts. He is low in confidence now after these games, but will get it back later in the season if he has the right attitude and works hard. 

• Site Sponsor

I've been an advocate of playing Scotty Wright last season especially when DM wouldn't, so it's a pity that he didn't take the chance to show what he can do against St J and Livi.

I saw him score goals for the U20s a few years ago and I was at Firhill when he scored a super hatrick in our 6-0 win a couple of years ago which I think was his first start for the 1st team. He did that from a free role and watching him dither last night I am now convinced he is not a winger but a no. 10 who can use his pace around the box where it counts. He is low in confidence now after these games, but will get it back later in the season if he has the right attitude and works hard.

When he first broke into the first team he showed flashes of what he can do but he was only played sparingly and his form dipped.

Was told back then by backroom staff that he's a "confidence" player.

I've a lot of time for the Loon, but there comes a point that you can only carry a player for so long before making the decision to persivere or punt him out on loan and I think its the latter.

Been fucking awful last couple of games and rightly hooked at half time v Livi which will probably knock his confidence further.

Needs to toughen up and show that he has the balls to command a first team place or you'd have to think that he'll be another who flattered to deceive.

I think we’ve established beyond reasonable doubt that Derek doesn’t/can’t do 10’s

• Downvote 1

When he first broke into the first team he showed flashes of what he can do but he was only played sparingly and his form dipped.

Was told back then by backroom staff that he's a "confidence" player.

I've a lot of time for the Loon, but there comes a point that you can only carry a player for so long before making the decision to persivere or punt him out on loan and I think its the latter.

Been fucking awful last couple of games and rightly hooked at half time v Livi which will probably knock his confidence further.

Needs to toughen up and show that he has the balls to command a first team place or you'd have to think that he'll be another who flattered to deceive.

I've put him into the soft as shite category Dom.

Not read every comment on here but some of the stuff on twitter etc. are ridiculous.

People saying we should get rid and even sell?? He's a young loon for christ sakes, put him out on loan - like we did with Pawlett and let him come back and see if he has the ability and mentality and i suppose physicallity to play for us on a regular basis. If not then get rid.

I don't think he's shite, like someone else mentioned he's a confidence player and one of our own - we've got to try and protect these boys and try and let them flourish - there's definitely talent there.

I'm all for criticising the likes of McGinn etc. as he's a 30year old pro who should be delivering more than what he has done. Wright has had like 3 starts this season with another 4 from the bench.

Give the loon time, i think there's a player there... let him go out on loan to a championship team or somewhere and let him find his confidence again and play week in week out.

• Upvote 1

Not read every comment on here but some of the stuff on twitter etc. are ridiculous.

People saying we should get rid and even sell?? He's a young loon for christ sakes, put him out on loan - like we did with Pawlett and let him come back and see if he has the ability and mentality and i suppose physicallity to play for us on a regular basis. If not then get rid.

I don't think he's shite, like someone else mentioned he's a confidence player and one of our own - we've got to try and protect these boys and try and let them flourish - there's definitely talent there.

I'm all for criticising the likes of McGinn etc. as he's a 30year old pro who should be delivering more than what he has done. Wright has had like 3 starts this season with another 4 from the bench.

Give the loon time, i think there's a player there... let him go out on loan to a championship team or somewhere and let him find his confidence again and play week in week out.

Concur. He, Forrester, Tansey and Cosgrove.  They're not good enough to be regular at this level yet.

He hasn't got the heart.

Gets a few knocks and it knocks the stuffing out of him.

Someone else described him as a girls blouse and i think thats pretty accurate. Has always struck me as a coddled loon and he's the type of player weegies love saying is typical of Aberdonians. Soft and from rich homes with 3 or 4 cars in the driveway.

The complete opposite of Ryan Fraser, who got hacked at every opportunity when he was here, and he just got back up and carried on.

Same with Hayes. 

The complete opposite of Ryan Fraser, who got hacked at every opportunity when he was here, and he just got back up and carried on.

Same with Hayes. 

Taken from a post back in 2012 by Barassie_afc (RIP).... this is one of the massive reasons that Ryan Fraser has developed into such a fantastic player:

Saved the best for last. I remember when Tup was spunking himself silly about Maguire and I mentioned he doesnt have heart.

Frasers technical ability is there, but over and above that , a heart of a lion as a i said earlier , he gets BRUTALISED all game, gets back up and says fuck you, I am going to beat you again. I dont think in all my time I have seen a young man with so much courage and desire, Maguire didnt have it, and neither did Fyvie. Young man I would pay to watch you every week. - 10 out of 10, sensational, get him on a big contract now.

I truly enjoyed today, well done Aberdeen

Taken from a post back in 2012 by Barassie_afc (RIP).... this is one of the massive reasons that Ryan Fraser has developed into such a fantastic player:

VERY similar to Gordon Strachan as a player. Not just in size/stature but also in abilities/desire/determination

Some may think this is way too generous towards Fraser but I do not, not even slightly.

• 1 month later...

Did Considine not go mental about folk hacking Fraser all the time and him getting fuck all protection from referees?

Still, he fucked us over big time and seems to revel in slagging the club at any opportunity he gets.  Fuck the fat cunt.

• Upvote 1

Scott hasn't had 3 or 4 starts in the team this season. He has been in and out coming on for 5 or 15 minutes in most cases.

Hopefully he has gone on loan with an understanding that he plays the majority of the games for Dundee. I hope McInness and Dundee see Scott as more of a midfielder than a winger. Like Pawlett I hope that Scott gains confidence with game time and shows the potential that most of us know he has.

Scott should have been out on loan two seasons ago so McInness has made a mistake with the lads career so hopefully Derek gives him the chance to play out the rest of the season with Dundee and then back in the first team next season to see what he can do before giving up with what is a local lad.

He is one of our own remember.

• Upvote 1

Scott hasn't had 3 or 4 starts in the team this season. He has been in and out coming on for 5 or 15 minutes in most cases.

Hopefully he has gone on loan with an understanding that he plays the majority of the games for Dundee. I hope McInness and Dundee see Scott as more of a midfielder than a winger. Like Pawlett I hope that Scott gains confidence with game time and shows the potential that most of us know he has.

Scott should have been out on loan two seasons ago so McInness has made a mistake with the lads career so hopefully Derek gives him the chance to play out the rest of the season with Dundee and then back in the first team next season to see what he can do before giving up with what is a local lad.

McInnes not develop a youth properly?  Fucking doubt it.

And before anyone fucking starts about McKenna let's just remember that he tried to send him on loan to Livingston on his breakthrough season.

Scott should have been out on loan two seasons ago so McInnes has made a mistake with the lads career so hopefully Derek gives him the chance to play out the rest of the season with Dundee and then back in the first team next season to see what he can do before giving up with what is a local lad.

Totally agree with the bit in bold.

• Upvote 1