For me Vernon is half way between the ideas already suggested. I thought he was much better on Saturday, compared to most other games this season. He did some good things, without having too many clear chances himself. However, I also agree that he's nowhere near the Vernon of the past 2 seasons.

If someone will take him in summer, we perhaps have to consider it; particular as a high earner. I wouldn't lump him in the deadwood category with Langfield, Clark, Hughes and Fallon though.

For me Ryan Jack was MoM. McGinn played well and scored a great goal, but I thought Jack was fantastic throughout.

Agreed Anderson seemed back to his best and dealt well with the big lump upfront. He reminded me of Magennis but bigger. Not a great footballer, but still causes the defence problems.

On that note I think the cricism Magennis gets can be a bit OTT at times. Sure, he lacks some basic footballing skills. At least he puts in double the effort than Hughes for half the wages. Before any says "Mackie put in effort", Josh has a lot more about him. Not saying he's great, or even deserves a new contract but he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. He is also not a defender, despite one of his best performances this season being at Left Back. Over the past 2 games he's created several chances for himself and others just by harrassing defenders.