Aberdeen V Hearts (1 - 3)

Robson gave the ref a decision to make with his 2nd. Which was pretty daft given how the first half had gone.

I honestly can't remember seeing a player getting booked for breaking out the wall and being too close. I'll be keeping an eagle eye on this at all times now!

To be honest. It's very rarely that a free kick is retaken now for players breaking forward from the wall because it happens a lot less than in the past but it's always a booking.

Same as when a player crosses the line early during a penalty. The penalty is retaken & the player is booked. Seems to happen a lot less than in the past though.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long watched the lowlights on Sportscene.

From what was seen on the reel we had plenty of possession and shots, and of we'd converted the penalty ( never a pen by the way) then we're home and dry.

Robson's 2nd yellow is never a yellow.

A free kick yes and a ticking off but never a yellow. But that being said he shouldn't have made the challenge anyway. Unnecessary.

Michael Hector at the 2nd goal was woeful. Really inept.

Earned his place after a good enough game against Partick. Has earned Joe his recall with his play for the 2nd goal.

We've a break to regroup now, and then a tough game down at Celtic, and its all the harder with the absence of both Flood and Robson.

Disappointing day for the dons, but there's still promising signs.

The panel seem to agree we were hard done by.

Curious how the pen award we did get wasn't a pen, but the original shout was a clear pen AND a red card.

Robson was stupid and only has himself to blame, even if it was harsh. The challenge in the middle of the park was as needless as it was reckless.

We should have won, no ifs and buts about that, BUT it's how McInnes and co. regroup that will make or break our season, imo.

The highlights don't show how bad the referee actually was. From the highlights he doesn't look that bad. Like has been said, Hamill could have had 3 or 4 yellow cards for numerous things, I never took much notice of him until Saturday but he really is a little f**king mink isn't he? Horrible c**t.

What lost us that game was McGinn missing the pen (never a pen in a million years, anyhow, smash it down the middle, no keeper ever just stands there, they always dive) and Robson committing an unneccesary challenge when already on a yellow. Was the first yellow deserved? By the letter of the law, unfortunately, yes.

Considine's header when still 1-0 up just down to 10 men wasn't shown, I was in section Y so don't know how far out he was, but looked like a shocking header, unchallenged from around 6 yards out, must have went about double that wide. First goal was poorly defended by us. Hector was f**king shocking for their second goal, what the f**k was he doing? I could have skinned him there and I am about as quick and skillful as my grunny. The third goal we just got caught out going for the equaliser, great finish from the boy, no one would have saved that.

Pissed off at the ref and the result but not the performance.

I used to think that Gollum was the worst ref in Scottish football until Brines surpassed him.

tup's man Adams is a little bit raging that Goodwin stayed on the park tonight (much like we all were regarding Hammil) but he may have a point cos Goodwin is a dirty fucker most of the time (as is Hammil) & yet gets through a lot of games unpunished.

Adams comments

Derek Adams questioned why Jim Goodwin remained on the park after nine-man Ross County lost 2-1 to St Mirren.

Steven Saunders pulled a goal back as they trailed by two goals, only for the defender and Ivan Sproule to both receive red cards within five minutes.

"We had a stonewall penalty with a handball from Jim Goodwin," said Adams. "He seems to be immune from anything.

"There were two sending offs and Goodwin probably committed the most fouls in the match of any player."

But simple fact is that County were lucky to get a chance of a replay cos they were getting easily beat in the pissing rain last time.