shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:15 AM

Interesting

What's your views on What Gerrard said post match?

Haven't heard them directly from Gerrard, I was at the game and I haven't seen or heard any TV or radio.

They were better than Aberdeen however that wasn't very hard, both teams were shite actually.

#14702 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,512 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:42 AM

shut up meg, on 06 Aug 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Haven't heard them directly from Gerrard, I was at the game and I haven't seen or heard any TV or radio.
They were better than Aberdeen however that wasn't very hard, both teams were shite actually.

I agree with this, obviously harder to judge rangers as they were down to 10 men but based on the 11 v 10 neither side should be feeling confident about challenging celtic.

Edited by RUL, 06 August 2018 - 07:42 AM.

#14703 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:49 AM

Folk bleating about us being unable to break down 10 men. They parked the bus for the duration of the game and just tried hitting us on the break, our only in was to pump needless balls into the box to Cosgrove, who wasn't winning anything on the night, and May, whos never going to win any headers.  If you look at most games where it's 11v10, it usually ends up a lot tougher for the 11 because the 10 just shut up shop.  We were pretty shite going forward, admitedly, but there was very little space in behind for any kind of ball other than over the top.  

Forrester was really disappointing. He looked out of his depth and made so many silly little mistakes. I'm hoping it was just nerves, but i'm not so sure. 

#14704 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:50 AM

Don't agree prick. If I'm a pap fuck knows what you are? DM in disguise?

You're the one making a cunt of yourself.

McInnes doesn't play enough young players but he has McKenna at centre half, Ferguson in midfield and Cosgrove upfront. Added to that Dean Campbell and Bruce Anderson on the bench, one who came on and scored, the other came on at a crucial point in the game against Celtic last season.

Trying to suggest he was forced into playing these players is total nonsense too.

#14705 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,860 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:53 AM

Folk bleating about us being unable to break down 10 men. They parked the bus for the duration of the game and just tried hitting us on the break, our only in was to pump needless balls into the box to Cosgrove, who wasn't winning anything on the night, and May, whos never going to win any headers.  If you look at most games where it's 11v10, it usually ends up a lot tougher for the 11 because the 10 just shut up shop.  We were pretty shite going forward, admitedly, but there was very little space in behind for any kind of ball other than over the top.  

Forrester was really disappointing. He looked out of his depth and made so many silly little mistakes. I'm hoping it was just nerves, but i'm not so sure. 

Wouldn't agree with that exactly and certainly not with "our only in was pumping balls to Cosgrove"

Rangers were playing very narrow.

We should have been getting it wide and asking our wingers to take on their full backs.

With the amount of possession we had they'd likely have been giving away repeated fouls of we kept taking them on down the flanks every time.

And if McGinn or GMS got by their man then get to the by line and whip it back from there.

Instead for much if he match we mixed long balls and lots of early crosses with attempts to go through the middle. All pointless and completely the wrong thing to do.

Edited by V for Vendetta, 06 August 2018 - 07:56 AM.

#14706 OFFLINE   Donnet

Donnet

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Joined 01-June 17

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

Myth I've seen numerous folk saying. Are you just copying what you hear the idiots on the radio say? We played 2 balls into the box for Cosgrove all game. He won 1 header and lost the other. 

#14707 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

Wouldn't agree with that exactly and certainly not with "our only in was pumping balls to Cosgrove"

Rangers were playing very narrow.

We should have been getting it wide and asking our wingers to take on their full backs.

With the amount of possession we had they'd likely have been giving away repeated fouls of we kept taking them on down the flanks every time.

And if McGinn or GMS got by their man then get to the by line and whip it back from there.

Instead for much if he match we mixed long balls and lots of early crosses with attempts to go through the middle. All pointless and completely the wrong thing to do.

The amount of times that GMS had acres of space down the left, and we played the ball through the middle was criminal. 

#14708 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,860 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

You're the one making a cunt of yourself.

McInnes doesn't play enough young players but he has McKenna at centre half, Ferguson in midfield and Cosgrove upfront. Added to that Dean Campbell and Bruce Anderson on the bench, one who came on and scored, the other came on at a crucial point in the game against Celtic last season.

Trying to suggest he was forced into playing these players is total nonsense too.

True.

Only criticism in this regard is maybe Harrington should have been in at RB - and in fact he should have played some of the friendlies there which was a bit of a mistake imo.

#14709 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,860 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

The amount of times that GMS had acres of space down the left, and we played the ball through the middle was criminal. 

Yep. We had 80 minutes and 2 tricky wide players on the pitch. They should have been told to hug the touchline and fed every single ball and commit their man every time.

Outcome would have been either lots of better crosses to attack OR Rangers quite possibly losing another player.

#14710 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

True.

Only criticism in this regard is maybe Harrington should have been in at RB - and in fact he should have played some of the friendlies there which was a bit of a mistake imo.

Each to their own but from what I've seen I don't think he's ready.

#14711 OFFLINE   thedandydon

thedandydon

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 06-November 06

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

We’ll be in a better position to gauge how well McInnes has or hasn’t done in the transfer market over the next few weeks once the window closes and those brought in have a good half dozen games under their belt. Forrester and Gleeson are still raw to the Scottish game so we’ll see how they settle, Ferguson and Devlin have started well, the former especially could be a great bit of business. Ball we already know his strengths and weaknesses and should really be kept out of the back four. Hoban has been ok from what we’ve seen but was always going to be a risk with his past injuries.

That said, it’s pretty clear we need to add an attacking threat from somewhere as May and Cosgrove aren’t the answer up front (it would appear). It’ll be a big call whoever Derek brings in up top as they’ll be expected to hit the ground running.

Bit disappointing to hear him say he’s prioritising defensive cover but probably highlights how fragile our squad is when we pick up a few injuries. Pretty sure Ball was always pencilled in to replace Logan at RB for the duration of this suspension but we’ve needed proper RB cover for ages.

The one positive however is that we do seem to have a good crop of youngsters coming through who’ve done really well when called upon so lets hope they continue to get their chance.  

#14712 ONLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

Tactically inept.

Poor at recruiting players.

Talks well.

Birds n GIBers fancy him.

#14713 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,038 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Interesting

What's your views on What Gerrard said post match?

I was at the game  

BOOM !

limericks etc..,

4 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)