If You Had To Disappear, How Would You Do It?

Poodler

Continuing from another thread.

Tips/ advice for those wanting to go off the grid

I suggested a bus journey to London then a bus/ Eurostar to Paris, all paid in cash, and in a disguise.

This was so that the authorities couldn't rule out suicide - they potentially could if they had evidence that you boarded a plane to start your journey.

You'd need a lot of cash - stockpiled over time, not withdrawn right before vanishing - that's obvious you're flitting and not deed.

New phone/ SIM card. Perhaps fake social media account to keep an eye on the missing person campaign.

Where would you go? What would you wear? Would you do odd jobs along the way? Would you try contact home?

All my belongings in a bundle tied to a stick. Brisk walk whilst whistling.

What was the name of the TV program where folk had to try and disappear and go on the run? I fancied doing it.

The difficult part of disappearing in/from the UK is the number of cctv cameras everywhere! The trick would be in a decent disguise and also getting a start or a window of time where you can move a reasonable distance before surfacing looking different.

What was the name of the TV program where folk had to try and disappear and go on the run? I fancied doing it.

The difficult part of disappearing in/from the UK is the number of cctv cameras everywhere! The trick would be in a decent disguise and also getting a start or a window of time where you can move a reasonable distance before surfacing looking different.

With all the reliance on CCTV these days, I often wondered about doing a crime dressed in a wacky disguise and a boiler suit.

Run like fuck to a camera blindspot, presto change-o into normal attire, torch the boiiler suit etc. and walk calmy away.   Would they ever catch you?

Would obviously need to be an appropriate blindspot in a reasonably busy location.  Wouldn't work if you were filmed going into a bog in the disguise and then coming out of a burning bog in your civvies.

• Upvote 1

With all the reliance on CCTV these days, I often wondered about doing a crime dressed in a wacky disguise and a boiler suit.

Run like fuck to a camera blindspot, presto change-o into normal attire, torch the boiiler suit etc. and walk calmy away.   Would they ever catch you?

Would obviously need to be an appropriate blindspot in a reasonably busy location.  Wouldn't work if you were filmed going into a bog in the disguise and then coming out of a burning bog in your civvies.

Could just claim you’re a superhero?

Hunted. New series about to start.

Run like fuck to a camera blindspot, presto change-o into normal attire, torch the boiiler suit etc. and walk calmy away. Would they ever catch you?

Would obviously need to be an appropriate blindspot in a reasonably busy location. Wouldn't work if you were filmed going into a bog in the disguise and then coming out of a burning bog in your civvies.

Presuming it’s probably true but the new series of Luther had a killer with LED lights sewn into the hood he wore over his head, and apparently that makes cctv unable to distinguish your face.

Anyone seen the series 'Alone'?

Bunch of lads dropped off in the wilderness to see how long they can survive. These are all guys that fancy themselves as outdoors/survivor types. 

First one quit after night one because a couple of black bears came sniffing roon his tent. 

Meanwhile this lad... balls of fucking iron!

That’s the boy

What’s the rules just not to get found? Do you win cash?

Surely you just take out enough money launch your phone, get your mate to pick you up with another set of clothes and cash in a park somewhere where there are no camera’s then out on the lash with a fake tache for the 3 days or whatever it is.

Might apply to go on with Poodler.

What’s the rules just not to get found? Do you win cash?

Surely you just take out enough money launch your phone, get your mate to pick you up with another set of clothes and cash in a park somewhere where there are no camera’s then out on the lash with a fake tache for the 3 days or whatever it is.

Might apply to go on with Poodler.

You want to strip in a car park with Poodler?

Think there’s a team of professional “Hunters” who try and catch you within a month. It was pretty interesting seeing how easy it was to leave a trail to follow

Haunted would be a piece of piss until they gave you the location at the end that other contestants can fuck up for you.

Head to the hills with tinned food and a tent, speak to nae cunt.

Train to corrour. Head west. Remote as fuck. And wild. Alternatively, Glen Affric. Would actually be quite easy to disappear for a week (or however long you could stretch food provisions)

Think there’s a team of professional “Hunters” who try and catch you within a month. It was pretty interesting seeing how easy it was to leave a trail to follow

Caught a bit of this and they had proper camera teams following them.  Seems a bit of a give-away to allow the public to notice...

• Downvote 1