Allan Russell

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I am very excited by this BUT

Is there not something weird about him being so highly revered and for want of a better way of putting it... coming to us!?

Whys he not at a premiership club?

Good mates with Glass after playing together, move here will suit him, where as other clubs may not be willing to compromise.

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Someone like Ravel Morrison would be pretty exciting although he’s done very little in recent years. 

I thought aboot him a couple of weeks ago inna after reading he'd left Den Haag. Wages would be a stretch and he was a well documented heed-the-ba, but he's a free agent and in fairness it's been a few years since his last acid attack / death threat prosecution. Proper box office stuff ?

4 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I thought aboot him a couple of weeks ago inna after reading he'd left Den Haag. Wages would be a stretch and he was a well documented heed-the-ba, but he's a free agent and in fairness it's been a few years since his last acid attack / death threat prosecution. Proper box office stuff ?

Surely be the perfect fit alongside Brown and Griffiths? 

looks as if he works with a lot of players in a pre pre season if you like. Not sure if that’s something he will still be able to do now at aberdeen. Maybe get a few decent free agents training at cormack park? 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That doesn't make sense to me though

If he is THAT good, then bigger teams would have snapped him up by now, even allowing part time with England 

It will be fine Millertime. 

Anything will be better than watching Tony Docherty putting the strikers through the same old routine before kick off every game. 

The useless cunts never got better at it anyway. Miss after miss after miss.  Shocking display some weeks. 

50 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That doesn't make sense to me though

If he is THAT good, then bigger teams would have snapped him up by now, even allowing part time with England 

That works 2 ways

If he was utterly shite (or even bang average)....why would England have given him a job and have now extended his contract until after the 2022 WC

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

I am very excited by this BUT

Is there not something weird about him being so highly revered and for want of a better way of putting it... coming to us!?

Whys he not at a premiership club?

Most guys get their foot in the door with ex teammates etc. 

He's getting his chance at full time football, rather than individual and specific training for clients and the England National Team, with us, 

Just enjoy the fact someone reputable is joining us, and it should result in us scoring more goals next season. 

13 hours ago, slippers said:

Pretty excited at the prospect of signing players we have actually heard of! 

Logic doesn't hold mate, we knew who McNamara, Wilson, Tansey, Bryson, May were and they tanked here.

Whereas unknowns like Watkins & Hedges have come here and been brilliant.

Get the RIGHT players, not celebreties.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The ballsy approach would be to come in and stick Ruth up front until the summer and invest time and effort into him. Risky though. 

Not really sure how much we would learn, given that 2 of the games are against the arse cheeks, where we struggle to get more than 35% possession. We will certainly learn a lot about MacKenzie and Ramsay though.

And we have to make a bit of an effort in the Cup, given to favourable draw and the reward on offer for winning it. Unlikely I know, but from the little I've seen of Ruth, he looks a bit lightweight still and so I think we will go with the loan strikers in some sort of combination. If the Hibs match is a dead rubber then maybe give him a run out in that game

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not really sure how much we would learn, given that 2 of the games are against the arse cheeks, where we struggle to get more than 35% possession. We will certainly learn a lot about MacKenzie and Ramsay though.

And we have to make a bit of an effort in the Cup, given to favourable draw and the reward on offer for winning it. Unlikely I know, but from the little I've seen of Ruth, he looks a bit lightweight still and so I think we will go with the loan strikers in some sort of combination. If the Hibs match is a dead rubber then maybe give him a run out in that game

Aye its a risky move. 

He'll have to get a tune out of the three loanees then.