The Mckenna Dilemma

I watch way more than 6 teams and more than one sport. Admitting I know nothing about these players is honest. I dont scout and evaluate them. I'm not a professional and it is not my career.

Aberdeen can probably offer more than a little club in costa rica as johan jimmy butlered his way out of minnesota.

I'm just not claiming to be an expert on things I dont focus on professionally. I just am self aware and know what i dont know. But that comes with having success, money, traveling the world, and seeing a lot of things.

Generally it's negative insult driven posts like yours that say an awful lot about you... and only you.

Genius.

Good point. You could make the same point for Australian players. The player who was just loaned by Man City to Celtic (young guy, name escapes me) will do well in Scotland if given a chance and would cost next to nothing. However, given the transferring club are owned by Man City, it kinda makes things tough.There are a lot of young guys here with potential..visa rules etc make them difficult to export.

Aberdeen's capacity to 'scout' or even pay token fees appears severely restricted. We've cut our cloth accordingly.

Arzani was about out of contract. He could have stayed put for a few more months and came over on a free where some team could have skipped the transfer and paid him good. Another kid skipped from sporting kc to sign with man city. He's on loan and not even sure he's a regular there. He did have a nice spell at porto b though. I guess my point is aberdeen is a great launching point for a career. If you take em on loan like lowe you develop them but never get that transfer fee to help the club. No risk no reward. One thing Aberdeen has is minutes to give along with a lot of exposure.

Wolves could quite easily splash the cash in January for McKenna, especially if they are still going well in the league.

The added interest from the likes of Norwich, Swansea, Villa etc. is all going to help boost a wee bidding war in our favour.

Wolves would be a great move for him & us. Hopefully a decent sell on claus as well.

In other news. Mourinho is after a central defender to with rumoured links to/for Napoli's Koulibaly & also Fiorentina's £40m rated 21 year old Milenkovic.

City considering a bid of £40m for Bournemouth's 23 year old defender Ake

So looks like there could be a few high money defenders moving around in January & we might see Bournemouth added to the list of McKenna chasers. Which would be another decent club for him/us in terms of potential future sell on to bigger things.

• 1 month later...