Straw Poll - McInnes: Stay or Go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. McInnes: Stay or Go?

• McInnes is God!
    • McInnes must Go!

He's made some mistakes and is still making them but I don't think it's time for him to go. If he wants to stay he will and he will rebuild the squad again in the summer. I just hope he makes a better job of it this time.

His team are still in 3rd place and in the quarter-finals of the SC. We finished second last season ahead of the huns (who had at least 3x our budget) and made both cup finals. The much lauded Neil Lennon and his Hibernian team would love to swap places with us for both our current position and also last seasons achievements.

Does McInnes need to up his game? Without a doubt. Does he deserve to be sacked? No he doesn't and there is no way he will be.

• Upvote 4

If he wants to stay he will and he will rebuild the squad again in the summer. I just hope he makes a better job of it this time.

But instead of him rebuilding the squad, might it not be easier to replace the manager and see if the new incumbent couldn't get more with the squad he (or she) inherits ?

Most of us agree on paper that most of the players are good enough... So maybe the manager isn't getting the best out of them where another one could ? Just throwing that out there...

I don't think we can afford better, he's limited but we've had much worse. Really needs to shake off the big game bottle tag or it will haunt him and hurt his career.

Never playing AOC again would be a small step, never a footballer. Rooney is a slow striker as well, on the wing, wtf. Wright and Storie break through and have great starts never to be seen again, what is going on with the youth.

I'm in the "hope an English club come in for him" camp. Fuck paying him off.

I think he's gone as far as he can and he's looking and sounding more and more clueless as the weeks go on. He'll also never fully recover from his blatant hunnery last year.

EDIT: Didn't vote because it's a pish question.

Well, he has, he turned them down

If imbeciles see something in it that isn't there that's their failing

He turned them down, how plainer can it be

If you think that had the huns not made such a cunt of the approach and were they not in such dire circumstances financially, that McInnes wouldn't have left, then I've a bridge in Brooklyn that you might like to buy.

For two years McInnes declared his undying love for Aberdeen, yet when Traynor and co launched a damn near unprecedented media campaign to destabilise us, McInnes sat by and let it happen. He could have killed it dead immediately by simply saying "I'm not interested", but he didn't. Why? Because he saw the potential for personal benefit, despite the clear effect that said campaign was having on us. Hardly the actions of a man who truly loves AFC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's neither a god or deserves to go - good way of putting people off voting. You're making out people voting for him to stay are all happy clappers that can see no wrong, which isn't the case.

Any thoughts of sacking him are ridiculous. Team needs to improve but we've been here before, was discussions two seasons ago that he'd lost the dressing room. At various points it's been suggested he'd taken us as far as he could, only for us to hand out seven goal hidings and reach cup finals.

Let's wait until summer and see how this season actually pans out first before pressing the panic button. He deserves that at least.

• Upvote 4

I seriously doubt he came to any sort of agreement with the hun to go there in the future considering the way they publicly slated him in the concomitant statement after he turned them down.

Aye this sort of hyperbole does us no favours like. There's been a few mental statements on here like claiming he was even selecting the huns starting XI for their next game. Blatantly pish.

I seriously doubt he came to any sort of agreement with the hun to go there in the future considering the way they publicly slated him in the concomitant statement after he turned them down.

We'll see in time. They're the masters of bluff.

They have their own fans believing they didn't go out of business like Gretna and are the same club.

We'll see in time. They're the masters of bluff.

They have their own fans believing they didn't go out of business like Gretna and are the same club.

To be fair Dayts your typical hun would believe that Ranjurs are going to win the Champions League next season if Dave King said so. Fooling that bunch of inbred mutants hardly makes them masters of subterfuge.

McInnes must do significantly better.

We’re falling behind the standards he has set, he’ll know that himself but I feel he deserves a crack at the rebuilding job which is going to be necessary in the summer.

We’re still third and (at least for the time being) in the cup. No need to hit the panic button yet, but we are playing pure pish, there’s a cluelessness apparent all over the park, good players are underperforming and you would struggle to identify what our ‘style’ is supposed to be.

All questions which need answers, but McInnes has more than earned the right to have a crack at it. IMHO.

He's neither a god or deserves to go - good way of putting people off voting. You're making out people voting for him to stay are all happy clappers that can see no wrong, which isn't the case.

Any thoughts of sacking him are ridiculous. Team needs to improve but we've been here before, was discussions two seasons ago that he'd lost the dressing room. At various points it's been suggested he'd taken us as far as he could, only for us to hand out seven goal hidings and reach cup finals.

Let's wait until summer and see how this season actually pans out first before pressing the panic button. He deserves that at least.

It's an obvious nod to the JiG/JMG days, on AFC hat of yore...

Although, MiG'er doesn't really work as well as JiG'er... :itch-chin: