Fifa 2012 V Pes 2012

I think my last Fifa game was World Cup 98 and I've played PES ever since. However, I've not bought it for the last couple of years as it got pretty cack.

However, I now want a new football game for my PS3 so I'm going to get one of these. Has anyone played both and can recommend one over the other? Has Pro Evo improved since the last few dreary efforts?

Is Fifa much different? I never liked the look of it much but it's been so long since I've played one it might be much better that Pro Evo.

What a horrible, life changing dilemma. Can anyone help?

Absolute nonsense! Fifa have only got their act together the last 2 efforts. Before that it was PES all the way

Correct. PES used to shit all over Fifa on PS2 format but since the change to PS3 they have totally fucked it up. All they had to do was make the graphics better but they went and fucked everything up, and I hate them for it. So now the only choice is Fifa, which is good, but nowhere near as good as PES was on the PS2.

Absolute nonsense! Fifa have only got their act together the last 2 efforts. Before that it was PES all the way

totally agree deco! i bought FIFA 10 2 years ago cos PES 2010 was so insanely different from past efforts, couldnt and still can not believe how different and totally SHIT it got! still i bought it first above fifa hoping it would be better but still the same new shit. so nowadays i play FIFA man, but always hold the hope the PES will return to what it used to be.....the greatest footy game ever!!!!

Sounds like Fifa it is then. I've only played it at friends the odd time over the last 2/3 years so it'll be interesting to see how it is.

Ok has PES even got the right to the players names yet or can you even play with Aberdeen FC? abortion of a football game

Having the players names spelt correctly isn't the be all and end all of a football game. If you looked beyond that a few years ago, PES was a much better game. Unfortunately they never kept it going and it turned to turd.

An old school classic saying.

I miss using this term when wanting to play someone.

'Aye we'll stick yes, you can get runny keeps'.

Haha that did run through my head when writing it!

Whats the deal with the online leagues anyways? Thats me in division 8 but i've noticed the games get harder/easier depending on your form. I needed one point from 3 games to gain promotion from division 9 but got humped in the first two games after, do they put you against harder opponents the closer you get to promotion?

Haha that did run through my head when writing it!

Whats the deal with the online leagues anyways? Thats me in division 8 but i've noticed the games get harder/easier depending on your form. I needed one point from 3 games to gain promotion from division 9 but got humped in the first two games after, do they put you against harder opponents the closer you get to promotion?

They try to match you with someone in the same division and playing with the same star level of team. It's really the luck of the draw who you come up against, although the higher the division you're in, it's more likely the opponents will be harder.

Is Fifa 12 better than Fifa11?

when you get used to the new defending it certainly is. for the first while though i hated it cos i was wank at defendin, but once you master it then you see its alot more realistic rather than just huddin a button and runnin alongside your opponent shoulder bargin the cunt til you tackle him or he gets free o you.

Do you use L1 and L2 at any point other than changing the player you want to be controlling?

Apparently it 'jockeys' them, but I never use it, should I be using it?

I'm just pish at this game as things stand. I'll get there.

Nah i dont bother jockeying, i just wait for the right moment and tackle with square.

You'll probably enjoy it more online. The new league format is probably the best improvement from 2011.

I'm shit at defending.

I got beat 11-1 the other day just because the other team just walk through me.

that against the computer roberto?? i was the same, probably still am. kept gettin destroyed in ma league we blackburn playin at world class or legendary, just cudna defend or score against the cunts! its weird tho cos online i find it much easier, into division 6 now. think il just stick to online hahaha

aye i also agree with Quagmire, sometimes the players take an extra half second to shoot or turn than youd like which sometimes gets right on ma tits if im through on goal or attackin etc

Aye, against the computer.

I am getting cuffed every time. I have to put it to Professional but put the speed / acceleration of the computer down to 48 from 50 so I have a little bit of an advantage over them.

I still cannot tackle.

i replied to you a few days ago aboot divin for pens, you use the right toggle button!!

which buttons do you use?? classic or alternate?? ie which is your slide tackle and which is foot tackle??

I'm on classic for X-Box.

Now that I don't have the controller infront of me, I don't know which is which :laughing:

Shoot is the red button I think. I always press the wrong one whichever it is because it crosses the ball.

As for diving, I did see that - but I thought you meant as in my players clean through on goal and I press the right toggle for them to dive to win penalties, my apologies.

nae probs min, i only cried masel to sleep once cos you didna reply haha nah its just right toggle aye, dina need t hud a button or anyhin else so its easy.

well........whichever is the opposite side of ur slide tackle is jockey button......when an attacker is running at you hold that and move up/down whenever and wherever he moves then once he's close to you press the button which youd use to pass, thatl stick a leg out and hopefully get sumin on the ba if youv timed it right.............hope that makes sense. itl tak you a while t get used tae but its worth it in the end!! am tellin you min, set 30 mins aside to d the tutorial, it goes thru the new defendin and itl help you no end probably!!!

I did the tutorial and got to 'jockey run' - but the cunt kept scoring against me despite me jockey running and doing as I was told, so I punched the controller, went for a pish - came back and decided to just play it rather than do the tutorial. :laughing:

I've taken everything you've said here on board however - so I look forward to going home this evening and playing it.

Cheers.

hahaha i did the same, hate tutorials. like the normal 'man' i thought fuck it il be arite. got gubbed for a full week n a bit afor i fucked the league off and went online haha

nae probs min, probably wina help you ata and you'll prob just get used to it in yer own way haha but good luck tae you min :thumbup1:

Just as a matter of mere interest to myself.......is everyone as sad as me in the way of the following:

You get one of your players before the game and you get to take shots at the keeper.

Even though the game has loaded and I've managed 2 shots which I haven't scored with yet, do you continue to take shots until you score and then press start or do you just play straight away?

I was up to 24 shots before actually scoring one time, I refuse to play until I have scored a goal in the warm up before the game haha.

I played two games against the computer, and then have only played online since. You only get two opportunities when online, or one if you don't run full pelt.

Might get on to play some league games tonight. I am pish at defending though, and got angry the last time I played when other players managed to get the ball every time I attacked, even right through me with the X challenges (I use PES controls I think...)

New Pro Evo is an improvement on last years, much slicker. Not played Fifa yet.

Agreed, although I'm finding it hard to make the 'pressure' (non sliding) tackles, I must be doing something wrong. :laughing:

Scored some cracking goals on it, better than the goals I score on Fifa anyway.

They're both decent this year, different though, which is good. Not played Pro Evo online yet.