Scotland Squad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah okay.... what is the U21 looking like? Did any of our lads make it?

Havent seen a squad announced, just checked the SFA website and theres nothing there, maybe be announced tomorrow.

It was explained about Forrest by Levein, also that Jordan Rhodes will play on the Friday for the seniors before flying to Holland for the U21's qualifier.

Going over to Cyprus for the game. Flying out on 10th to Paphos two nights in Larnaca and then back to Charelroi on the Saturday for a night out there then back home on the Sunday.

Anyone else heading over to this?

How many fans would Scotland take to a game like this?

Levein is an utter penis. Perfect game to blood in the guys who might finally take Scotland to a tournament, so what does he do, calls up guys who aren't playing for their team and guys who have let the team down on many occasions. Mind you i can't say i'm surprised. If he had his way he'd probably still want to call up Naismith if he even wasn't out for the season.

No McCormack or Webster again :nutter:

To show how much of a neep Levein is simply look at him dropping Barry Bannan due to his off field problems, likewise Garry O'Connor and his comments in all the media about a code of conduct and players not being picked if they have outstanding matters.

Then having to concede he didn't realise Goodwillie has an ongoing assault trial, despite it being in the news last week.

How to make yourself look stupid.

I think Levin is testing his players to see who is up for turning up to a friendly match, he is spot on to keep the squad and add additional players that he sees fitting into the long term, McCormack is unlucky not to make it, but he's been part of it before, so Levein knows what he gives us, if he keeps up his current form, then he will probably make the next squad.

St Mirren goalkeeper Craig Samson and MK Dons defender Gary MacKenzie have won surprise call-ups to the Scotland squad for the friendly against Cyprus after six players pulled out through injury.

Blackpool left-back Stephen Crainey and Cardiff winger Craig Conway have also been added to the squad for the clash in Larnaca on Friday night.

Charlie Adam, Graham Dorrans, Alan Hutton, Lee Wallace, Russell Martin and David Marshall have withdrawn, the Scottish Football Association confirmed on Twitter.

MacKenzie's call is the most left-field with the defender having signed for League One MK Dons from Dundee in July 2010 while Samson has impressed with St Mirren this season, keeping seven clean sheets in 17 games.

Their inclusions are, however, likely to be overshadowed by the absences Adam, Hutton and Martin who all completed 90 minutes for their respective Premier League clubs yesterday while Dorrans was subbed late in West Brom's loss at Arsenal.

The SFA indicated that Adam and Hutton are suffering with knee complaints while Martin and Dorrans have been listed with ankle injuries.

Wallace's omission was likely after he was replaced in the first half of Rangers' 3-1 success over Dundee United on Saturday while David Marshall is suffering with illness.

Wallace's injury paved the way for the return of Crainey, for whom he had replaced only last month when the Blackpool defender was forced out of the squad to play Liechtenstein and Spain with injury.

Bloody hell, Gary MacKenzie :suicide:

Can't believe there is only 3 players in a full Scotland squad that actually play in the Scottish leagues (McGregor, Samson, and Whittaker).

Is our league really that bad? I'm actually struggling to think of any players playing in Scotland that I think should be in the squad, surely this has got to be ringing alarm bells within the SFA?

Why do we even bother having a team? - may as well scrap it and go ahead with team GB.

Can't believe there is only 3 players in a full Scotland squad that actually play in the Scottish leagues (McGregor, Samson, and Whittaker).

Is our league really that bad? I'm actually struggling to think of any players playing in Scotland that I think should be in the squad, surely this has got to be ringing alarm bells within the SFA?

Why do we even bother having a team? - may as well scrap it and go ahead with team GB.

I'm slightly confused by your post, Are suggesting that because we don't have any SPL player worthy of a call up that we should not have a national side?

usually there would be more players. Scott Brown, Steven Kneesmith & James Forrest.

I'm slightly confused by your post, Are suggesting that because we don't have any SPL player worthy of a call up that we should not have a national side?

usually there would be more players. Scott Brown, Steven Kneesmith & James Forrest.

Guess i'm not sure what my point is, just shocked that can only get 3 players in a Scotland squad who actually playing in Scotland (plus could find 3 more if don't include injuries).

Seems like more and more of our team is being fileld with 'englishmen' may as well just scrap it seeing as we are becoming pretty much an England B team

Guess i'm not sure what my point is, just shocked that can only get 3 players in a Scotland squad who actually playing in Scotland (plus could find 3 more if don't include injuries).

Seems like more and more of our team is being fileld with 'englishmen' may as well just scrap it seeing as we are becoming pretty much an England B team

countries all over use the parent or grandparent rule so I suppose I don't care if we do any more. People will always find a reason to not like the National side. Pick from the following list and join the club

1. The manager

2. the amount of english players

3. the amount of OF players.

4. a player not playing for his particular club enough

5. some of the fans that follow scotland

6. kilts

7. hats with feathers

Six players were born in England in the current squad. Not quite filling the team. :itch-chin:

Indeed the fact that we have so many Scots playing out with Scotland should be celebrated and not bemoaned it shows perhaps the strength of the Scottish team that so many players are sought after by teams outside of Scotland. Not sure I'd be happy if we were restricted to picking only players who played in Scotland. I think that was tried and abandoned in rugby pretty quickly.

To show how much of a neep Levein is simply look at him dropping Barry Bannan due to his off field problems, likewise Garry O'Connor and his comments in all the media about a code of conduct and players not being picked if they have outstanding matters.

Then having to concede he didn't realise Goodwillie has an ongoing assault trial, despite it being in the news last week.

How to make yourself look stupid.

Assault is fine, drink driving and coke taking are obviously worse, Goodwillie is probably our best striking prospect for years so we must let him develop.

He got away with the rape so he's not only a good footballer but as cunning as a fox to boot.

countries all over use the parent or grandparent rule so I suppose I don't care if we do any more. People will always find a reason to not like the National side. Pick from the following list and join the club

1. The manager

2. the amount of english players

3. the amount of OF players.

4. a player not playing for his particular club enough

5. some of the fans that follow scotland

6. kilts

7. hats with feathers

What about

8.They're shite

9.Blow it every time they have a chance of qualifying

He's our best striker by a country mile and as a country who've struggled for goals for years, then yes - I believe he could be the difference.

At present, we have nothing up front and that is a major problem.

That's how Harry Potter Likes it.

Scotland sqaud announced today.

Charlie Adam (Liverpool)

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic)

Don Cowie (Cardiff City)

Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)

Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Russell Martin (Norwich City)

James McArthur (Wigan Athletic)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Kenny Miller (Cardiff City)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield Town)

Barry Robson (Middlesbrough)

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United)

Lee Wallace (Rangers)

Steven Whittaker (Rangers)

Still no Ross McCormack but brings back Jamie Mackie after only 45 minutes of first team football. Starting really dislike Levien.

Only 3 current buns but still no Mccormack.

Scored more goals this season than our beloved Miller and plays at the same level. Miller, Mckail-Smith and Goodwillie have 12 goals in all competitions. Ross McCormack has 10 on his own - :nutter::wtf: