Smoking Ban

Jaws

Should the ban go ahead?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the ban go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

See what I hate as a non driver is all you massive selfish fucking cunts driving about in your car's polluting the very air I breathe. It's a fucking pisstake that you are allowed to drive about and you should all be forced into public transport to reduce the risk to my health by keeping your polluting death mobiles off the fucking road. It's disgusting and needs to be stopped.

• Downvote 3

Theres been loads dude

Rosemount - that's still open is it nae? Just up from the Masada?

Thistle - Open again

Waterfront - Never heard of it

Kings Bar - Open again

Bud Bar - GTF :laughing:

Broadhill - Pints in there were terrible, poorly run imo

Schooner - Open and shuts like a 'hoors legs.

Criterion - Open again

Star and garter - Open again under a different name

Fuck all to do with the smoking ban min, bars come and go.

I knew you'd think like that mate.

Why do people interfere in other peoples life's, I don't care what people get up to, go eat a kfc for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day if you like, it's your life.

If I die young because I smoke and drink you won't hear me moaning about it, it was my decisions to make.

If people want to ruin their own health then that's up to them, but it's not ok when it affects the health and comfort of others. To smoke indoors amongst non-smokers is selfish in the extreme.

• Upvote 1

See what I hate as a non driver is all you massive selfish fucking cunts driving about in your car's polluting the very air I breathe. It's a fucking pisstake that you are allowed to drive about and you should all be forced into public transport to reduce the risk to my health by keeping your polluting death mobiles off the fucking road. It's disgusting and needs to be stopped.

i-see-what-you-did-there-and-i-like-it.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:clangers2:

Aye those buses min, and their scented flower exhaust gases

I could say I hate all those people who get on planes as well, I live under the flight path, selfish bastards, sitting there while the plane spews fumes out onto me and my family.

Or I could maybe just say live and let live, I don't give a fuck.

:dontknow: No idea what your asking or where you are going with this.....

Oh I'm sure you do, hence why you're avoiding the question.

let's put it this way, do you have a very short lunch break, reduced by the amount of time you took off to smoke, or do you, like every smoker I've encountered, expect a smoke break as some sort of right?

:clangers2:

Aye those buses min, and their scented flower exhaust gases

You've missed the point as usual. If you have a 36 seater bus with 36 people who normally take their cars then you reduce pollution which I need to breathe as inconsiderate lazy fuckers won't walk or plan their journey.

FWIW, I'm not a Smoker but have no problem with those who choose to light up.

Any Smoker I know doesn't mind going out for a fag so I don't know what the problem is.

Indeed, even the "fuck you" merchants, seem to have calmed down now, and accepted it's better for everyone to keep it outside.

Personally, I'd bring in the Vancouver way of doing things next :thumbup1:

as a smoker, and someone that doesn't like to purposely offend the sensibilities or harm the health of other people, i'd argue for the ban. i couldn't care less if i have to go out for a smoke when i'm having a drink. and prefer pubs not filled to the rafters with second-hand smoke and my clothese and hair stinking of it when i leave.

that said, i cannot abide, when i've hidden myself out of the way to have a smoke, those people that purposely walk by me closely or come stand beside me, and wrinkle their noses or some-such to indicate their displeasure for what i choose to do. fuck off and go somewhere else. :moonie:

• Upvote 1

Why are coffee drinkers entitled to their breaks?

Why are AFC Chat goers entitled to more breaks?

The logic never makes sense.

Well I'll grant you that Rabbie, seeing as everyone is entitled to a coffee break, and no-one is entitled to an AFC Chat break.

So, again, why do smokers feel entitled for taking an extra hour off everyday?

Oh I'm sure you do, hence why you're avoiding the question.

let's put it this way, do you have a very short lunch break, reduced by the amount of time you took off to smoke, or do you, like every smoker I've encountered, expect a smoke break as some sort of right?

Well since I work for a civilised company and in an adult environment there are no prescribed break times (or even start/finish times for that matter), I get 30mins break a day and can spend that how I please.

Does that answer your question?

Must be a Canadian thing or a sexist thing. Never happened to me once in over thirty years.

that people walk by your smoke and wrinkle their noses?

maybe it's a Canadian thing then. i don't smoke that much, but it happens often enough i've noticed it. as have some of the other smokers i hang out with at the back of my office building. near the garage entrance, but an adequate number of metres away from the door and garage door. as required.

Well since I work for a civilised company and in an adult environment there are no prescribed break times (or even start/finish times for that matter), I get 30mins break a day and can spend that how I please.

Does that answer your question?

:laughing:

So anyway, how many fags do you smoke in a day at work?

presume you didnt go to boozers before the smoking ban..?

Nae really, i'm just a youngster me.

Agreed.

Electric trams = the future.