Smoking Ban

Jaws

Should the ban go ahead?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the ban go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

I had one boy at work telling me I shouldnt be going for a smoke when it was snowing as I was increasing the departments risk to an incident because I could slip and fall outside in the process, no joke, true story.

That is because you work in an industry where they tell you to reverse park as it is safer and where they tell you to hold on to a bannister as it makes going down the steps safer.

Forgot to say. One of the side effects of the nicotine patch is very trippy dreams. You should sign up for the smoking cessation at your local pharmacist just to get the patches, even if you don't smoke. It's like getting a month's cinema pass and watching them all in one night, but multiply that with maximum weirdness and sharp, sharp focus. Actually, that's a shite analogy but I wrote it now so it's out there. Fuck editing shite. The reason it's a shite analogy is that there's never more than 2 or 3 films a year I want to see, far less a month's worth or even worse, all in one night.

Nicotine patch = Trippy dreams, and intense. Hugely enjoyable.

sleeping next to someone who takes smoking cessation drugs and experiences the "colourful", or as you call them-- trippy, dreams sucks the big one. :( being woken to a man's closed fist slamming into my chest is an experience, among others, i don't need to repeat.

i'd suggest Mrs. Rocket (or whomever you share your bed with) wear some body padding until the colourful dreams have passed, or you've stopped using the meds.

sleeping next to someone who takes smoking cessation drugs and experiences the "colourful", or as you call them-- trippy, dreams sucks the big one. :( being woken to a man's closed fist slamming into my chest is an experience, among others, i don't need to repeat.

:laughing: I have those kind of dreams without any meds, Christ knows what I'd do if I wore some patches

Rocket, You on the 24 hour patches?

Tried them and didn't like them, thought they gave me a strange tobacco taste in my throat when I woke up.

I have 16 hour one's in the cupboard, also got the spray and cherry flavoured lozenges, the chemist dishing them out for free is a great scheme, just need to pick a date now, had them for weeks.

Nah, never had the lashing out effects, just the trippy dreams. Nice dreams too, and very colourful.

This isn't my first time giving up but it will be my last. Maybe no. I might start fags again so I can get the patches again. They're great.

i've never used the drugs. like you, quitting isn't the hard part for me. it's staying quit. :( i'll get the hang of it one of these days. :crossfingers:

Yeah, day 1 with the full strength 21 mg patches. I always change them before I go to bed to maximise the dream trip.

We all get different effects and reactions. Nae sure about the spray though. Just a hoorin blast of mint to me.

It's all in the mind. Picking a date is good. The wife telt me today was national no smoking day (supposedly) so I picked yesterday as my last.

Next Wednesday is now my date, got a long weekend, no point starting now.

Good plan, good man. I think it was last week that I picked today. A date too far in advance or too short a window doesn't work.

Just believe in yourself. Like all of us smokers - and we are smokers for life - if we could click our fingers to stop, we all would. We all know how shite a habit it is and how utterly expensive it has become. There are no redeeming qualities. We are slaves not to nicotine, but the unique blend of toxins in the brands we preferred. I was Regal for 30+ years and never changed. It wasn't fags I was addicted to. It was Regal. It wasn't the brand. It was their unique concoction of poisons.

Every morning, first thing I did was have a fag. I've never smoked in the house so it was always out the back, door open if it was raining. Thing is, I noticed that if I had a cup of tea made or the kettle was boiled and I made myself one, the first sip of tea meant fag. If the wife brought me tea in bed the rare times I asked her to cos I had a throat like a badgers arse for example, I had to get out of bed after one sip to have a fag. Smoking is a habit. I drank my morning tea nae bother this morning because mentally, I woke up as a non-smoker, having had my last one 6 hours earlier, before I went to sleep.

The mind. That's your biggest asset. Desire, Belief and Expectation. I want to give up, I believe that I can, and I expect to succeed in quitting.

I'll print off your last line and stick it on my monitor at work. :thumbup1:

I have my first fag as soon as I get in the car on the way to work, will get the patch on and have the spray and lozenges to hand.

No such nonsense in good old Baku...smoking is encouraged and all the boozers allow it...I have a cigarette now and again (use the electric in the UK)...the smoking ban is ridiculous in the extreme and a symptom of just how malleable the British public have become...the Azeri's may have many faults but they don't just bend over and take it like the Brits...the UK has become a completely sub servant race of jeely spines fu*king homo's who will put up with just about anything...I blame Blair

• Upvote 1

No such nonsense in good old Baku...smoking is encouraged and all the boozers allow it...I have a cigarette now and again (use the electric in the UK)...the smoking ban is ridiculous in the extreme and a symptom of just how malleable the British public have become...the Azeri's may have many faults but they don't just bend over and take it like the Brits...the UK has become a completely sub servant race of jeely spines fu*king homo's who will put up with just about anything...I blame Blair

I blame Craig Brown, Stephen Hughes & Gavin Rae, as they're all hun filth :checkit:

I blame Craig Brown, Stephen Hughes & Gavin Rae, as they're all hun filth :checkit:

Yes and no...Blair's lowering of the bar has made it easy to just give up,and it will be ok,cause no-one ever fails and at least they gave it a half hearted attempt...it's piss poor and not good enough...the good people of Aberdeen deserve better Milne...you fu*king cu*t

let people smoke if they want. let people drink, smoke, pound eccies, smoke weed, inject Domestos, tattoo their ballsack, and climb fucking mountains in the dead of winter if that's what they want.

This falls into the same category as two guys slapping nuts. If that's their thing then it's no-one else's fucking business.

Far too many interfering, curtain-twitchers getting in other people's business.

let people smoke if they want. let people drink, smoke, pound eccies, smoke weed, inject Domestos, tattoo their ballsack, and climb fucking mountains in the dead of winter if that's what they want.

This falls into the same category as two guys slapping nuts. If that's their thing then it's no-one else's fucking business.

Far too many interfering, curtain-twitchers getting in other people's business.

I 100% agree with this, too many nanny state hysterics in this Country, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else then let people do what they want, smoking rooms in pubs is the ideal solution, no staff, no problem.

The SNP are the worst of the lot in the political World, now they fucked smokers they're now moving on to the drinkers, all in the name of our health of course, load of bollocks, keep politicians noses out of peoples life's, we can't afford the amount of pensioners we already have, this obsession with living a long life is ludicrous, ended up in a nursing home at 90 years of age having your nose and arse wiped by a yopper, fuck that.

• Downvote 1

I could say I hate all those people who get on planes as well, I live under the flight path, selfish bastards, sitting there while the plane spews fumes out onto me and my family.

Or I could maybe just say live and let live, I don't give a fuck.

Or cunts that do not drink selfish cunts not buying a round.

Quite the opposite Redstar, the majority spoke, and got this disgusting habit banned in public places. And it's obvious from many in this thread why it was necessary, because most smokers are selfish bastards with no concern for anyone else.

If you want to stop smoking, I recommend not putting a cigarette in your mouth and then lighting it.

It's not difficult.

Nicotine patches :gay:

How do you get it lit?

You need to sook it to light it ffs.

If I was "addicted" then I wouldn't do that either.

No one is addicted, they just have a weak mindset.