Internal promotions within coaching structure

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/06/02/dons-announce-changes-to-support-player-pathway/

Gavin Leavey moves into Simmie's old Academy Director post

Simmie moving into a Pathway Manager role, looking after U18s graduating into the 1st team, and the ones loaned out.

Robson now Development Phase Manager, looking after both U17 and U18 teams

Who is now managing the reserve team, after Sheerin's departure?

21 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

this should be included in the induction/Coaching for all players....

DA73535-F-BA5-A-4-EEC-8-DE7-73-C0-FF3059

It's amazing how many run outs this badly photoshopped effort gets.  No matter how much we'd like it to be so, this monstrosity was not wearing a hun top for the picture.  Just look at the way her left paw dissolves in to the fabric for proof.

• Dildo 1

No. 193 of "Things a Hun would say":

1 hour ago, Stavrogin said:

It's amazing how many run outs this badly photoshopped effort gets.  No matter how much we'd like it to be so, this monstrosity was not wearing a hun top for the picture.  Just look at the way her left paw dissolves in to the fabric for proof.

This is a genuine question but do we have a good youth academy set up ?  Always wondered what these guys are benchmarked on ?   Are they expected to get 1-2 players into first team  squad every year?  
we’ve seen Campbell , Ramsay and Mackenzie last season.  McKenna and Wright came through the system in recent times but should we be producing more.  Genuine question as I don’t pay much attention to the youths and don’t know if we under or over achieve.  

Benchmark has to be at least 1 player a season stepping up. When I say that I mean 1 that actually plays a proper part in season. It seems utter madness that Mckenzie hasn’t been given even a kick under McInnes as he was 100% heading for door. Will quite likely be our no1 LB next season. 21 now, he should of been in about a couple seasons ago given we haven't had a LB at club forever. Hanratty looks the most likely to step up next season as not many of our youths are handed 3 year contracts so is obviously highly thought of. I have little to no idea about anyone else in the frame. Could really be doing with some attacking flair or goal scorer coming good anytime soon.

Definitely excited for players to be given a chance. Cammy Smith was the 1 I remember the club having great hope for. Probably featured in a lot of games for us but averaged about 5 mins per appearance. If they aren’t going to get a proper chance we have to loan them out at 17-18.  Would Ramsay of got 60 mins against Celtic or anyone when we picked up a injury in first half hour under McInnes? 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Benchmark has to be at least 1 player a season stepping up. When I say that I mean 1 that actually plays a proper part in season. It seems utter madness that Mckenzie hasn’t been given even a kick under McInnes as he was 100% heading for door. Will quite likely be our no1 LB next season. 21 now, he should of been in about a couple seasons ago given we haven't had a LB at club forever. Hanratty looks the most likely to step up next season as not many of our youths are handed 3 year contracts so is obviously highly thought of. I have little to no idea about anyone else in the frame. Could really be doing with some attacking flair or goal scorer coming good anytime soon.

Definitely excited for players to be given a chance. Cammy Smith was the 1 I remember the club having great hope for. Probably featured in a lot of games for us but averaged about 5 mins per appearance. If they aren’t going to get a proper chance we have to loan them out at 17-18.  Would Ramsay of got 60 mins against Celtic or anyone when we picked up a injury in first half hour under McInnes? 

Aye. Probably seen as being successful at the moment. 

The team qualified for Europe this season with a handful of players who came through the youth system in the first team squad. 2 new ones broke into the team this season and a previous graduate went for £2.5 million. If they did that every season it would be seen as more than doing its job. 

The problem this season wasn't the youngsters that came through the system. Will be interesting to see how they thrive under the new regime and how many of the current generation become first team regulars. 

20 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Surely it's just folds of flesh flopping over her hand.

18 hours ago, Millertime said:

Is it not in her pocket?

Looks like the flesh covers the thumb and the other fingers are in a pocket.  The original picture was not hard to find.  

97710f52a9d5217f235790bdeb9f26ad.jpg

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, slippers said:

.  Would Ramsay of got 60 mins against Celtic or anyone when we picked up a injury in first half hour under McInnes? 

The only time I remember that, certainly in a big game, was the second of the double header against the hun at Pittodrie during leaving-gate.  Took on (was it) Robertson with a fair while still to play.  Still remember the audible gasp from the home crowd, and it was nothing to do with the qualities of the player, just the surprise.

• 2 weeks later...