Becoming A Dad

weemackie

My third and last one turned up nearly twenty eight years ago so my memories of the horrors of watching childbirth are fading. I seem to recall suggesting to the midwife that putting in a few extra stitches wouldn't be a bad idea, but for some reason it didn't go down too well with the missus and the nurses. Happy days.

The birth is no place for the man.

Its very long winded.

The midwives are always badgering you to encourage, massage, stop playing candy crush etc etc.

You are a cunt if you fall asleep, even if it drags on over 24 hours.

There should be a smokey old bar where the men can all sit together drinking pints of Black n Tan.....once the head pops out, yer numbers called. Brisk walk to the delivery room, snip the cord, pat the missus and the midwives on the back for their sterling efforts. Leave the ladies to tidy up the minge a bit and we're all heading home for a cup of tea to watch Tipping Point.

:laughing:

If only life was that simple.

You are a cunt if you fall asleep, even if it drags on over 24 hours

We were in to the second night with our first and the midwife suggested a half hour rest. Eh had just fallen asleep so when she came back again eh said "just 10 extra minutes please".

Fuckin hell, that brought a thunderous look from the midwife and it gets used against me to this day by the wife

Its very long winded.

The midwives are always badgering you to encourage, massage, stop playing candy crush etc etc.

There should be a smokey old bar where the men can all sit together drinking pints of Black n Tan.....once the head pops out, yer numbers called. Brisk walk to the delivery room, snip the cord, pat the missus and the midwives on the back for their sterling efforts. Leave the ladies to tidy up the minge a bit and we're all heading home for a cup of tea to watch Tipping Point.

This "the man must be present for the birth" thing is quite a modern or american thing. None of my uncles, dad or grandads were there for the births of their kids. Most were in the pub or still at sea/offshore. There's no point us being in there, we only get in the way. When my sprog arrives I can just imagine myself getting hacked off with the over excited dads who film every moment.

Its very long winded.

Haha, superb

Is it rude to ask for a minge tidy up after a caesarean?

Its very long winded.

:laughing:

30 odd hours I'm never getting back. Wouldn't even give me a shotty of the gas.

The only thing that would make that better is after leaving the ladies to tidy up the minge, they keep her in for a couple more days recovery - allowing you and your mates to 'wet/sniff' the babies head.

This happened to me. Doctor took me to one side and said he'd really like to keep an eye on her for at least 36 hours. Boy hadn't finished the sentence and the tee time was booked, curry sorted, baby's heid wetting session organised. Quick chat to the wife - you're in the best place, get some rest, you deserve it etc etc, oot the door and tra la fucking la..

Seriously considered getting her induced for the next one so it tied in with a home game!

Your nae meant to ask ffs.

Fairly sure the only reason folk have bairns in Aberdeen is to sample the delights from the chinky across the road from the matty.

Worst Chinese I’ve ever had in Aberdeen, the Ruby. Gave it the benefit of the doubt once more and it was worse. Putrid shite.

• Upvote 2

Your nae meant to ask ffs.

Fairly sure the only reason folk have bairns in Aberdeen is to sample the delights from the chinky across the road from the matty.

Worst Chinese I’ve ever had in Aberdeen, the Ruby. Gave it the benefit of the doubt once more and it was worse. Putrid shite.

Went there last year after the loon was born. Use to be regular growing up there so thought be ok. Worst Chinese I have ever had. Thought my sweet chilli chicken was in a light sauce when tasted it was oil.

Jumbo is Chinese of choice in that area