Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Yes, which is why they're currently carrying out a boycott of Ibrox and Murray Park.

Yes I knew about that so without having to worry about financial restrictions, why didn't anyone from the BBC call out Rodgers about the massive difference in domestic budgets when he started whinging about European budgets?

Just to reiterate, this is not a go at you Panda, I'm just interested in how the media approach the sport.

Yes I knew about that so without having to worry about financial restrictions, why didn't anyone from the BBC call out Rodgers about the massive difference in domestic budgets when he started whinging about European budgets?

Just to reiterate, this is not a go at you Panda, I'm just interested in how the media approach the sport.

Well first of all, the BBC weren't at the press conference when he said that.

However, I'm not sure what he should be pulled up on? He was talking about Celtic's chances in the Champions League and whether they could progress to the last 16, and he was explaining how tough it would be considering the different budgets, that PSG live in a different world from them.

It's the same as McInnes saying Aberdeen will struggle to win the league due to the budget Celtic have, and you or someone else demanding he gets pulled up on it because Hamilton don't have our budget.

Maybe I've got you wrong here and you're referring to something else he's said.

• Upvote 1

It says much for the class of the Celtic manager he was the only club boss in Scotland to phone and congratulate Signeul and her squad for qualifying for the recent European Championship.

Signeul said: “It meant a lot that Brendan called, going to the bother of getting my number from the SFA.

“He was so warm on the phone, said the girls were an inspiration and had done themselves and the country proud. He saw it as a great achievement for all Scottish football, not just the women.

What a star Rodgers really is. No other Scottish manager gave a shit but not our Brendan.

:happy:

It says much for the class of the Celtic manager he was the only club boss in Scotland to phone and congratulate Signeul and her squad for qualifying for the recent European Championship.

Signeul said: “It meant a lot that Brendan called, going to the bother of getting my number from the SFA.

“He was so warm on the phone, said the girls were an inspiration and had done themselves and the country proud. He saw it as a great achievement for all Scottish football, not just the women.

What a star Rodgers really is. No other Scottish manager gave a shit but not our Brendan.

:happy:

They got hammered 6-0 by England. How the fuck is that deserving of any recognition.

Typical wifies, always needing validation.

Rodgers says Celtic offered £30m for Roberts.

If that's not posturing, it shows how fucked we are up here.

Has to be. They're going to bid their entire winnings from making the CL groups on one fucking player? They're full of shit and just trying to keep their fans happy.

Has to be. They're going to bid their entire winnings from making the CL groups on one fucking player? They're full of shit and just trying to keep their fans happy.

Thats a shocker - brendan is a fucking lying cunt. Never would have guessing.

Yeah, had assumed the same.

Will be interesting if that quote is brought out the next time he mentions the financial gulf between teams.

What article did you read that in? The one above DD posted?

I just read the bbc gossip page. Misread it, says Celtic would have offered £30m. Still the same principle, he reckons they can offer that much for one player when 10 of the teams in the league combined have probably never hit near that amount in transfer fees.

I just read the bbc gossip page. Misread it, says Celtic would have offered £30m. Still the same principle, he reckons they can offer that much for one player when 10 of the teams in the league combined have probably never hit near that amount in transfer fees.

Aye definitely. I suppose he could have just plucked a figure out of the air but either way it's totally ridiculous. Wish he'd fuck off and take Roberts, Rogic and Tierney with him.

I think he's plucked a figure out of thin air to show how much Man City didn't want to sell. Not to show how rich they are/how much they 'could' bid

• Upvote 1

If you read his quotes he never said they'd have offered £30m. He said they'd have been willing to break their record signing (which is £6m I think). He then says Man City didn't want to sell and even if offered £30m wouldn't have.

BBC Gossip headline - Celtic would have bid £30m for Roberts. Utter pish. And I bet if anyone offered £30m they'd have snapped their hand off.

If you read his quotes he never said they'd have offered £30m. He said they'd have been willing to break their record signing (which is £6m I think). He then says Man City didn't want to sell and even if offered £30m wouldn't have.

BBC Gossip headline - Celtic would have bid £30m for Roberts. Utter pish. And I bet if anyone offered £30m they'd have snapped their hand off.

Was Chris Sutton not £9m?

Edit: nah, he was the £6m record signing.