Welcome Home, Kari

Excellent that the ice man is back. One of the better players to grace Pittodrie in recent History. Stood out as a bit of class in a shit team. Brings experience, composure and height to the middle of defence. Will be invaluable during the big games during the season.

To the tune of 'Stand up for the Aberdeen'

Kariiii

Kariiii Arnason

Kariiii

Kariiii Arnason

Keep it simple

I'd drop the Keep it simple line. Seems pointless.

• Upvote 1

Whilst I suspect Kari will be a crowd pleaser in the sense of saying all the right things you've still got to applaud that article.

Compare it to our ex captain...em, nervous shuffle, look down at feet....hope to give them a game...showing respect...,big side...lots of history...boys will give 110%....etc etc.

Not surprised to read comments on our improved professionalism either. No disrespect (well no more than usual) to either Jimmy or GWT. They both knew that 9th was an abomination for our club and thankfully did something about it. McGhee...not so much! But Derek is clearly a cut above them all.

I've maybe misunderstood you but the GWT did nothing about it. Under him we lost Kari and Fraser and managed a massive 8th place finish at best and even then, that was after Deek came in and relieved the auld cunt from his duties. The GWT was an absolute disaster of a manager and I still can't believe we allowed him to have a seat as a non-exec director.

• Upvote 3

I've maybe misunderstood you but the GWT did nothing about it. Under him we lost Kari and Fraser and managed a massive 8th place finish at best and even then, that was after Deek came in and relieved the auld cunt from his duties. The GWT was an absolute disaster of a manager and I still can't believe we allowed him to have a seat as a non-exec director.

Agreed...total charlatan who has no useful purpose at the club.

McInnes said in his interview at the weekend that he feels Kari is ready to go in against Limassol on Thursday.

I wonder if he'll go straight in at CB or if he'll maybe just get some time off the bench. Don't think AOC had a bad game last week, but wouldn't say he necessary had a good one either.

I know, we've been shite since he moved into that role.

I recall a distinct change in attitude around the time of his appointment though. We went from an idiot not accepting that entering a cup semi with absolutely no Plan B against first division pish was somehow acceptable to an acknowledgement that 9th was not acceptable.

I do agree though that on the park after the original kick up the arse he gave us results weren't good enough.

He admits that himself incidentally.

"Absolutely, he's a bit of a local hero here and he's fitted in perfectly well with the boys and he's got a lot of respect obviously at the level he's played at previously. He's a humble boy and since he's come in to the squad he's fitted extremely well and we are delighted to have him and we look forward to see him play the rest of the season. He brings experience, a level head which is because the level he's played at, he's very competitive and has a good mentality. He's a fantastic professional and again to have that individual in your dressing room is invaluable."

Where did you get that from? I couldn't find anything on the club website before I had posted.

Pretty sure it was me who started the GWT thing like

Well pretty 100% sure you're wrong

Go back & look. There was still a large support for Broon back then & his defending at all costs (even at the cost of potentially winning) & I hated the fkn dithering auld useless cunt even though he had his cheeky wee grin & spoke well & used to be a shagger until the droop caught him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman_thief...

Edit....them there Wiki police don't hang around.

Gentleman thief

For the 1946 Spanish film, see Gentleman Thief (film).

A gentleman thief, lady thief, or phantom thief (Japanese: 怪盗 Hepburn: Kaitō) is a stock character in fiction. A gentleman or lady thief usually has inherited wealth and is characterised by impeccable manners, charm, courteousness, and the avoidance of physical force or intimidation to steal. As such, they do not steal to gain material wealth but for the thrill of the act itself, often combined in fiction with correcting a moral wrong, selecting wealthy targets, or stealing only particular rare or challenging objects.Not to be confused with the Gentleman Wage Thief who currently sits on the board at AFC as a non executive...aye.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3