Red Ultras

Following on from a debate in the Kari Arnason thread, which was clearly off topic, what is the story with the Red Ultras? Are they gone for good? Are there any members on here? @@RUL you were one were you not?

Were the first "ultra" group in Scotland, yet everyone took over them. Even Motherwell and St Johnstone seem to have better groups than the singing section that gathered on the Merkland last season.

I think it's a shame, I don't want to be one of the ones mocking them, I think a proper group improving the atmosphere at games would be great. You can't help but applaud a lot of what the Green Brigade have done for the atmosphere at Celtic Park. You look around Europe and see what some clubs manage and then you think of the Merkland crèche last season in comparison.

Would love to see a proper group, whether that's the Red Ultras or a new one, get going. Take over the RDU and build your numbers there. But everything seems to have been done half heartedly the last few years. It's all been about flag displays and banners rather than actually growing the group and getting new songs introduced and actually making a difference with the atmosphere.

Following on from a debate in the Kari Arnason thread, which was clearly off topic, what is the story with the Red Ultras? Are they gone for good? Are there any members on here? @@RUL you were one were you not?

Were the first "ultra" group in Scotland, yet everyone took over them. Even Motherwell and St Johnstone seem to have better groups than the singing section that gathered on the Merkland last season.

I think it's a shame, I don't want to be one of the ones mocking them, I think a proper group improving the atmosphere at games would be great. You can't help but applaud a lot of what the Green Brigade have done for the atmosphere at Celtic Park. You look around Europe and see what some clubs manage and then you think of the Merkland crèche last season in comparison.

Would love to see a proper group, whether that's the Red Ultras or a new one, get going. Take over the RDU and build your numbers there. But everything seems to have been done half heartedly the last few years. It's all been about flag displays and banners rather than actually growing the group and getting new songs introduced and actually making a difference with the atmosphere.

Delete your account

You clearly underestimate the complete and utter contempt most "ordinary" fans had for the Ultras. There is no doubt that they brought a welcome bit of colour / spectacle to the big games at Pittodrie and in some away matches. Unfortunately they were infiltrated by a few juvenile delinquents who may or may not be regular posters (possibly mods) on this very forum...

There was far too much shouting / singing and standing up for the sweet paper rustlers at Pittodrie to cope with.

They aint coming back anytime soon.

Maybe he has real conversations that aren't on an Internet forum. Frightening I know but some people are into that sort of thing.

Some people are also into waving big flags on big sticks and chanting gibberish. These people for the most part are feel

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A quick google produced

Atmosphere was fine on saturday without them.

Seems Getting rid of the divisions in seat from upstairs has worked wonders.

Last thing we need now is another minority of people trying to take control.

Who said that? I don't remember anyone saying it and reckon you just made that up.

Countless atmosphere threads that will say the same.

Sò nothing about improving the atmosphere? Cheers for clearing that up.

atmosphere was better without them remember back in early 90s there was no us and them debate aberdeen were aberdeen and that was the end of it the rdu was one ever since these "super fans" came around the atmosphere has been sh*te ie we wont sing that sone i gave up my st last year for various reasons last year mostly cause of the sh*te on the pitch but also because one fan group is trying to take control of us, i wont let that happen if the ultras are such positve members for atmosphere WHY ARE SINGING SONGS THAT NOBODY HAS ANY CLUE ABOUT AND WAVING FLAGS FOR OTHER TEAMs

im aberdeen i dont do allez allez allez frigging sh*te we are aberdonian stand free eh

The difficulty with Ultras is the line between them and a firm wanting trouble. Ross County brought some Ultras to Tynie and some wee laddie got a hard time and his drum pinched. Which is really off.

Crystal Palace have the biggest group of Ultras in the UK. But mostly just energetic teens looking to sing.

Wandering about Scotland as noisy Ultras is a dangerous affair if you're really just students.

Saying that, ideas welcome. Budge has killed Tynie.

I remember people used to say if you got rid of them then the atmosphere would improve with no divides. :laughing:

God knows what's happened to Pittodrie.

Too many snobs & different cliques & 'splinter groups' & 'top reds' & ' in crowds' & just twats in general that won't join in with certain other groups songs/chants etc. not just the ultras that were/are guilty of this (but they were particularly childish in this regard) but others are like that too. They'd prefer to slate other 'groups' & their shit songs etc.

You notice it all the time at the regular run of mill games at home especially but it gets diluted out when the fair weather fans attend for the bigger games.

This is a large part of the reason for the shite atmos at Pittodrie

Ironic part is,, is that the ones that moan most about the atmos being shit there are some of the worst culprits for slating those that try.

Over the years, the one topic that's always guaranteed to cause a controversy on AFC Chat is the Red Ultras... A quick search reveals multiple multi-page topics of greeting.

I'm always amazed that folk care so much about a group of young laddies wanting to sing a few daft songs, or wave some flags, at the football.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Red Ultras. Good luck to them I say - particularly if it upsets the bed-wetters.