Hoarding Shite!

YorkDon

Mrs YD and myself are moving into a new build around June time so decided to have a bit of a clear out today.

My fitba is off,frozen pitch,so thought why nae.

I have loads of old programmes and tips etc,guitar mags,6 guitars,tab books etc.

I also have shite from school etc.

We came to a compromise,kept all my Dons stuff,and guitar stuff,threw out old school stuff-winner!

Anyone else hoard shire or have stuff they canna get rid of?

Not a hoarder at all but three years back when my father died I set about emptying the house. Up in the loft in an old suitcase I found what i think was the first comic I ever paid for with my own money - a Whizzer and Chips from 1970. I do remember vowing to keep it at the time but thought it was long gone and no idea how it got in a suitcase. Now framed and up on a wall.

• Upvote 1

Last year I finally gave the wife an ultimatum of getting rid of all the baby stuff we had in the garage or let's get on with making #3 which I knew she did not want to do.

Fuck me, filled a transit van with the amount of stuff we had, prams, buggies, cribs and enough clothes to keep an orphanage in Romania stocked for years to come.

All went to Home Start charity in Kincorth and their shop beside John Lewis.

Mind you, still Canna get my car in the garage like!

I'm murder for it but also murder for throwing out stuff that ultimately is needed.

Prime example this time home.

Loads of charity shop stuff collected by the wife and put beside stuff that was needed for next year at Christmas. Kids Christmas jumpers etc.

She explained this to me but because they were in close proximity and when she talks I've the attention span of a goldfish I subsequently scooped everything up and away it went to the Barnardos clothing bin.

I could see that the Christmas stuff was needed to be kept and thought it was strange she was binning it. Despite that off I went. Just complete auto pilot.

When I came home she asked me where the Christmas stuff was. In the Barnardos bin obviously.

She took a while to calm down after that.

Still have no idea why I did it. Just a brain fart for a few minutes.

Have launched several things that looked like shite only to find out it's a key component to a pram, toy or whatever and end up having to pay ridiculous prices off Amazon to replace.

Huge clear out this time home upcoming. I've been warned to only pack away approved stuff. :laughing:

• Upvote 1

How much you get per CD? Is it not sub 50p.

Like LP collectors I think its worth more to my possession than any monetary market value.

Takes up a lot of space tho unfortunately.

Aye for a lot of them you dont get much,but as I had put them

all on my laptop anyway,they were just sat gathering dust and taking up space.

There are a few out there and you can scan the barcode in and they give you a value.

I had a few special editions and rarities that they offered a couple of quid for,so kept them to sell on EBay or wherever.

Youll nae make a fortune or anything near what you bought them for,but theyre nae worth much in this digital download age anyway...