Aberdeen V Kilmarnock (2 - 1)

0-0.

Pre season enthusiasm crushed game 1.

Tup is going with his loon so be default we have fucking no chance of a win unless he leaves him in Adam Lounge/Hawthorn for the duration of the match.

If the loon stays away then 4-0 Aberdeen and we remain as we are at the moment top of the league. 4-1 if Clangers is in goals, 4-0 if it's Weaver.

It would be an odd occurence for the sun to be doing something else.

Or certainly the end of life in our solar system. Well, not strictly true - life will have ended prior to that during the expansion when the star is turning into a red giant. Unless mankind or subsequent inhabitants of Earth have created a means to migrate to a more distant planet, it will be tatties o'er the side.

• Upvote 1

Or certainly the end of life in our solar system. Well, not strictly true - life will have ended prior to that during the expansion when the star is turning into a red giant. Unless mankind or subsequent inhabitants of Earth have created a means to migrate to a more distant planet, it will be tatties o'er the side.

I'll be more pissed off if we don't beat Killie than if the sun explodes.

I'm hopeful of a win, but well aware that by 5 O'Clock I might be thinking why am I putting myself through this for another season :)

Staying up in Aberdeen on the Friday night, and I'm now of an age that I've got a car park pass for the Golf Road this season, no more walking for me!

Hope for an emphatic win, but will take any kind of win, 3 points, get the confidence up and lets start the season at the business end of the league!

I would have said that at this point last year we were even more optimistic of some degree of success but after the 0-0 draw with Ross County it would turn out to be just that, optimism.

This year although we have been probably more busy behind the scenes I think we are now settling for being realists and getting a few games under our belt.

I am fairly confident we can take four points from the first 2 games thus setting up the Celtic game nicely. Then we will know if we have turned a corner and we can end up at the right end of the table.

I'm behind McInnes

I will even give Langfield the benefit of the doubt just now

COYR

looking forward to the brave new world of the SPFL! anyway i'll go for a 2-0 win my side would be.

Langfield.

Shaughnessy, Anderson, Reynolds, Robertson.

Wylde, Jack, Robson, Flood,

McGinn, Vernon

subs, Weaver, Hector, Storie, magennis, Zola, Low,Pawlett

No Hayes?

I don't think Wylde looks ready to start yet... would rather have Pawlett and Hayes in my starting line up tbh.

No Hayes?

I don't think Wylde looks ready to start yet... would rather have Pawlett and Hayes in my starting line up tbh.

well can only play 11 and the good thing just now is we have options , I was swithering whether to put robbo at LB and play hayes in midfield that would be an option

• Downvote 1

I'd go:

Clangers

Shaughnessy-Anderson-Reynolds-Robson

Wylde-Flood-Jack-Pawlett

Hayes

McGinn

Or perhaps have Pawlett playing behind McGinn instead of Hayes, I'm not sure.

Team is looking decent on paper, good to have some solid options for once instead of Gavin Rae and Stephen fucking Hughes.

McInnes may elect to play McGinn out wide, and Vernon as the main 'stand alone' striker. This represents the opportunity for McGinn to support when on attack, and allows the natural height of Vernon to tap in on crosses or set pieces. I see Vernon and Zola being an either/or option and not something where we'd have both playing at the same time.

Hayes will start, for sure... not sure about Wylde, who will most certainly need quite a few games to get up to speed with football after such a lengthy injury spell.

Other sticks on (injuries not dictated) would be Robson, Flood, Jack, Anderson, Reynolds, Shaugnnessy and Robertson.

For me, it's the wide playing positions in midfield that are more difficult to call. Who has the touch, the flair, the confidence and the form to start, and to perform in front of an expectant home crowd?

My team for Sat would be:

Langfield

Shug - Russ - Reynolds - Robertson

---------- Robson -----------------

Hayes - Flood - Jack

McGinn

Vernon

Subs - Weaver, Hector, Wylde, Zola, Pawlett, Low, Magennis

The other options I guess, would be more 3-5-2, but not sure McInnes is either a fan or this, or has played this formation pre-season:

------- JL ----------

JS RA MR

BR

PP RJ WF JH

NM SV

Don't think Vernon will start.

Who will partner McGinn then? Magennis? I def think he'll want one reasonably tall/powerful striker on the pitch..... If not Vernon, then it has to be Magennis, no?

Aye, I think Magennis would get the nod ahead of Vernon if it was to be the formation you mention, or Zola if he is fit. Vernon's days at Aberdeen are coming to an end imo.

I've not seen any pre-season games however, has McGinn been playing up top or more wide?

Actually, Vernon looked ok against Twente when he came on, and has scored a couple pre-season as well. If he can get back to the form of two seasons ago, he's a crackin player. Last season, Brown played him in centre mid ffs or up front on his own, to try and pull meteor like punts out of the sky!

McGinn was playing wide left 1st half, with Magennis on his own. I think this was due to the passing nature of our opponents. Can't see us employing one up front for SPL games.... not at home.

No Hayes?

Wylde would start on the bench for me. Pawlett with his fine goal earned himelf a starting spot. I would play Jack right back as he would offer more going forward than Joe, he could support Pawlett with overlapping runs.

My team would be:-

Langfield

Jack - Ando - Reynolds - Robertson

Pawlett - Flood - Hayes

McGinn Magennis

McInnes may elect to play McGinn out wide, and Vernon as the main 'stand alone' striker. This represents the opportunity for McGinn to support when on attack, and allows the natural height of Vernon to tap in on crosses or set pieces. I see Vernon and Zola being an either/or option and not something where we'd have both playing at the same time.

Hayes will start, for sure... not sure about Wylde, who will most certainly need quite a few games to get up to speed with football after such a lengthy injury spell.

Other sticks on (injuries not dictated) would be Robson, Flood, Jack, Anderson, Reynolds, Shaugnnessy and Robertson.

For me, it's the wide playing positions in midfield that are more difficult to call. Who has the touch, the flair, the confidence and the form to start, and to perform in front of an expectant home crowd?

My team for Sat would be:

Langfield

Shug - Russ - Reynolds - Robertson

Hayes - Flood - Jack

McGinn

Vernon

Subs - Weaver, Hector, Wylde, Zola, Pawlett, Low, Magennis

I think we might struggle down the left side if we're to adopt some kind of 4-4-2 formation. Its neither Flood nor Jacks natural position and Robson's not got the legs to play there. Taking in either Pawlett or Wylde would mean dropping 1 of those 3. I think the best option is to play a 4-3-3 with Hayes and McGinn either side of Vernon/Magennis/Zola and letting the three midfielders cover the centre of the park. Hopefully McGinn can still get a decent return playing a little bit further wide.

Good to have options but I hope we don't spend half the season trying to find our best formation.