Freddie Woodman

It will be interesting to see who is chosen today.Derek McInnes describes Freddie Woodman as 'a fantastic young talent.' Danny Rogers is a goalkeeper I have always liked since watching him come through the youth team at Balgownie,saving penalties,terrific shot stopper.It will be a body blow to him if Freddie Woodman goes straight into the team today against Hamilton.Danny Rogers had a sliding door moment against Kilmarnock,Kris Boyd free kick Merkland End twenty minutes to go,Danny Rogers saves but spills it and manages to scramble the rebound away.It was very nearly 2-2 and a big error on his home debut.Instead, soon after, Niall McGinn breaks away to score a brilliant goal and it is 3-1 Aberdeen and Danny ends the game with superb last gasp save from Stephen O'Donnell.Aberdeen win well,Derek McInnes is so pleased for Danny Rogers.Now he signs Freddie Woodman.

Aye Woodman starts today.

Rogers Aberdeen career effectively over before it has begun.

Dare I say for good reason?

In Saturdays RedMatchday magazine there is an exclusive in-depth interview with Danny Rogers.

It did start to cross my mind that I would be the longest serving Aberdeen player to have never played! It was not something that overly worried me, but I did start to wonder if it would ever come. Finally it did and I felt I did alright.

To put it into some kind of context, I am the only one from my age group who is left at the club. Those included Craig Murray, Stephen ONeill, Ryan Fraser, Jack Grimmer, Declan McManus, Jamie Masson, Jordan Brown, Mitch Megginson, Joe Shaughnessy. A lot of them have gone on and done well for themselves. Some of them made their debuts a long time ago, so it has been a long time coming!

Did Megginson not debut away to Olomuc? Ffs.

Thanks Razor,I look forward to reading that interview with Danny Rogers in the programme today.That was the Friday afternoon team at Balgownie years ago.Another lifetime ! Mitch Megginson did indeed make his debut in that match in August 2009.

Feels like it pal. Good times.

I'll DMA now shall I...

Mr/Freddie Woodman, Bring us a cup, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Get every clean sheet and never fuck up, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

You've got safe hands, you're not a bed wetter

Go tell Mike Ashley that the Dons are better !

Mr/Freddie Woodman, Bring us a cup, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Get every clean sheet and never fuck up, (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Lunchtimes, evenings, afternoons...

Mr/Freddie Woodman a Dandy til June...

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over
Sandman, I'm so alone (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Don't have nobody to call my own (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream

• Downvote 3

I'd be shocked if Woodman didn't start. Rogers will be off in the summer which is the best outcome for him. He would probably get a regular gig in the Scottish championship and rebuild from there.

He could do better than the championship. Dundee or even Hibs are not exactly flush for keepers. He could very well go on to be another Scott Bain.

Think it was a really poor move from McInnes to drop him. But it's an open secret Rogers isn't McInnes' biggest fan, so there's clearly a bit of friction between the two of them.

He could do better than the championship. Dundee or even Hibs are not exactly flush for keepers. He could very well go on to be another Scott Bain.

Think it was a really poor move from McInnes to drop him. But it's an open secret Rogers isn't McInnes' biggest fan, so there's clearly a bit of friction between the two of them.

Have to say it's the first time I've ever read or heard of any friction between them.

Have to say it's the first time I've ever read or heard of any friction between them.

Rogers was promised the number one shirt when he came back from Falkirk the first time, which was key to him signing a new contract.

Instead we signed Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander made him third choice, then sent him back to Falkirk.

Rogers has never quite forgiven him since then and I doubt this weekend will have gone down well.

Rogers was promised the number one shirt when he came back from Falkirk the first time, which was key to him signing a new contract.

Instead we signed Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander made him third choice, then sent him back to Falkirk.

Rogers has never quite forgiven him since then and I doubt this weekend will have gone down well.

Fuck him.

As long as the right decision is made. Shankland thought he was hard done by too.

I've no idea who's the best keeper. But if he's not done enough to warrant a run in the team by now when our no.1 is injured then he's fucked.

A good attitude and hard work and maybe he'll come good. If he thinks he's better and feels sorry for himself then get used to the lower leagues and finding a real job.

He's out of contract at the end of the season anyway. Today was just the fimal nail in his AFC coffin.

Fuck him.

As long as the right decision is made. Shankland thought he was hard done by too.

I've no idea who's the best keeper. But if he's not done enough to warrant a run in the team by now when our no.1 is injured then he's fucked.

A good attitude and hard work and maybe he'll come good. If he thinks he's better and feels sorry for himself then get used to the lower leagues and finding a real job.

Who says he doesn't have a good attitude or work hard? The Falkirk fans loved him, Peter Houston wanted to sign him permanently, and he turned that down to sign a new deal with Aberdeen.

If Danny Ward felt aggrieved at not being given a chance at Liverpool would the same "he's clearly not done enough" comments be aimed at him when he's had two successful loan spells at Aberdeen and Huddersfield (and didn't do himself any harm on the rare occasion he was picked, same as Rogers I thought in the last two games).

As for "finding a real job". Well in the real world would you be happy with your boss bringing in a new person and promoting them above you?