Sam Roscoe

Part time club in a league of full time clubs, where better to cut his teeth, learn the trade, he's at the best place imo and doing a brilliant job, been MOTM on more than one occasion, Alloa manager says he'll go on to bigger things. Was always a stand out at under 20 games last year.

Surely with both Reynolds and Considine coming to the end of their careers and McKenna certain to move on next summer we will offer this obviously very good young prospect a new deal?

Surely with both Reynolds and Considine coming to the end of their careers and McKenna certain to move on next summer we will offer this obviously very good young prospect a new deal?

Think the biggest problem is he doesn't look like a player and will have the odd fuck up, can Mcinnes take a chance on a young defender??

Think the biggest problem is he doesn't look like a player and will have the odd fuck up, can Mcinnes take a chance on a young defender??

You'd like to think if he is still training with us 3 days a week that McInnes is seeing the improvement what you obviously see. He must be getting reports back from his performances at Alloa where it sounds like he's doing well (probably better than McKenna did at Ayr).

• 1 month later...

Sam was man of the match again against Falkirk on Saturday yet I hear when he comes back to train with Aberdeen midweek he trains with the reserves and kids, doesn't make sense to me, holding his own in the Championship with the only part time team in the league, young and left footed so an ideal replacement for McKenna when he inevitably goes, wonder what the clubs thinking is behind that.

Players on loan go to try and improve their game and try and impress the host club, he seems to being doing his side of the bargain but no extension on his contract yet. Any time I've seen him he's been a stand out, just don't get the clubs thinking, not as if it would cost a fortune to extend his deal. 

• Upvote 1